Expired Hot Deals

Rogers Wireless

Rogers Mobile Winback $36/25GB (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2021 3:11 pm
Jul 26, 2011
636 posts
187 upvotes
ephdub wrote: You’re delusional. Data is data. Differentiating data access by pricing is nickel and diming.

It’s like paying for Telus internet access on wifi 5 hardware but then having to pay extra money to access your internet service on wifi 6 hardware. Does that make sense to you?

The reason why we allow ourselves to get ripped off because people like you, and the government allow for price differentiation.
So let me get this straight, you lived through 3g, then the premium charge of 4G LTE, and you expect 5G to be the same price. Yes all carriers will say "Data is data, here's some free 5G folks. We've been marketing this for years and all phone manufacturers have too, but you the general public we love you so much, here it is for free"....and I'm delusional?

Lol take off your rosy glasses and welcome yourself to the real world. Carriers nickle and dime Canadians for a lot - but charging a premium for early adoption is not new, nor is it nickle and diming by any definition. You're the same guy that comments "COLD DEAL. NOT ALL TIME LOW"
Jul 9, 2016
16 posts
21 upvotes
EarthViews wrote: I saw this and gave it a shot. Just got a $45 for 25gb plan from Rogers. Website felt sketch but actually worked lol.
Why was the website sketchy? Any feedback is appreciated
trellaine201 wrote: Yeah. I briefly looked lol and does look sketchy.
How so?

Chickennbeans wrote: Was definitely unusual, but my accnts are all setup through them too!
What was unusual?

I'm wondering if it's the type of service we offer that may sketch people out (makes sense) OR is it the actual design of the website.

If it's the design, any feedback would be appreciated
Cellphone Man Canada
Helping Canadians with high cellphone bills since 2011
Apr 16, 2019
506 posts
522 upvotes
GreenLean wrote: Which Costco and which province are you in? Is this promo still going on?
100 Billy Bishop in Toronto, Ontario.

Deal was set up and approved with bell mobility call centre in advance. I prefer Costco prepaid 24 month android warranty and lower deductible for any claims plus free wireless buds and car charger. I got an Otterbox defender case from Amazon and a 25w super fast travel charger from best buy, etc.

I got it in May. I don't know if you qualify for a Bell win back offer and what is available now in terms of offers. Ymmv.

They were offering a $400 phone credit, which lowered my lease cost considerably on S21 plus.

My point is the big 3 all offer deals to customers they want to keep... Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Jan 22, 2019
353 posts
288 upvotes
CellphoneMan wrote: Why was the website sketchy? Any feedback is appreciated

How so?

What was unusual?

I'm wondering if it's the type of service we offer that may sketch people out (makes sense) OR is it the actual design of the website.

I guess not the website. Just more or less the process and payment being via e-transfer.
Jul 22, 2020
681 posts
108 upvotes
iMarketing wrote: 100 Billy Bishop in Toronto, Ontario.

Deal was set up and approved with bell mobility call centre in advance. I prefer Costco prepaid 24 month android warranty and lower deductible for any claims plus free wireless buds and car charger. I got an Otterbox defender case from Amazon and a 25w super fast travel charger from best buy, etc.

I got it in May. I don't know if you qualify for a Bell win back offer and what is available now in terms of offers. Ymmv.

They were offering a $400 phone credit, which lowered my lease cost considerably on S21 plus.

My point is the big 3 all offer deals to customers they want to keep... Smiling Face With Sunglasses
What's the 24 month warranty conditions?

How much is the deductible?

Prepaid 24 month warranty? How much and is it refunded at end of lease?

Did you call the bell call center to approve the plan, then go to Costco n get the rep to add it to the phone you wanted in store? Or was it sent to you by mail?
Jun 16, 2016
45 posts
23 upvotes
The standard big sites are more flashy and upfront about their "best deal" or "most popular deal" and prices and such. I feel like i have to navigate more to get the same info ? if that makes sense?.
The home page should probably show somthing specific about the deals rather than mentioning how good and reliable it is ?. check the deals tab and i would like to know before i click what it cost?.

Think about the red flaggers trying to get the best deals possible with the least amount of effort. Show us somthing we want to buy. ( Samsung s21 10$ + 45$ plan 25gig ) click here to get etc...

I also was slightly sketched out about the site and lack of details about phone offers that I passed.
Last edited by FuryMonster on Jun 24th, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fido Internet $37.50 - 300down/15up
Fido phone $40 - 10gig
Nov 27, 2014
284 posts
62 upvotes
North York, ON
CellphoneMan wrote: Why was the website sketchy? Any feedback is appreciated
How so?

What was unusual?

I don’t think it’s the design. Design is okay. You were very very clear with all the steps.
People, by nature, are just like that. And nothing wrong with that either. Nobody wants to lose money.

Me, I availed your service because I read reviews and just trusted my gut. Now, I’m enjoying my 25gb data with my new phone as well. Not part of cellphoneman’s service is getting bill credits from Rogers. Reading through this thread, I see some had gotten upto $300 bill credit. I asked winback team if I could get a credit and was offered $100, I again asked nicely if I can get more credit. Agent put me on hold then came back shortly to give me $300.

Bottomline, you can deal with cellhponeman and Get the plan you wanted. The rest (device/credits) is up to you.
Apr 16, 2019
506 posts
522 upvotes
GreenLean wrote: What's the 24 month warranty conditions?

How much is the deductible?

Prepaid 24 month warranty? How much and is it refunded at end of lease?

Did you call the bell call center to approve the plan, then go to Costco n get the rep to add it to the phone you wanted in store? Or was it sent to you by mail?
It was like a month ago, so don't have numbers handy. Best deal at the time.

Call any phone shop in a Costco and they can tell you the deal for the phone you want.
The one I went to is 416 630 9283

Bell contacted me after I ported out to freedom. Ymmv...
Jul 22, 2020
681 posts
108 upvotes
iMarketing wrote: It was like a month ago, so don't have numbers handy. Best deal at the time.

Call any phone shop in a Costco and they can tell you the deal for the phone you want.
The one I went to is 416 630 9283

Bell contacted me after I ported out to freedom. Ymmv...
How long did it take for them to call you after porting out to freedom?
Jul 6, 2019
18 posts
3 upvotes
EasyCompany251 wrote: Would you prefer Bell?
haha or Telus? I was once on hold with them for 2 hours trying to get thru. Zero customer service
Dec 31, 2009
151 posts
270 upvotes
town fmrly known as …
We moved 2 lines from Rogers to Telus in May and got the calls within a week.
We were so tired of Rogers that we didnt accept the offers and have been using Telus with no issue. Their customer service is really exceptional.
Today though I placed a call to them and left a vmail. Within an hour I got a call back with this.

$45 / 25G / $300 bill credit per line / waived $45 connection fee

for a phone S20FE $14mth owned or $0 +Tax or return after 2 years with purchase option of $300
or S21 for $35mth owned or $0+TAX or return after 2 years with purchase option of $631

We opted for the S20 @$14 mth.
Dec 20, 2006
672 posts
288 upvotes
zac3ne2nr wrote: We moved 2 lines from Rogers to Telus in May and got the calls within a week.
We were so tired of Rogers that we didnt accept the offers and have been using Telus with no issue. Their customer service is really exceptional.
Today though I placed a call to them and left a vmail. Within an hour I got a call back with this.

$45 / 25G / $300 bill credit per line / waived $45 connection fee

for a phone S20FE $14mth owned or $0 +Tax or return after 2 years with purchase option of $300
or S21 for $35mth owned or $0+TAX or return after 2 years with purchase option of $631

We opted for the S20 @$14 mth.
I supposed that the bill credit was conditionnal to getting a phone ?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2429 posts
910 upvotes
ohnabatko wrote: no way this works in GTA
I am going to move to BC and get this plan and move back.
Apr 9, 2015
224 posts
118 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
neilcutter wrote: I don’t think it’s the design. Design is okay. You were very very clear with all the steps.
People, by nature, are just like that. And nothing wrong with that either. Nobody wants to lose money.

Me, I availed your service because I read reviews and just trusted my gut. Now, I’m enjoying my 25gb data with my new phone as well. Not part of cellphoneman’s service is getting bill credits from Rogers. Reading through this thread, I see some had gotten upto $300 bill credit. I asked winback team if I could get a credit and was offered $100, I again asked nicely if I can get more credit. Agent put me on hold then came back shortly to give me $300.

Bottomline, you can deal with cellhponeman and Get the plan you wanted. The rest (device/credits) is up to you.
do you just call and ask for credits? what exactly do you say?
Nov 27, 2014
284 posts
62 upvotes
North York, ON
slifer wrote: do you just call and ask for credits? what exactly do you say?

They called me.

On top of the plan offer. I asked if I could get a device. Agent said yes.

I asked if i could get some bill credit. Agent put me on hold then came back with $100 credit.

I asked again if i can get more credit. Agent asked how much. I said $300. Agent put me on hold then came back and said that it’s approved.
Apr 9, 2008
58 posts
569 upvotes
Toronto
akafrm wrote: I got a call from WinBack last week. I was offered $45 for 25GB and a $100 bill credit despite being on a BYOD plan as well as a waiver of the connection fees. I took the offer as I'm currently paying $75 with bell for unlimited LTE (this was an amazing plan) but the pandemic has made cellular data fairly irrelevant to me.
Really regretting accepting this offer as Rogers' data and connection are absolutely terrible. Went to Montreal with some friends this weekend and I had 1bar for most of the drive, couldn't load anything or refresh any social media feeds. Hoping Bell contacts me to provide the same WinBack offer.
Dec 2, 2013
56 posts
47 upvotes
Brampton
akafrm wrote: Really regretting accepting this offer as Rogers' data and connection are absolutely terrible. Went to Montreal with some friends this weekend and I had 1bar for most of the drive, couldn't load anything or refresh any social media feeds. Hoping Bell contacts me to provide the same WinBack offer.
Highway performance for both would be pretty much same. But in cities, as far as my experience goes, Rogers usually has better mobile performance than Bell.
Mar 26, 2013
242 posts
178 upvotes
Twin Peaks
tipsyturvy wrote: Highway performance for both would be pretty much same. But in cities, as far as my experience goes, Rogers usually has better mobile performance than Bell.
We can also factor in network congestion during peak hours, and also note that there has to be some sort of cap per tower or everything would die near the tower.