Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Rogers Wireless Retention Plans

Aug 24, 2010
31 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
kraziekpboy wrote:
Sep 1st, 2010 12:09 am
hey mrperfect. I am want to get an iphone4. I called retentions and they didnt have any. Should I keep calling retentions everyday to see if they have it or just go to the apple store in the morning and lineup. I was thinking lineup? no way. I will call everyday.. but seeing soo many people waiting soo long to get their iphone 4 through retentios even after ordering got me thinking,.. maybe I will lineup..

I'd say keep trying every day. I was told when I did my HUP last Friday that when the Rogers warehouse gets a shipment of iphones, they usually last about half a day and they're OOS again. So I'd say try calling around 10 or 11 am EST, they probably get stock by then. Good luck!
iPhone 4 Plan | 200 Day Minutes | Unltd Eve+Wknds Starting at 6PM | Unltd Network Calling | Unltd Text Msging | 6GB Data Plan | Caller ID | Call Manager | WhoCalled | $37.50 + GRRF
Feb 24, 2003
382 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Question:

I have a pretty decent retentions plan on my Sony X10 (which my wife uses).
I am looking to get a 2nd phone (Iphone 4) for myself. Has anyone had any luck having retentions duplicate an existing voice/data plan (including all the discounts)?
When I called yesterday, the rep claimed I need to have the account for at least a year before they can start adding discounts. And I'd have to pick one of the existing plans to start with.

Truth or fiction?

Thanks!
-bb
Jul 29, 2010
394 posts
14 upvotes
ndy4eva wrote:
Sep 1st, 2010 2:54 am
Did you get the shipping information on email for the phone? I did receive the back order email for the sim and no other email. :confused:

I got the confirmation later that day. I ordered it around 8am vancouver time and got the shipping confirmation around 4:30. I recvived the phone on Monday about 11:30.
Rogers iPhone 4 32GB |250 Minutes + Unld Wkd & 6pm Eve |My 5 Local and Text|UNC+LD|CID,VM & 2500SMS |100LD|6GB Data| = $50 + HST -2.58GRRF Credit
Jul 29, 2010
394 posts
14 upvotes
bitbrain wrote:
Sep 1st, 2010 8:15 am
Question:

I am looking to get a 2nd phone (Iphone 4) for myself. Has anyone had any luck having retentions duplicate an existing voice/data plan (including all the discounts)?
When I called yesterday, the rep claimed I need to have the account for at least a year before they can start adding discounts. And I'd have to pick one of the existing plans to start with.

Truth or fiction?

Thanks!
-bb

Me and my wife had different plans before I started this a month ago, but everytime I made a change to mine, I asked if they do the same to my wife's line and they would add it no problem. Only difference is I have data and she doesnt.
Rogers iPhone 4 32GB |250 Minutes + Unld Wkd & 6pm Eve |My 5 Local and Text|UNC+LD|CID,VM & 2500SMS |100LD|6GB Data| = $50 + HST -2.58GRRF Credit
May 5, 2009
450 posts
36 upvotes
sorry i know its off topic but what do you about VIRGIN MOBILE?? (coverage) bcuz they have the 6G of data for $30
just want your opinions. thanks
Jul 29, 2010
394 posts
14 upvotes
melvin905 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2010 8:28 am
sorry i know its off topic but what do you about VIRGIN MOBILE?? (coverage) bcuz they have the 6G of data for $30
just want your opinions. thanks

Virgin is owned by Bell, so maybe someone familira with Bel's coveragel know more about it?
Aug 18, 2010
100 posts
Ontario
ice_cap wrote:
Sep 1st, 2010 1:27 am
Ordered two iPhone 4s through retentions on Friday, August 27th at 10:10AM PST (1:10PM EST). Got order confirmation emails for both. Tonight (Aug. 31st) at 10:00PM PST, I got one hardware back order notification e-mail stating that the microSIM card is currently on back order. Any idea if that means they actually have the phone in stock, but are waiting to ship it with the microSIM card together? Any other possible ideas? Thanks guys!
BTW, I never got any shipping confirmation e-mails.

How did you order two iphones??! I can't even get one!!
Plan: 350 DT | 6pm E/W ($17.50) | CID+VM+2500txt ($10) | 100MB-1GB ($10-$25) | Unlimited Incoming Local Calls/Network Calls ($0) | 100 CDN LD ($0) | Detailed Billing/Call Fwding/Transfer/WhoCalled Service/Call Manager ($0) | GRRF ($2.35) = $39.85-$54.85
Credits: MFD ($15) | MFD ($5) | DD ($10) = $30.00
Total: $9.85-$24.85+tax = $11.13-$28.09
Jul 29, 2010
394 posts
14 upvotes
mrperfect wrote:
Aug 31st, 2010 11:51 pm
Are you paying for My 10? Have you considered trying to drop something you dont use to save money. Problem is they are giving you some type of discount on pretty much anything that you have.. hard for me to tell you where to push further.. if you were on a voice + data plan things would have been a lot different.. anyways put your thinking cap on and see where you can save even if you can sacrifice something.

Even for me I have realised that I have reached the end of my credits and I accept it. Even if Robbers really wants to give me a credit there is nothing they could save me anymore. Most of my addons are already credited. I only pay $5 for my voice and $10 for data apart from these two charges everything else is free too.. So yeah eventhough i might be able to get some more feature credits, this will be the end of savings for me and I do know that I wont be able to push my plan any more.. :confused:

update sorry my bad still paying for grrf and so im not hopeless yet

The one credit that seems to be hard for you to get was the easiste for me! I told them I didnt want to pay more than $50, so they made my plan $50 and gave the grrf credit when they gave me the plan

On a side note, with all the partial credits/full credits and plan changes I had with last month, my Sept invoice came out to $8.34. Since they didnt have the microsim and I had to purchase one from Best Buy, I got that credit to my account and now I see they owe me 2.96!!!

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/142r8n7.png[/IMG]
Aug 29, 2010
22 posts
SK
Is it true that Monthly Plan Credit+ Data Credits cannot be greater than your monthly plan fee? Trying to think of ways to cut corners...

Currently I have this offer (impending upon iPhone 4 to add data):
$25 Voice plan (200 min, early ev, unlim text)
$30 6 gb data
$8 Caller ID
-$10 Monthly Plan Credit
-$10 Data Credit
-$8 Monthly Fee Discount (Caller ID)
=$41.76 or something after grrf and tax (not 100% sure as I don't have the data added till I find an iPhone 4 in stock)

Was thinking, since I don't use more than 2500 texts usually, and can avoid going over, of switching to EPP + Retentions VP hoping they'd bump my MFD to $10, or at least retain it as $8

=$17.50 Voice (200 min, early ev)
$30 6 gb data
$10 Retentions VP

but then would my Monthly Plan Credit + Data Credit have to be lowered to $17.50 total instead of $20? Even if this were true, my plan would drop to 17.50+30+10 - (17.5+8) or 17.50+30+10 - (17.5+10) depending on whether they'll switch me to the VP and cover it completely, which I think is most likely and would lower my cost by about $5 a month. Thoughts? Would of course hope all my credits could maintain =[
Aug 29, 2010
22 posts
SK
bitbrain wrote:
Sep 1st, 2010 8:15 am
Question:

Truth or fiction?

Thanks!
-bb

+1, I'm also wondering about this... negotiated a solid plan last week and would like to add another line on the same plan...
Aug 27, 2008
439 posts
150 upvotes
CaucasianAsian wrote:
Sep 1st, 2010 9:05 am
Is it true that Monthly Plan Credit+ Data Credits cannot be greater than your monthly plan fee? Trying to think of ways to cut corners...

Currently I have this offer (impending upon iPhone 4 to add data):
$25 Voice plan (200 min, early ev, unlim text)
$30 6 gb data
$8 Caller ID
-$10 Monthly Plan Credit
-$10 Data Credit
-$8 Monthly Fee Discount (Caller ID)
=$41.76 or something after grrf and tax (not 100% sure as I don't have the data added till I find an iPhone 4 in stock)

Was thinking, since I don't use more than 2500 texts usually, and can avoid going over, of switching to EPP + Retentions VP hoping they'd bump my MFD to $10, or at least retain it as $8

=$17.50 Voice (200 min, early ev)
$30 6 gb data
$10 Retentions VP

but then would my Monthly Plan Credit + Data Credit have to be lowered to $17.50 total instead of $20? Even if this were true, my plan would drop to 17.50+30+10 - (17.5+8) or 17.50+30+10 - (17.5+10) depending on whether they'll switch me to the VP and cover it completely, which I think is most likely and would lower my cost by about $5 a month. Thoughts? Would of course hope all my credits could maintain =[

Monthly Plan Credits cannot exceed the value of your voice plan. $17.50 voice plan means up to $17.50 in monthly plan credits (though usually they'll only give $15 maximum for that plan, and even that's very difficult to get).

Data Credits cannot exceed the value of your data plan. The largest data credit I have seen has been a total of $20 in data credits on mrperfect's line.

This should answer your question:
His voice plan costs $40 and his data plan costs $30. He has $35 in monthly plan credits and $20 in data credits. He pays $5 for his voice plan and $10 for his data plan every month.
Aug 29, 2010
22 posts
SK
Slingshot377 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2010 9:10 am
Monthly Plan Credits cannot exceed the value of your voice plan. $17.50 voice plan means up to $17.50 in monthly plan credits (though usually they'll only give $15 maximum for that plan, and even that's very difficult to get).

Ah, so in fact switching to EPP would save me the full $7.50 if I can get the retentions VP and have it fully credited, + I would get voicemail... Looks like I'll be making a call today or tomorrow. Wow, I hope it all goes well, if that's the case my plan would come out to around $34 :-0
Aug 22, 2010
216 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
nanoboy wrote:
Aug 31st, 2010 5:28 pm
im in windsor, and i am patient :) just posting when i get it so people know when stock is in... but i find it weird that they didnt even send me a tracking number meaning it hasnt even shipped yet
haha i wouldn't worry too much about a tracking number, my sister didn't even bother to track anything and the phone just popped out at the door :lol:
adrianf74 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2010 5:41 pm
Question: How (im)possible would it be to get Retentions to add the 6GB/$30 plan to a Galaxy S when it hits shelves next month?

I really like the idea of that phone over the iPhone4. Thanks to anybody who can answer this one.
i skipped the iphone 4 for the captivate too! while going through pages and pages of people trying to get their hands on an iphone 4, i was sighing to myself, and at times tried to convince myself to get the iphone 4 :( but it is DEFINITELY worth the wait. now to answer your question, i THINK they are going to extend the $20/6gig promo.
200 mins + 50 bonus mins | unlimited evenings & weekends | unlimited network calling + LD | retention value pack | 6gb data |

$20 + $5 + $10 + $30 + saf + eaf = $72.70 - $31.95 monthly credits = $40.75 before tax

don't forget to click on THANKS!
Nov 24, 2009
57 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
DaiMikeGor wrote:
Sep 1st, 2010 9:21 am
haha i wouldn't worry too much about a tracking number, my sister didn't even bother to track anything and the phone just popped out at the door :lol:

i skipped the iphone 4 for the captivate too! while going through pages and pages of people trying to get their hands on an iphone 4, i was sighing to myself, and at times tried to convince myself to get the iphone 4 :( but it is DEFINITELY worth the wait. now to answer your question, i THINK they are going to extend the $20/6gig promo.

$20/6gig??? i thought it was $30/6gig promo?? or did it change?
Jun 7, 2005
764 posts
152 upvotes
GTA
whyask wrote:
Sep 1st, 2010 9:27 am
$20/6gig??? i thought it was $30/6gig promo?? or did it change?
it's $10 data credit of $30