48 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC

[Rogers Wireless] Rogers Retention $10 US Roaming & Long Distance Addon

Price:
$10
Retailer:
Rogers Wireless
More offers from Rogers Wireless
So, buried in the massive rogers retentions thread was a recent mention of a $10/month addon that seems to give you unlimited roaming in the US (basically roam like home) and long-distance calling from Canada to the US!

As per usual with any cellphone deal these days YMMV but this might be helpful for most of you.

This could save you a lot of money if you're a frequent traveler who uses RLH or makes LD calls to the US.

Credit goes to Amsterdave for the original mention and to sgdnfan for confirming that they were able to add this to their account by calling in.
24 replies
Aug 10, 2018
1 posts
I got this deal a well from retention. Plus 2 extra gb of data for 2 months free
Sep 27, 2003
9457 posts
2213 upvotes
Newmarket
Wish Bell would offer this for me :(
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2339 posts
1003 upvotes
Barrie
I have this as well, got it in June. It credit back all Roam Like Home charges while traveling in the US. It's an amazing add-on, saves tons of money each month.
Aug 31, 2018
3 posts
They had it before Rogers actually. You have to ask for it.
Aug 31, 2018
3 posts
This was something I learned of just yesterday while reviewing my bill. I travel to the US daily and have mentioned this to Rogers many, many times. In the past 3 months alone they've collected $196 in roaming fees from me, yet I've spoken to them at least once a week due to a tech issue I was having and they said absolutely nothing.

Time for me to call them back again. Gonna be getting me some more account credits now that I know how long this has been an option.
Sep 11, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
Just got this as well! Can’t believe the great deal. I thought it was too good to be true.

ANyone know of any other great deals or tricks with Rogers for the Share everything plan?
Dec 25, 2017
673 posts
507 upvotes
Smokeyb42 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2018 12:47 am
This was something I learned of just yesterday while reviewing my bill. I travel to the US daily and have mentioned this to Rogers many, many times. In the past 3 months alone they've collected $196 in roaming fees from me, yet I've spoken to them at least once a week due to a tech issue I was having and they said absolutely nothing.

Time for me to call them back again. Gonna be getting me some more account credits now that I know how long this has been an option.
Why haven't you started using T-Mobile or AT&T and roam in Canada instead of using Rogers and roam into the US? It's free to roam into Canada depending on the plan...
Aug 31, 2018
3 posts
Because then I would have a US number. My friends and family would have to make an international call to contact me. Besides, I have the $10 roaming now. That's all I need.
Jan 5, 2016
24 posts
3 upvotes
Added this to my ShareEverything plan via livechat today. Thanks :)
30 GB ShareEverything plan w/ Rogers - $90/month. Shoutout to Manitoba and Saskatchewan :D
[OP]
Oct 4, 2009
218 posts
48 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
I'm glad people are finding this useful :)
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2088 posts
274 upvotes
does it include texting/pictures to us also?
Nov 10, 2011
423 posts
81 upvotes
Burnaby
So comparable to Telus Canada/USA plan? Pretty sweet!
Oct 3, 2018
1 posts
So if we travel to the US as example New York City can we make calls to other people within the New York City or the US with this plan?

With the same example can we use our existing data plan within the US ?