[OP]
Nov 24, 2019
38 posts
25 upvotes

[Rogers Wireless] Rogers Black Friday Plans

Retailer:
Rogers Wireless
More offers from Rogers Wireless
These plans have just been implemented in the system. Don't know when Rogers is allowed to sell them for new customers but these are for Black Friday indeed. You can call in and switch to them now.

ALL NON SHARE PLANS
$70 for 15GB on no tab
$80 for 15GB on edge 20
$90 for 15GB on edge 30
$100 for 15GB on edge 40

SMARTPHONE DEALS
You can head online and grab up to a $100 credit when activating or upgrading any smartphones on a two-year plan or go in-store and get:

A Samsung Galaxy S10+ for $0 down on an Edge 40 plan
An iPhone 11 Pro for $0 down on an Edge 40 or Edge 30 Tab with Upfront Edge
An iPhone 11 for $0 on Edge 40 plans
A Samsung Galaxy S10 is $0 on Edge 20 plans
A Samsung Galaxy S10e is $0 on Edge 20 plans

• Door Crasher, In Rogers stores only on Nov 29th (Black Friday) only. Limited quantities, while supplies last.
  • Customers who buy an iPhone 11 at $0 get an iPad 6 (value $600) and a Sonos One Speaker (valued at $249) on us
  • The offer is available on a 2 year 20GB Rogers Infinite Plan. The iPad, would be at $0 and comes with a free 2 year tablet plan for 24 months.
  • As a reminder, with our Rogers Infinite plans, customers can actually share the unlimited data between their phone line and tablet and never have to worry about going over their data.
  • The iPad offer is not available in Quebec. Quebec customers are eligible for a $200 credit on new activations and hardware upgrades on select plans online or through our Rogers branded stores
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 29th, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Reason: formatting issues
139 replies
Apr 27, 2010
208 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
Be aware rogers change their price at any given time (with notice).
[OP]
Nov 24, 2019
38 posts
25 upvotes
FPrince wrote: Be aware rogers change their price at any given time (with notice).
While that is true, that is true with all carriers. No one is safe. Rogers, Fido Virgin, and Bell went up by $5 on their $60 10GB plan to $65. Telus went up $10 on their $60 plan to $70 but if you called and complain they would have given you $70 for 15GB.
Dec 26, 2012
726 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto
I'm trying to figure out this Edge financing 20, 40 and the $450 upfront savings on the 64gb iPhone 11 Pro.

So confusing to me!

Going to stick with my 256gb X on my 15gb + 3gb $60 plan.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7471 posts
4949 upvotes
Canada
512kbps after 15gb?
Still $20 too expensive
Last edited by RFDQ1016 on Nov 25th, 2019 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 22, 2015
501 posts
812 upvotes
Toronto, ON
...Man I'm so glad I got rid of Rogers for Public Mobile.
[OP]
Nov 24, 2019
38 posts
25 upvotes
Dealavenger19 wrote: what is the source OP?
All I can say is if you call, they can confirm that they have the plans and willing to change it for you.
Nov 13, 2019
163 posts
266 upvotes
oakley0023 wrote: I'm trying to figure out this Edge financing 20, 40 and the $450 upfront savings on the 64gb iPhone 11 Pro.

So confusing to me!

Going to stick with my 256gb X on my 15gb + 3gb $60 plan.

That's their goal, to make thing more confusing so people don't know the real $$ value of the purchase/deal.

First you need to realize that the Edge 20 and Edge 40 etc. is just the way they name their plans. If they want you on an expensive plan, they don't say "Buy this premium expensive plan" they say "You need Edge 40 if you want this deal". So that's the first source of $$ they'll get from you (assuming the Edge 40 is more expensive than your current plan since your current plan is $60).

Then there's Upfront Edge, which is basically saying "we would normally sell you this phone for $450 if you join the Edge 40 plan, but we'll do you a favour and not make you pay that and just lend you the phone. But after 2 years we want our phone back. Or, after 2 years you can buy it from us for $450." The part that makes this even shadier is that you have to 'trade up' the phone or buy it out... so it's not like you just give it back and walk away, but they'll be locking you into the same position...again. Eventually, you'll have to pay that $450 (or whatever it becomes when you trade up) if you want out.

So you need to assume that $450 is going to be paid at some point, either on this phone, or the next, or the next.

Your total true cost of getting the new phone = Plan increase + Pay Today + Upfront Edge Savings

Assuming you pay sticker price for the cheapest Edge 40 plan, that means you'll be paying $115 for 10GB data. That's an extra $55 per month from your current plan (x2 years is $1320). There's $0 down for the phone, but $450 in "upfront savings" (which you'll have to pay off eventually unless you keep trading up phones indefinitely), so the total cost of the phone plus 7GB extra data is $1770 over the 2 years. Obviously if you can bargain the $115 plan down to something cheaper it will make the total amount lower.

edit: just remembered the first post is literally about cheaper plans lol, so if you pay $100 for 15GB data, you get an extra 12GB data for extra $40 per month. The $1770 would turn into $1410.

edit 2: just noticed your plan is 15gb + 3gb, I guess this is what happens when I'm tired and reading quickly. So it's actually not extra data; BF deal would be basically equal data, but regular plans would actually be less data for those numbers.
Apr 7, 2017
222 posts
145 upvotes
Brantford
bigtuna99 wrote: That's their goal, to make thing more confusing so people don't know the real $$ value of the purchase/deal.

First you need to realize that the Edge 20 and Edge 40 etc. is just the way they name their plans. If they want you on an expensive plan, they don't say "Buy this premium expensive plan" they say "You need Edge 40 if you want this deal". So that's the first source of $$ they'll get from you (assuming the Edge 40 is more expensive than your current plan since your current plan is $60).

Then there's Upfront Edge, which is basically saying "we would normally sell you this phone for $450 if you join the Edge 40 plan, but we'll do you a favour and not make you pay that and just lend you the phone. But after 2 years we want our phone back. Or, after 2 years you can buy it from us for $450." The part that makes this even shadier is that you have to 'trade up' the phone or buy it out... so it's not like you just give it back and walk away, but they'll be locking you into the same position...again. Eventually, you'll have to pay that $450 (or whatever it becomes when you trade up) if you want out.

So you need to assume that $450 is going to be paid at some point, either on this phone, or the next, or the next.

Your total true cost of getting the new phone = Plan increase + Pay Today + Upfront Edge Savings

Assuming you pay sticker price for the cheapest Edge 40 plan, that means you'll be paying $115 for 10GB data. That's an extra $55 per month from your current plan (x2 years is $1320). There's $0 down for the phone, but $450 in "upfront savings" (which you'll have to pay off eventually unless you keep trading up phones indefinitely), so the total cost of the phone plus 7GB extra data is $1770 over the 2 years. Obviously if you can bargain the $115 plan down to something cheaper it will make the total amount lower.

edit: just remembered the first post is literally about cheaper plans lol, so if you pay $100 for 15GB data, you get an extra 12GB data for extra $40 per month. The $1770 would turn into $1410.

edit 2: just noticed your plan is 15gb + 3gb, I guess this is what happens when I'm tired and reading quickly. So it's actually not extra data; BF deal would be basically equal data, but regular plans would actually be less data for those numbers.
Thanks Lol
Very detailed explanation
I was bit confused before with the upfront edge
Apr 28, 2019
108 posts
71 upvotes
I purchased my phone so I wouldn't have to pay $70/month for a no tab plan. Not going with Roger's if that's their BF deal.
[OP]
Nov 24, 2019
38 posts
25 upvotes
deals1112 wrote: I purchased my phone so I wouldn't have to pay $70/month for a no tab plan. Not going with Roger's if that's their BF deal.
Compared to last years BF deal, its better.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3545 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto
Is this the complete Rogers BF deal?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9054 posts
53859 upvotes
Ontario
Last year bf deal is better. this one is nothing.

Note: THE REAL BLACKFRIDAY only starts on Friday or Saturday.

All carriers are waiting for each other to launch their best promo and then copy each other.
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Penalty Box
Dec 20, 2004
5281 posts
1280 upvotes
Toronto
Chrislanoue56 wrote: While that is true, that is true with all carriers. No one is safe. Rogers, Fido Virgin, and Bell went up by $5 on their $60 10GB plan to $65. Telus went up $10 on their $60 plan to $70 but if you called and complain they would have given you $70 for 15GB.
The fact that all Canadian mobile operators are terrible, does not excuse the fact that Rogers is terrible.