Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Rogers Wireless] Rogers Black Friday Plans

Aug 16, 2011
200 posts
61 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I gave up on calling in, I am hoping tomorrow they update plans on their website.
Registered Real Estate Sales Representative
Nov 6, 2006
249 posts
156 upvotes
Coquitlam
lonelybadger wrote: I gave up on calling in, I am hoping tomorrow they update plans on their website.
Couldn't get through?
[OP]
Nov 24, 2019
38 posts
25 upvotes
steveng wrote: Sorry, what I meant was that I was able to do a HUP on an additional line in a Share Everything plan and they would change just the one additional line to an Edge 20 line but keep the rest the same.
Exactly what I said. You wouldn't be able to upgrade on the old additional line which is why they moved you to an in-market plan for that line.
Nov 27, 2019
1 posts
Just spoke with a rogers rep and they said if any offical BF plan deals are on that are better than the one you just signed up for (like I did) then you can call in and get that deal.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5089 posts
1884 upvotes
Toronto
lonelybadger wrote: I gave up on calling in, I am hoping tomorrow they update plans on their website.
I just called them and called the corporate Roger's store. They Black Friday deals are already up and running in the store but these plans don't exist.

So, not exactly sure what is going on with Roger's.
Nov 24, 2019
39 posts
27 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote: I just called them and called the corporate Roger's store. They Black Friday deals are already up and running in the store but these plans don't exist.

So, not exactly sure what is going on with Roger's.
I called as well but they mentioned that those deals were only for anyone who has 6 months with Rogers. I left a few months ago.
Sep 22, 2015
6 posts
5 upvotes
Victoria, BC
What I think most people don't get with these Edge financing deals is it's essentially a lease, just like a car lease. If the phone has scratches, dings, dents, discolouration, dead pixels on the screen, etc. you'll likely be bent over and they'll charge you the remainder owing on the lease.

So far I've seen nothing that beats the deal last year of 10gb for $60 and if you had one of those plans, you'd be way better off buying a new phone outright and continuing to use that plan. Everything else is a rip off in comparison.
Dec 28, 2014
32 posts
4 upvotes
Langley, BC
So I called in and was speaking with "loyalty" right away somehow.....no long wait on hold.

Existing plan: Talk and Text plan with 10GB data for $90 plan with a 25% loyalty "Winback deal" = $76 all in after tax

Offered: New plan identical to previous one (talk/ text/ VM etc) with 15GB data, New Samsung S10, $100 bill credit, $35 activation waved, $80 plus tax = $91 all in after tax.

This seems like the offer on page one $80 with 15 GB Edge 20 with the $100 added.

Does this seem good or should I hold out? It does not seem like a "loyalty" type plan or really special upgrade from what I have?
I mean...I would be getting a newer phone and 5 more gigs for $15 bucks more. So it is $360 more for the duration of the contract. Hold out for boxing day?

How does this compare to what other providers are doing right now?

Thanks for your thoughts
Feb 29, 2008
93 posts
14 upvotes
Just called in to get the Edge 40 plan and a HUP, managed to keep my existing plan, paid $200 for the S10+, $200 credit on next bill plus credit for the activation fee.
Dec 28, 2014
32 posts
4 upvotes
Langley, BC
Sorry Moderators....this was supposed to be a reply with quote to joeyy84 post....you can delete this if necessary. I'm still learning how to use this forum.

You got a $200 credit? How did you manage that?

So just curious? You kept your existing plan, and got the S10+ for free because the $200 credit offset the money you paid? Did they give you any extra data or tell you that you "had" to change your plan?

Thx
Last edited by CHAJAZZ on Nov 28th, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 28, 2014
32 posts
4 upvotes
Langley, BC
joeyyy84 wrote: Just called in to get the Edge 40 plan and a HUP, managed to keep my existing plan, paid $200 for the S10+, $200 credit on next bill plus credit for the activation fee.
Oops....I'm a rookie. Meant to reply to this post

So just curious? You kept your existing plan, and got the S10+ for free because the $200 credit offset the money you paid?

Did they give you any extra data or tell you that you "had" to change your plan?

Thx
Feb 29, 2008
93 posts
14 upvotes
CHAJAZZ wrote: Oops....I'm a rookie. Meant to reply to this post

So just curious? You kept your existing plan, and got the S10+ for free because the $200 credit offset the money you paid?

Did they give you any extra data or tell you that you "had" to change your plan?

Thx
Not sure, I just got lucky, the Rep seemed like he was in a really good mood. Called in specifically for a HUP and asked about the black Friday Edge 40 deal. I asked if they could waive the activation fee. As he was going through the process of the HUP he said he'd check if he could credit the activation fee, then came back and said he can do better - keep existing plan (nothing special: $90 for 16 gigs) , pay $200 for the phone, then credit $200 and the activation fee on my next bill.

I took the deal and ran.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3543 posts
212 upvotes
Does anyone know if the plan prices listed on the first page (e.g. Edge 40 15GB for $100) are still expected? Checked online and I'm seeing 10GB for 115, so hopefully this takes effect in the morning
Feb 29, 2008
93 posts
14 upvotes
Shimso wrote: Does anyone know if the plan prices listed on the first page (e.g. Edge 40 15GB for $100) are still expected? Checked online and I'm seeing 10GB for 115, so hopefully this takes effect in the morning
You'd have to call in. Not available in-store or online.