Rogers Wireless

Rogers Mobile Winback $36/25GB (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2021 3:11 pm
Oct 21, 2020
85 posts
9 upvotes
Windsor, ON
Could someone please guide me if 2 lines can both be shared everything 25GB for $45? If both are shared everything, does it mean if line # 2 uses 30GB, Will it use 25GB of its own data and 5GB from the 1st line?

Somewhere online I read one account can have one share everything phone line and other will be individual line. Will appreciate if someone can explain it. Thanks
Unlimited International & Domestic 4G LTE Data - (used maximum 90GB in EU & Asia for months)
Contact me if you have Rogers/Fido/Telus/Bell grandfathered unlimited data plan
or Freedom Promo 50 8GB with F&F discount (One with 1GB US data).
Oct 21, 2020
85 posts
9 upvotes
Windsor, ON
nucats wrote: I am paying $50-26 gb share everything plan, I have added tablet and Apple Watch with addition 4 gb data (1 gb for Apple Watch and 3 gb for tablet)
How much Is the Apple Watch line & tablet line charges monthly. Did you have an option for $0 line that would just use your share everything plan’s 26GB?
Unlimited International & Domestic 4G LTE Data - (used maximum 90GB in EU & Asia for months)
Jan 26, 2020
207 posts
150 upvotes
Fazzu23 wrote: How much Is the Apple Watch line & tablet line charges monthly. Did you have an option for $0 line that would just use your share everything plan’s 26GB?
$22 for watch (2 year finance), $10 plan and $0 for tablet and $ 0 for tablet plan. My monthly bill is around $90 for all services.

i think with share everything plan, rogers charge $10 to add service. Tablet and tablet plan is free (promotion from last Oct/Nov)..
Oct 21, 2020
85 posts
9 upvotes
Windsor, ON
nucats wrote: $22 for watch (2 year finance), $10 plan and $0 for tablet and $ 0 for tablet plan. My monthly bill is around $90 for all services.

i think with share everything plan, rogers charge $10 to add service. Tablet and tablet plan is free (promotion from last Oct/Nov)..
Oh ok. So Apple Watch has its own number? Do all missed calls on phone get forwarded to Watch’s number? I wish they would allow $20 US roaming add on per month rather than $10 roam like home. $0 for tablet is frequently offered or not?
Jul 9, 2016
16 posts
21 upvotes
EarthViews wrote: I guess not the website. Just more or less the process and payment being via e-transfer.
FuryMonster wrote: The standard big sites are more flashy and upfront about their "best deal" or "most popular deal" and prices and such. I feel like i have to navigate more to get the same info ? if that makes sense?.
The home page should probably show somthing specific about the deals rather than mentioning how good and reliable it is ?. check the deals tab and i would like to know before i click what it cost?.

Think about the red flaggers trying to get the best deals possible with the least amount of effort. Show us somthing we want to buy. ( Samsung s21 10$ + 45$ plan 25gig ) click here to get etc...

I also was slightly sketched out about the site and lack of details about phone offers that I passed.
neilcutter wrote: I don’t think it’s the design. Design is okay. You were very very clear with all the steps.
People, by nature, are just like that. And nothing wrong with that either. Nobody wants to lose money.

Me, I availed your service because I read reviews and just trusted my gut. Now, I’m enjoying my 25gb data with my new phone as well. Not part of cellphoneman’s service is getting bill credits from Rogers. Reading through this thread, I see some had gotten upto $300 bill credit. I asked winback team if I could get a credit and was offered $100, I again asked nicely if I can get more credit. Agent put me on hold then came back shortly to give me $300.

Bottomline, you can deal with cellhponeman and Get the plan you wanted. The rest (device/credits) is up to you.
Thank you all for your feedback. Will let the thread get back to it's roots.
Cellphone Man Canada
Helping Canadians with high cellphone bills since 2011
Jan 26, 2020
207 posts
150 upvotes
Fazzu23 wrote: Oh ok. So Apple Watch has its own number? Do all missed calls on phone get forwarded to Watch’s number? I wish they would allow $20 US roaming add on per month rather than $10 roam like home. $0 for tablet is frequently offered or not?
Yes, apple watch has it's own number, but it's linked with primary number. The watch acts as stand alone device , you can connect air pods, bluetoot phone, stream music, get text messages, make and receive phone calls. I decided to delay new iphone purchase (i have iphone 11) and opted for watch 6 series , so far great experience.
Jul 3, 2021
4 posts
Wondering if I actually got a call from Rogers. I ported out two numbers, first mine, then my wife's. They've called her several times and she's tried answering twice but it just beeps and then hangs up.

Switched to TELUS but really would switch back if I could get that 25GB for $45 deal!
Oct 21, 2020
85 posts
9 upvotes
Windsor, ON
I got the deal a few days ago. Got 20% off for 24 months as my numbers were BC numbers even though my billing address is in ON. I wish Telus offered me too, they called me for my other line 2 days ago, 20GB for $55, wouldn't offer 25GB for $45. So set with Rogers for $36 for 2 years.
May 2, 2006
52 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Left Rogers for Telus, no call yet. Calling the Tower number is a VM....and no option to leave voicemail. Anyone have success reaching out to them?
Qualifyiing Statement: I have been advising clients for the last 12 years, and every day is just as exciting - helping clients, reach their goals in the most efficient and effective manner. -A."The individual investor should act consistently as an investor and not as a speculator." - Ben Graham
Jul 3, 2021
4 posts
Fazzu23 wrote: I got the deal a few days ago. Got 20% off for 24 months as my numbers were BC numbers even though my billing address is in ON. I wish Telus offered me too, they called me for my other line 2 days ago, 20GB for $55, wouldn't offer 25GB for $45. So set with Rogers for $36 for 2 years.
Wait Rogers only gave you the $45/25GB on one line? If I'm able to get through to them and they offer it only on one line that is a deal breaker.

This is looking more and more like it won't happen.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1985 posts
660 upvotes
Edmonton
I left voice messages at the 1 (833) 892-3338 number twice over the past two weeks (most recently last Tuesday, June 29)

They still haven’t called me back, presumably due to the fact that I declined previous offers based on no 5G.

Can anyone else confirm that it is still LTE and not 5G? I live in Alberta so if it’s really $36 then I might cope with the LTE. Only if Rogers called back, maybe it was a long weekend due to Canada Day.

Also I’m thinking of porting 2-3 lines if that is the case. Does the same price apply across all lines?
Oct 21, 2020
85 posts
9 upvotes
Windsor, ON
xero939 wrote: Wait Rogers only gave you the $45/25GB on one line? If I'm able to get through to them and they offer it only on one line that is a deal breaker.

This is looking more and more like it won't happen.
They were not able to convert my existing line to that plan, I got two lines from Rogers on the winback plan.

The line I wasn’t offered Winback plan was ported over from Telus and then Telus called me and offered only 20GB for $55 but not $45 for 25GB. So I declined the offer from Telus. Told call me if they have 25GB for $45 deal.
May 2, 2006
52 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
This 833 number is winback division for Fido and not Rogers.
Qualifyiing Statement: I have been advising clients for the last 12 years, and every day is just as exciting - helping clients, reach their goals in the most efficient and effective manner. -A."The individual investor should act consistently as an investor and not as a speculator." - Ben Graham
Apr 6, 2020
59 posts
213 upvotes
tablo13 wrote: I left voice messages at the 1 (833) 892-3338 number twice over the past two weeks (most recently last Tuesday, June 29)

They still haven’t called me back, presumably due to the fact that I declined previous offers based on no 5G.

Can anyone else confirm that it is still LTE and not 5G? I live in Alberta so if it’s really $36 then I might cope with the LTE. Only if Rogers called back, maybe it was a long weekend due to Canada Day.

Also I’m thinking of porting 2-3 lines if that is the case. Does the same price apply across all lines?
Yes winback deal is only LTE+ not 5G. But funny part is both speeds are same on Rogers as i had previously infinite plan and found 5G thingy just a gimmick. Currently i have 2 lines on $45 and 25 GB and couldn't be happier
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
4188 posts
236 upvotes
Is there an actual number to call and try to get this offer? All the ones listed here go to VM, I haven't been with Rogers in probably 5+ years.
Dec 14, 2013
4 posts
1 upvote
Ask him to get the Rogers plan first, open new line for it and transfer to you afterward then
Sep 30, 2012
186 posts
13 upvotes
Vaughan
Just wondering
Currently with Rogers
My plans expire in December so I have time
Overall been happy with the service

If I move my lines to Fido
Would they even bother with Winback for me ?
Since I’m technically still under Rogers
May 30, 2021
253 posts
349 upvotes
Radioactivemann wrote: Just wondering
Currently with Rogers
My plans expire in December so I have time
Overall been happy with the service

If I move my lines to Fido
Would they even bother with Winback for me ?
Since I’m technically still under Rogers
You would need to move to Bell/Telus (Virgin/Koodo) or Freedom. Since fido is still rogers, very very unlikely you get a winback call
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1985 posts
660 upvotes
Edmonton
Got connected to winback. Was only offered $45/25GB with no additional discounts… The rep insisted it is the maximum discount they can give. The first few times right after cancellation they called with at least $100 bill credit BYOD.

It’s still a nice saving of at least $5 from my current $55 20GB Telus winback account (-$15 family discount for two lines) with more data.

I still took the Rogers winback deal because 5G isn’t even noticeably faster than LTE. Telus also seems to have worse coverage throughout Edmonton with slightly faster speeds than Rogers (both experiences were on 5G). Overall nothing crazy that makes me stick with Telus.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1985 posts
660 upvotes
Edmonton
templer wrote: This 833 number is winback division for Fido and not Rogers.
Actually that was the number Rogers contacted me through, days after I switched from Rogers to Telus. Not gonna lie, the mixup of Rogers and Fido messages in that voicemail box got me confused initially… I know Fido is still under Rogers but not sure if they operate two separate winback departments. I know for Koodo/Telus winback they can offer from both brands.