Rogers Wireless

Rogers Mobile Winback $36/25GB (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2021 3:11 pm
Oct 21, 2020
85 posts
9 upvotes
Windsor, ON
trader37 wrote: Did you get 20% off for 24 months and were you coming in from another carrier? Currently on a grandfathered legacy plan that only includes talk and text for $28.
Sorry not related to the other post but does your talk & text plan for $28 get wifi calling? Thanks
Unlimited International & Domestic 4G LTE Data - (used maximum 90GB in EU & Asia for months)
Contact me if you have Rogers/Fido/Telus/Bell grandfathered unlimited data plan
or Freedom Promo 50 8GB with F&F discount (One with 1GB US data).
Apr 9, 2008
58 posts
569 upvotes
Toronto
I got a call from WinBack last week. I was offered $45 for 25GB and a $100 bill credit despite being on a BYOD plan as well as a waiver of the connection fees. I took the offer as I'm currently paying $75 with bell for unlimited LTE (this was an amazing plan) but the pandemic has made cellular data fairly irrelevant to me.
Jan 26, 2020
207 posts
150 upvotes
I am paying $50-26 gb share everything plan, I have added tablet and Apple Watch with addition 4 gb data (1 gb for Apple Watch and 3 gb for tablet)
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13129 posts
2574 upvotes
Vancouver
EarthViews wrote: I saw this and gave it a shot. Just got a $45 for 25gb plan from Rogers. Website felt sketch but actually worked lol.
Yeah. I briefly looked lol and does look sketchy.
Dec 21, 2004
964 posts
219 upvotes
I don't think so... he has a flip phone right now but this is what the plan details say:
Plan details

Unlimited MMS
Network Features
Billed Usage-Invoice Details
Unltd Text/Pic/Video Messages
Legacy IDV MSF Increase
Call Display w/Name Display
National Rogers to Rogers
Voicemail included in Plan
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1556 posts
892 upvotes
Was definitely unusual, but my accnts are all setup through them too!
Ryanroldy wrote: Just providing a data point here. Finished the order through Tony at cellphoneman.ca and had a small issue with the credits which Tony was able to help solve. Got confirmation emails from Rogers as well, and will be getting my phone in the mail in a few days. I had quite a few questions before signing up and had good quick responses each time. Would say that he's far from "a piece of garbage", at least on my interactions with him.

That being said, make sure to read all of the info on the sites and links he provides, it's pretty clear from there and from your message that you weren't eligible for the deal that was being offered. :rolleyes:
Jul 26, 2011
636 posts
187 upvotes
ephdub wrote: You need to look up what nickle and dimed means.

The example on the site is clear.

New technology, and new adaptation means costs. The end user pays for the upgrade. We pay more to the benefit of the business (system access fees, 911 fee, connection fee, activation fee, SIM card fee, hardware upgrades need “in market plans”, etc…

That’s literally being nickle and dimed.

We’re being ripped off and you say, you’re not being ripped off! That’s good business! Face With Rolling Eyes
You make no sense. LOL

First of all, we are not speaking about the wireless industry. This thread and similar ones exist because we are being more than nickel and dimed, we are being raped.

The post in question was saying we are being nickel and dimed bc the winback plan doesn't include 5g.

That is NOT being nickel and dimed. If anyone expected 5G for no premium this quick is just delusional.

Can't wait for 16k TVs to come out and say we're being nickel and dimed because they're not the same price as 4k tvs
Apr 18, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Anyone know if EPP customers are eligible for winback offers? I’m on an EPP plan with Rogers, thinking of porting out to a non-Rogers carrier temporarily.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2017
1085 posts
1122 upvotes
Vancouver
AngelaT2396 wrote: Anyone know if EPP customers are eligible for winback offers? I’m on an EPP plan with Rogers, thinking of porting out to a non-Rogers carrier temporarily.
Generally speaking, no, since the deal you already get is a “negotiated rate” with targeted companies.
Oct 21, 2020
85 posts
9 upvotes
Windsor, ON
DefaultVLAN wrote: They have some cs problems but free wifi calling abroad as it should be.
Does any other network offer wifi calling like Rogers/Fido? I wish Chatr also offered it. I assume no prepaid at all that gets wifi calling
Unlimited International & Domestic 4G LTE Data - (used maximum 90GB in EU & Asia for months)
Dec 10, 2012
497 posts
215 upvotes
GTA
Are old customer (ported out months or even years ago) still getting calls. Been waiting for mine (all my numbers were with Rogers at some point in time, most recent being 1 yr ago) but havent had any luck
Aug 20, 2019
283 posts
174 upvotes
Fazzu23 wrote: Does any other network offer wifi calling like Rogers/Fido? I wish Chatr also offered it. I assume no prepaid at all that gets wifi calling
I dont even know if Fido does. Sadly no, and when I was with Bell and they offered several things to stay with them I was more than clear about it; you are just blocking ports to steal more money from people, the day that this changes call me back.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2489 posts
403 upvotes
Montreal
Fazzu23 wrote: Does any other network offer wifi calling like Rogers/Fido? I wish Chatr also offered it. I assume no prepaid at all that gets wifi calling
Telus, Koodo, Bell, Virgin, Freedom all have wifi calling, its pretty standard
Jun 2, 2010
681 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
Freedom Mobile also offers free Wi-Fi Calling while abroad (besides Rogers and Fido) on their postpaid plans:
4. How am I charged for using Wi-Fi Calling? 

When using Wi-Fi Calling, regardless of your physical location, your call is rated like it is made from the “Freedom” network. Minutes, texts and picture messages, and long distance charges if applicable, will be incurred as if a regular call/text/message is made from the “Freedom” network (including if call is made using Wi-Fi connection abroad), usage will be reflected in the local Canadian time zone of the network node you are connected to at that time. No additional subscription or monthly fees apply, but we reserve a right to limit the access to Wi-Fi Calling on certain rate plans. Data roaming will not apply provided you are using Wi-Fi Calling on a Wi-Fi network. A Wi-Fi Calling indicator will indicate when you are connected to Wi-Fi Calling service. 
TELUS: Unlimited 25 $37.50/25GB x 2 (50 GB pooled data)
AT&T Prepaid Unlimited Plus: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, ?? GB data
Oct 21, 2020
85 posts
9 upvotes
Windsor, ON
TheNightOwl wrote: Freedom Mobile also offers free Wi-Fi Calling while abroad (besides Rogers and Fido) on their postpaid plans:
I’m currently using Freedom’s wifi calling in USA and I must say so far it has been great. No flaws, except they can’t port my permanent number due to it being out of their footprint.
Oct 21, 2020
85 posts
9 upvotes
Windsor, ON
wrdeal24 wrote: Telus, Koodo, Bell, Virgin, Freedom all have wifi calling, its pretty standard
Telus, Koodo, Bell & Virgin’s wifi calling only works in Canada and not internationally, not even in US. So that sets Rogers, Fido & Freedom better in this aspect.
Oct 21, 2020
85 posts
9 upvotes
Windsor, ON
DefaultVLAN wrote: I dont even know if Fido does. Sadly no, and when I was with Bell and they offered several things to stay with them I was more than clear about it; you are just blocking ports to steal more money from people, the day that this changes call me back.
Fido does offer wifi calling on postpaid, freedom mobile offers on prepaid too (I’m using it myself in US). Bell and Telus only offer within Canada.
Aug 20, 2019
283 posts
174 upvotes
Fazzu23 wrote: Fido does offer wifi calling on postpaid, freedom mobile offers on prepaid too (I’m using it myself in US). Bell and Telus only offer within Canada.
Good to know. Offering it only in Canada is like not offering at all. They only need to say “use wifi calling where we don’t have coverage because we want your money and we won’t improve it”.
Jul 22, 2020
681 posts
108 upvotes
iMarketing wrote: Win back, they sent me a text. I had 50 Gb bell unlimited plan before I switched to freedom mobile. I was hoping I could surf net between ttc subway stations. That was a pipe dream...

I have spent a lot of money with Rogers too for my business, so I could probably get the current win back from them too, but I am happy with bell and the s21+ they gave me, both for under $50 per month plus taxes. I also got 24 month android warranty from Costco as deductible is better and so is total cost for 2 years, as they gave me a promo too Winking Face ymmv.
Which Costco and which province are you in? Is this promo still going on?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)