Kitchener

[Rogers Wireless] ROGERS Winback $50 for 15GB

Price:
$50
Retailer:
Rogers Wireless
More offers from Rogers Wireless
Hi All,

I recently cancelled with Rogers and switched over to Virgin with the promotion of $45 for 8GB for existing internet subscribers. A couple of days later I received an email that a Rogers representative would be calling me. Well a week later and I received the call today. As always, they asked me why I left and all that good stuff.

Anyways long story short, they offered me the $50/15GB plan with the usual sides. Not a bad offer and I may take it as with Virgin, the monthly plan may go up (typically after the year they hike the price). I asked them to call me back tomorrow at the same time as I wanted to think it over.

What do you guys think?
6 replies
May 6, 2020
122 posts
372 upvotes
Cornwall
Yeah this has been out for awhile. About 6 months roughly. But just because this isn’t current news doesn’t make it a bad deal. I think it’s a very good plan. Rogers and Fido sometimes give former members sweetheart deals like this to get them back. I’d take it. Only thing is I’m pretty sure they won’t let you add a device on this plan down the line. They’ll try to make you change to an in-market plan which are shittier than this one. So this is a great plan if you want to just keep buying your own device outside Rogers.
[OP]
Jun 20, 2010
136 posts
158 upvotes
Kitchener
wax888 wrote: Yeah this has been out for awhile. About 6 months roughly. But just because this isn’t current news doesn’t make it a bad deal. I think it’s a very good plan. Rogers and Fido sometimes give former members sweetheart deals like this to get them back. I’d take it. Only thing is I’m pretty sure they won’t let you add a device on this plan down the line. They’ll try to make you change to an in-market plan which are shittier than this one. So this is a great plan if you want to just keep buying your own device outside Rogers.

Thanks for the info. That is one thing I forgot to mention, the person said that the 15GB was in fact shareable with another line which is great to get a second line in. I will jump on this deal. Thanks for helping out
Mar 19, 2018
43 posts
30 upvotes
I just dont like when Rogers increases your price plans out of nowhere
Feb 28, 2020
126 posts
389 upvotes
Got this deal, been enjoying it since January-ish. One thing to look out for is typically they will charge the activation fee and credit later but won't do it until the next billing cycle. I waited, and they forgot so I had to call in to get the activation fee credited to my account. Other than that it's been a smooth sailing good deal