Hot Deals

[Rogers Wireless] Rogers offers 2 month free of wireless service (credit back for April and May) for front line workers

Dec 26, 2004
487 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver
EL820 wrote: In order to get the two free months, does the heath care worker have to be the account holder and on a hospital EPP?
I just called in BC and they only have Fraser Health and Vancouver Coastal Health on there eligible list. They only asked for my hospital ID number.
Feb 2, 2011
35 posts
18 upvotes
Markham, ON
Does this only apply to Rogers cell phone plans or also to cable/internet etc.?
May 21, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
Hi there,
I called the Rogers. They said that it is valid for certain hospital in Ontario.They dont have any idea about the specific criteria they used to pick of these hospital. Is there anyway we can make a online thread to complain regarding this? This is totally unfair to the other hospital front-line staff who is working hard in this Pandemic. What do you say guys. Please comment.
Thanks
Jun 12, 2010
710 posts
153 upvotes
Vancouver
Golf_CL wrote: I just called in BC and they only have Fraser Health and Vancouver Coastal Health on there eligible list. They only asked for my hospital ID number.
Were you able to get credits immediately? Or did it take some time?
Are you on EPP now? or just a regular phone plan
Feb 24, 2017
126 posts
46 upvotes
EL820 wrote: In order to get the two free months, does the heath care worker have to be the account holder and on a hospital EPP?
I’d like to know this too, if anybody has an answer. I’m a nurse but my family’s cell phone account is under my husband who is not a health care worker.
Nov 4, 2013
198 posts
134 upvotes
North York, ON
From a friend: I have carefully reviewed your account and the hospital list. I do see here that Brampton Civic Hospital is not on the list to be eligible.

The utterly ridiculous part is that it was only after verification with employment was confirmed via email that they said they are not eligible.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2003
1888 posts
220 upvotes
smeeae wrote: I’d like to know this too, if anybody has an answer. I’m a nurse but my family’s cell phone account is under my husband who is not a health care worker.
I’m in the exact same situation. The spouse is a health care worker and works for one of the eligible hospitals but the account is in my name and we are NOT on a hospital EPP.

I’m wondering if Rogers will give the 2 free months if the spouse can provide proof of employment.
Dec 25, 2011
20 posts
23 upvotes
Montreal
Thank you OP

Was able to get two months credited (work at a hospital in QC)
Could not get the 10% ongoing because I am already getting 30% of my plan

'' You are currently getting 30% off on your share everything plan. The 10% discount is only applicable to customers on the infinite plan and the two offers are not combinable which means you would not be able to get 30% + 10% on the infinite plan. It would either be 30% on your current plan or 10% on the infinite plan. ''
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2879 posts
775 upvotes
Toronto
We use Bell for our hospital cellphones maybe its tied to that kind of arrangement i.e. if you hospital cellphones are with Rogers then u get the deal
Nov 24, 2006
316 posts
120 upvotes
london
Curious if Bell Mobilty will soon follow?
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2017
1501 posts
3378 upvotes
This is great but can we not put these frontline workers only deals in one mega frontline workers thread? This is at least the third deal for frontline workers at the top of trending I’ve seen.

Would it not be more beneficial to just have a megathread for them (as a sticky even) that they visit regularly to see details, new additions, etc. Which at the same time would keep these deals that are otherwise irrelevant to the majority of RFDers off the trending page?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4751 posts
4364 upvotes
clseea wrote: Wouldn't it be more impactful to help people that are out of work for the time being?
Lets see, ~$70/month for 2 months from Rogers, or $2000/month from Justin for several months, which would you choose?