Expired Hot Deals

Rogers Wireless

Rogers Mobile Winback $36/25GB (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2021 3:11 pm
Mar 18, 2006
614 posts
61 upvotes
3py0n wrote: IIRC isn't the price for the phone just a "lease" and after the 24months you gotta return it?
The price of the bring it back is posted. You have the option to return it or keep it. If you keep it, just pay the bring it back amount. Everyone should take advantage of going with the bring it back route because there are extra promotional credits applied there.
~=[,,_,,]:3
Mar 18, 2006
614 posts
61 upvotes
neroses wrote: What is everyone’s experience with rogers in the past for credits? I had an issue with with the incorrect monthly credits (I was supposed to get a $10/month discount for financing but instead was given an upfront edge financing). After discussing with them they sent me a new sim and instead of giving me the $10/month discount ($240 total) they accidentally applied an extra $300 bill credit so now I have a total of $600 bill credit. Is there a chance in a month or two rogers will change the $600 bill credit back to $300? If there is I plan on calling them and ensuring that they apply the right monthly discount knowing they will likely remove the $300 bill credit.
It's much better they give you credit up front. I would avoid contacting them. Better you use up all the credit first then attempt to contact them again. In the end, you are out on top with an extra $60 and also everything is given to you upfront vs the $240 being applied monthly spread over 24 months. You've won.
~=[,,_,,]:3
Jan 9, 2017
18 posts
22 upvotes
rogersvictim2015 wrote: Update: Got in touch with someone at cellphoneman website. Was told I'm not eligible. Guy was a piece of garbage anyway. Their loss. Worked with some other local guy, didn't end up getting the offer as my current plan has some perks that this don't have.

Still a Rogers Victim for all you know. Sigh!
Just providing a data point here. Finished the order through Tony at cellphoneman.ca and had a small issue with the credits which Tony was able to help solve. Got confirmation emails from Rogers as well, and will be getting my phone in the mail in a few days. I had quite a few questions before signing up and had good quick responses each time. Would say that he's far from "a piece of garbage", at least on my interactions with him.

That being said, make sure to read all of the info on the sites and links he provides, it's pretty clear from there and from your message that you weren't eligible for the deal that was being offered. :rolleyes:
Oct 16, 2014
82 posts
33 upvotes
BC
Is anyone else only being offered $35/6GB or $45/25GB options from them? I can't get the $36/25GB from them.
I'm in BC btw.

Edit: just read through the thread and I see that its mostly $45/25gb instead of the $36/25gb from the first post.

Anyways, what is the cheapest option for buying a new phone? I'm mainly interested in Iphone 12, S21, or Pixel 5 depending on which would have the best deal.
Mar 25, 2017
245 posts
342 upvotes
GTA
manoflegend12 wrote: It's much better they give you credit up front. I would avoid contacting them. Better you use up all the credit first then attempt to contact them again. In the end, you are out on top with an extra $60 and also everything is given to you upfront vs the $240 being applied monthly spread over 24 months. You've won.
Thanks. My main worry is in a month or two they will realize the error somehow and change it back to $300 instead of $600 credit. I guess i will take that risk and hope i works out.
Jun 22, 2009
539 posts
267 upvotes
neroses wrote: What is everyone’s experience with rogers in the past for credits? I had an issue with with the incorrect monthly credits (I was supposed to get a $10/month discount for financing but instead was given an upfront edge financing). After discussing with them they sent me a new sim and instead of giving me the $10/month discount ($240 total) they accidentally applied an extra $300 bill credit so now I have a total of $600 bill credit. Is there a chance in a month or two rogers will change the $600 bill credit back to $300? If there is I plan on calling them and ensuring that they apply the right monthly discount knowing they will likely remove the $300 bill credit.
seems like you got the short end of the stick... just keep it quite and see how it turns out.
the worst outcome is you'll end up with the $300 credit that you've agreed on.
Jun 22, 2009
539 posts
267 upvotes
CellphoneMan wrote: Uhh...I'm a piece of garbage because you're not eligible?

You're not eligible because you're already with Rogers LOL. This is a WINBACK plan.

What you're looking for is called Rogers loyalty/retention. Either that or you never contacted us.

Look at everybody else's reviews. This guy either never contacted me, or was just having a bad day.
No point getting emotional buddy..
some people just can't read and you can't help everyone lol.
Nov 27, 2014
284 posts
62 upvotes
North York, ON
I wonder if i’d be eligible.

Was a rogers customer back in 2015 and has changed my number since then.

Records should still show me as a previous customer with an account number.
Nov 27, 2014
284 posts
62 upvotes
North York, ON
Or can i sign up as a new customer, cancel, then request for a winback call?
Jan 3, 2008
372 posts
51 upvotes
Victoria
Any idea what the number is for the winback department is these days? And what hours they're working? Is that 7 towers number in the OP the one everyone is using? Has anyone verified it and received a phone etc yet?

Thanks in advance! :)
Apr 16, 2019
506 posts
522 upvotes
3py0n wrote: IIRC isn't the price for the phone just a "lease" and after the 24months you gotta return it?
Yes, $1.79 per month for 24 months is like a 'lease'.

I hope people can get a better price than I did, but I doubt it. I think they give those deals out only if the big 3 have to... Winking Face
Apr 16, 2019
506 posts
522 upvotes
texasbruce wrote: How did you get it? Is it winback offer?
Win back, they sent me a text. I had 50 Gb bell unlimited plan before I switched to freedom mobile. I was hoping I could surf net between ttc subway stations. That was a pipe dream...

I have spent a lot of money with Rogers too for my business, so I could probably get the current win back from them too, but I am happy with bell and the s21+ they gave me, both for under $50 per month plus taxes. I also got 24 month android warranty from Costco as deductible is better and so is total cost for 2 years, as they gave me a promo too Winking Face ymmv.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
2160 posts
749 upvotes
iMarketing wrote: Fyi, for anyone needing 5G the Bell win back I got a few weeks ago comes with:

5G, 25gb (unlimited data that gets throttled down... ) plus unlimited cdn. text and calls for $100-55 credit=$45/month

New cell phone. I got Samsung S21+ in this bundle for 24 months for $1.79 extra, etc.

$47.79 plus tax and regular gov't fees per month for 24 months...

Ymmv...

The big 3 are still very competitive...

Samsung_Galaxy-S21-Plus_Black_5G_lrg1.png
Does bell raise their prices annually? I have this problem with their FTTH service.
Apr 16, 2019
506 posts
522 upvotes
kenvin100 wrote: Does bell raise their prices annually? I have this problem with their FTTH service.
For over 10 years I have stayed away from being locked into carrier contracts by buying mid tier cell phones outright. This way I would just switch and either get a win back or go/ stay elsewhere...

How much have they raised your Internet / cell phone prices (above inflation) and what reasons do they give?

I am hoping for the best for next 24 months 🤞 Luckily I make enough money off of my smart phones these days not to really worry too much about small increases... My digital marketing business is growing leaps and bounds now, so they tend to give better deals when you add lines or switch to bell business, etc. Same with Telus and Rogers I find.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
2160 posts
749 upvotes
iMarketing wrote: For over 10 years I have stayed away from being locked into carrier contracts by buying mid tier cell phones outright. This way I would just switch and either get a win back or go/ stay elsewhere...

How much have they raised your Internet / cell phone prices (above inflation) and what reasons do they give?

I am hoping for the best for next 24 months 🤞 Luckily I make enough money off of my smart phones these days not to really worry too much about small increases... My digital marketing business is growing leaps and bounds now, so they tend to give better deals when you add lines or switch to bell business, etc. Same with Telus and Rogers I find.
they normally raise it a couple bucks annually. I find a good trick is to avoid any form of bundling as it's much worse down the road. Go with one service no contract-more negotiation power as we can leave at any time.
Dec 20, 2006
672 posts
288 upvotes
The bring it back prices are absolutely insane, Carrier pricing for phones are always high but they inflate them even more for the Bring It Back scam. Compared with Samsung's prices, it's around 150$%. What happen if you return a broken phone in 2 years ?
The posted BIB prices are close to the actual street value TODAY (when you factor in Tx) so there is no way it's worth it in 2 years.

So yeah, I will stick to buying my own phones for now... The days of getting the latest flagships for free + $$$ GC are long gone.
Images
  • Bring it back normal.JPG
  • Bring it back EPP.JPG
May 31, 2017
376 posts
416 upvotes
GTA
noxlord wrote: So yeah, I will stick to buying my own phones for now... The days of getting the latest flagships for free + $$$ GC are long gone.
Completely agree.

I'd rather buy phone on finance if I have to (best buy finance/flexiti/paybright) or outright buy open-box (nearly new).
Sep 9, 2008
381 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
why are all these winbacks on LTE data?

seems like if you wanaa use 5G they bend you over with pricing
all your staples coupons are belong to us
Jul 26, 2011
636 posts
187 upvotes
ephdub wrote: This isn't new for the telecoms.

When we moved from WAP browsing to Edge so.. 2G to 2.75? G.. the telecoms differentiated "data" amongst the two.
The old "Enbridge" Bell corporate data plan was notorious.
Same thing when we moved to LTE... and now to 5G.

They'll nickel and dime you anyway they can.
Its not really nickle and diming. Its just good business. Bad for consumers sure, but this is how almost every industry works. New technology is heavily reliant on early adopters. 4G LTE was the same. When a brand new TV technology comes out, its extremely expensive. A lot want it, few can afford it and even fewer buy it at crazy premiums. A year later the prices start to come down.

When seasons change, clothing stores have great sales on older clothing. This is no different.

5G adds 0 value to the MAJORITY of consumers. Those need it or want to try it, have to pay a premium. Just the way it works..
Jan 3, 2008
372 posts
51 upvotes
Victoria
Which number are people calling to reach the winback team?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)