Hot Deals

[Rogers Wireless] Rogers offers 2 month free of wireless service (credit back for April and May) for front line workers

May 19, 2006
70 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
EL820 wrote: I’m in the exact same situation. The spouse is a health care worker and works for one of the eligible hospitals but the account is in my name and we are NOT on a hospital EPP.

I’m wondering if Rogers will give the 2 free months if the spouse can provide proof of employment.
My situation:

Account (EPP lines) is under my name. Both me (PHSA) and wife (VCH) are health care workers; however I was ineligible. Mentioned wife works for VCH, gave them her work email and got the 2 months credit!
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4751 posts
4364 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: i am not aware of any special offers for people off work collecting CERB at home. This offer is to "thank" the front line workers and not "help" people out sitting at home collecting CERB
Some of which who have refused offers to go back to work since they'd rather collect the $2000/month coming out of all of our pockets...
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
2481 posts
1801 upvotes
repatch wrote: Some of which who have refused offers to go back to work since they'd rather collect the $2000/month coming out of all of our pockets...
I dont have any issues with paying people a benefit to buffer the effects of the pandemic. It's also meaningless to use the "taxpayer" line as we're all taxpayers cerb recipients included, and I'm glad to not have to be on cerb and have no prejudice or I'll feelings against those who are on it . I even understand reluctance for some of them to go back to work especially when masks aren't mandatory. An optician I know went back to work today after being on cerb for last month or so and she's terrified because of close contact nature of her job and she bought a bunch of PPE for work. If she had older or other vulnerable people at home, I can understand her not wanting to go back and stay on cerb

But this offer is targeted for specific group of workers for their contribution during these difficult times

Also, Humber River hospital is also excluded from the offer, though the csr gave his thanks to my wife though! Oh well, seems only the larger health/hospital networks are included which is quite common for other offers to hospitals (non covid19 related deals)
Jan 23, 2011
41 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
thanks OP! worked for my wife and i. we both work for providence health care in vancouver. we just provided our employee numbers to the rep.
Apr 14, 2017
616 posts
544 upvotes
Good job ignoring the elephant in the room, i.e. LTC
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5255 posts
455 upvotes
Are you guys getting the credit applied immediately, or are they sending a request to the Backoffice Team to get this applied?
Dec 26, 2004
487 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver
wiffle wrote: Were you able to get credits immediately? Or did it take some time?
Are you on EPP now? or just a regular phone plan
They told me the credits would appear on my next monthly bill and the 10% off per month was indefinite with no end date.
Nov 6, 2019
28 posts
44 upvotes
Updated Hospital list;

• Ontario:
o University Health Network
o Unity Health Toronto (St. Michael’s Hospital, St. Joseph's Queensway and Providence Health)
o Sinai Health Systems
o Trillium Health Partners
o Toronto East Health Network (North York General Hospital and Michael Garron Hospital)
o The Ottawa Hospital

• Québec:
o Centre hospitalier de l'Université de Montréal (CHUM)
o Centre Universitaire de Santé McGill

• British Columbia:
o Fraser Health Authority
o Vancouver Coastal Health

• Alberta:
o Calgary Health Region

• Winnipeg
o Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA)
Dec 26, 2004
487 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver
wiffle wrote: Were you able to get credits immediately? Or did it take some time?
Are you on EPP now? or just a regular phone plan
I am on an EPP and have a $30 discount.
May 6, 2006
130 posts
42 upvotes
Victoria
My credit went through. Got $180 of credits.

New health authority to add to list for BC. Used chat and had to confirm work email.

Vancouver Island Health Authority

Cheers
I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic
Feb 6, 2016
455 posts
294 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
for front line workers, honestly 2 months isnt enough they deserve better
Dec 25, 2012
383 posts
332 upvotes
Ontario
Veeshmack wrote: no go for both Winnipeg hospitals I work at.

What a load of suck. Typical Rogers only cares about Toronto and Vancouver
Odd, I work at a major Winnipeg hospital and I got the 2 months free.

Got the free 2 months, but no free 10% discount. Although I was already getting 20% off ongoing through corporate discount on my main line. So can't complain.
Dec 26, 2015
358 posts
126 upvotes
Manitoba
micromen wrote: Odd, I work at a major Winnipeg hospital and I got the 2 months free.

Got the free 2 months, but no free 10% discount. Although I was already getting 20% off ongoing through corporate discount on my main line. So can't complain.
Turned out the first agent didn't know what they were doing. 2nd person I talked to sorted it out

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)