Hot Deals

[Rogers Wireless] Rogers Mobile Winback $36/25GB (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2021 2:14 pm
[OP]
Nov 29, 2016
28 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Rogers Wireless] Rogers Mobile Winback $36/25GB (YMMV)

Retailer:
Rogers Wireless
More offers from Rogers Wireless
Did anyone else get a phone call similar to this? I was with Rogers awhile back maybe 5 years ago and they called saying that I'm eligible for this winback plan as followed below.

The representative told me hes with Rogers winback department and provided me this phone number as I can call back and decide later on. He also gave me his name so I can leave a message and ask for him directly and follow up.

I am located in BC

Rogers Winback number
(778-382-9955)

***I called the number and the company is "7X Towers partnered with Rogers"
Is this company legit?

What was offered:
-$45/month with 20% off for 24 months = $36/month
-25GB LTE Data
-Unlimited call/text
-$100.00 bill credit
-Activation fee credited
-No sim card fee
- Additional 200.00 credit if I decide to get a phone through them

Right now I'm with Telus with their $45/25GB "Endless Data - No Data Overages" plan

My history for providers are Rogers>Koodo>Freedom>Telus(current)
Last edited by charliebitme1 on Jun 4th, 2021 6:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
167 replies
Feb 26, 2008
816 posts
766 upvotes
Surrey
I'm gonna say....I hate you. Lol...in jest of course. Wow...that's a fantastic offer. I am paying $63.75 for roughly that plan. Just have a 5gb bonus to bump up to 30gb. If I were you, snag it!! I didn't want to play the hop providers game so ended up just renewing with Rogers when I needed an upgrade.
Jun 7, 2018
6 posts
3 upvotes
Yeah, it’s usually not Rogers but a 3rd party team.

What province are you in?
[OP]
Nov 29, 2016
28 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
HiroLegito wrote: Yeah, it’s usually not Rogers but a 3rd party team.

What province are you in?
British Columbia

*edited in original post
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10881 posts
5115 upvotes
i need a deal like this,
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1242 posts
1889 upvotes
rancid82 wrote: I'm gonna say....I hate you. Lol...in jest of course.
No, I hate you too! LOL.

This is a flippin great offer if you can get it. Or tell Telus what you were offered. They won't match it or try to beat it till your gone and then they play "the game". It's a pain but....
$50 15GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Rogers
$22.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
$0.00 a month w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk / $9.99 6 months texting (FREE using Google Rewards) - Fongo Mobile App
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1222 posts
3031 upvotes
Well besides a good deal, back to your concerns.

Switched five years ago and only now they contact you? That sounds kinda fishy.

Do they have social media or LinkedIn you can research?

These companies collect a lot of information under the pretense of a "credit check". If they have enough for a credit check, they have enough to impersonate you. Gotta do more research if you're having doubts of their legitimacy.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
10086 posts
70330 upvotes
Ontario
Lol
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Mar 30, 2007
320 posts
314 upvotes
if it wasnt from the original winback team then I wouldnt want to deal with them.
The deal does seems really good tho. But if its too good to be true....
Nov 7, 2014
166 posts
55 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
It's great deal with the 20% off on top. I recall the same discount was offered on a few occasion within the last 12 months.
Jul 31, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
Victoria
I got this offer last year with $300 device credit and free a tablet plan.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13931 posts
5539 upvotes
Toronto, ON
OP, I have the same provider history as you and I was a Rogers wireless customer since the Cantel days. I only left Rogers when I couldn't negotiate a good retention deal last year so I went to Koodo. Then the Telus winback deal popped up so I went to Freedom then called Telus winback to get on the same $45/25GB winback plan as you. I've been quite content with the Telus plan so I'm not really looking to switch, but if Rogers can offer an additional 20% off for 2 years to switch back plus $200 hardware credit, I would go back to Rogers in a heartbeat. That is assuming the base $45/25GB will not increase over time (which Rogers may not be able to guarantee). The $45/25GB Telus winback is supposed to not increase over time and so far it hasn't.
Mar 31, 2020
230 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
charliebitme1 wrote: Did anyone else get a phone call similar to this? I was with Rogers awhile back maybe 5 years ago and they called saying that I'm eligible for this winback plan as followed below.

The representative told me hes with Rogers winback department and provided me this phone number as I can call back and decide later on. He also gave me his name so I can leave a message and ask for him directly and follow up.

I am located in BC

Rogers Winback number
(778-382-9955)

***I called the number and the company is "7X Towers partnered with Rogers"
Is this company legit?

What was offered:
-$45/month with 20% off for 24 months = $36/month
-25GB LTE Data
-Unlimited call/text
-$100.00 bill credit
-Activation fee credited
-No sim card fee
- Additional 200.00 credit if I decide to get a phone through them

Right now I'm with Telus with their $45/25GB "Endless Data - No Data Overages" plan

My history for providers are Rogers>Koodo>Freedom>Telus(current)
According to this Reddit thread (different offer/date), it does seem "legit" because a couple of users say that they later called Rogers to verify call centre notes 7x had made note of: https://www.reddit.com/r/Rogers/comment ... up_a_call/

But I also see that you've referred to a "7X Towers" while the thread talks about a "7X Powered".
If all the world's a stage, then where is my audience?
Jun 22, 2009
461 posts
226 upvotes
it is legit, go for it. what you got to lose?
just remember, the 25 gb is 4LTE and not 5G.

still, it is great speed and you won't be missing out on anything!! i would take it.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
2023 posts
635 upvotes
sigh-so much for customer loyalty. How sad is it we need to switch carriers to get decent deals.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1239 posts
856 upvotes
I got a similar deal a few months back, only difference is the 20% off which I didn't get. With that said, I do regret switching because of the hassle of dealing with Rogers. Even worst, their coverage in my area seems to have gotten worst than before.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)