Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers Wireless

[Rogers] YMMV Rogers winback $45/25GB

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2022 7:24 pm
Dec 1, 2013
483 posts
204 upvotes
Did anyone have success calling Rogers Winback if they didn’t call you?

I’ve been gone for 4-5 months from a regular Rogers plan and they haven’t called (yet)
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2018
1082 posts
1622 upvotes
Montreal
j_dogg wrote: Just out of curiosity, can anyone currently on this plan confirm whether they are able to access VOLTE and Wi-Fi calling features? I was told today by someone in Rogers tech support that subscribers on this plan were excluded from these features, no exceptions. He said this includes those using official Rogers devices and those using grey-market devices otherwise permitted by Rogers for access to said features.

I'm just curious whether this is the experience for others who are currently on the plan.
Not sure how I can test this, I am technically able to check it off on my phone's Cellular Data Options.
Nov 29, 2008
164 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
kaboom987 wrote:
Not sure how I can test this, I am technically able to check it off on my phone's Cellular Data Options.
Thanks for replying. The icons at the top of your phone screen would indicate that the features are active on your phone. For iPhones, for example, if you are on WiFi calling, you'll see a "Rogers WiFi" indicator. On Android, you should see a small phone/wifi indicator.

You would also have had to go through the Rogers WiFi provisioning web page to intially activate the feature for use on your phone (assuming that you are using WiFi calling).

That said, I believe I've confirmed that subscribers on the $45/25GB plan should and do have access to WiFi and VOLTE calling, as I tested my suspicions by inserting my SIM in an old Rogers-branded iPhone 6S I used to use for work. I went through the Rogers provisioning web page and was able to activate both features. I subsequently got an email from Rogers confirming that my phone had been provisioned for wifi calling.

Now it's just a matter of haggling with tech support to get these features activated on my other phone. The tech rep I spoke to was either misinformed or wasn't being honest with me.
Oct 11, 2016
33 posts
23 upvotes
To those of you who accepted an offer from winback...

How many days did it take to receive your SIM card and agreement in the mail?
Nov 29, 2008
164 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
Alex1114 wrote: Did anyone have success calling Rogers Winback if they didn’t call you?

I’ve been gone for 4-5 months from a regular Rogers plan and they haven’t called (yet)
I did. I called them using a phone number posted somewhere near the beginning of this thread and left them a voicemail. They called me back a few days later to offer me the plan.
Nov 29, 2008
164 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
hasdeals wrote: To those of you who accepted an offer from winback...

How many days did it take to receive your SIM card and agreement in the mail?
I can't remember exactly, but I think it was about four days, give or take a day.
Nov 21, 2009
522 posts
859 upvotes
Toronto
Rogers still offers this plan in case anyone is wondering (friend got it). It is a talk and text and data plan not there "Infinite" plan so no 5G or "unlimited data" but if you do a hardware upgrade (BOYD you cannot get the credit) they can offer you up to $300 (either $100, $200, or $300) credit so just FYI on that.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2018
1082 posts
1622 upvotes
Montreal
I realized now that ive had this for a few days with a talk & text plan there's a few gripes. Downgrading from an infinite plan I've noticed that the data usage on the app updates every 12h and isn't instant. You also can't control the video streaming quality to save data on mobile (Stream Saver), nor put a Data Alert.

Still worth the price, but really feels second rate compared to Telus' equivalent winback with full 5G access, etc.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3135 posts
1133 upvotes
Winnipeg
Got called today after 6 months of being with lucky

Offered $35 a month for 6gb on byod and a $100 credit on top of that after 3 months
Sep 16, 2011
132 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
I switched from rogers epp 2 years to TELUS epp.
Any chance for me to get Winback from rogers?
Nov 29, 2008
164 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
kaboom987 wrote: I realized now that ive had this for a few days with a talk & text plan there's a few gripes. Downgrading from an infinite plan I've noticed that the data usage on the app updates every 12h and isn't instant. You also can't control the video streaming quality to save data on mobile (Stream Saver), nor put a Data Alert.

Still worth the price, but really feels second rate compared to Telus' equivalent winback with full 5G access, etc.
If you use an Android phone, you can easily monitor your mobile data usage in real-time without the need of a 3rd party app. You can also set data alerts to notify you once you've hit a certain limit (see screenshot as an example)
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2018
1082 posts
1622 upvotes
Montreal
j_dogg wrote: If you use an Android phone, you can easily monitor your mobile data usage in real-time without the need of a 3rd party app. You can also set data alerts to notify you once you've hit a certain limit (see screenshot as an example)
Thanks for taking the time to mention this! I have an iPhone but this is a really neat feature!
A month later from my original comment, I actually don't mind the data thing I'm struggling to use even half the data and im *TRYING* haha
Nov 29, 2008
164 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
kaboom987 wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to mention this! I have an iPhone but this is a really neat feature!
A month later from my original comment, I actually don't mind the data thing I'm struggling to use even half the data and im *TRYING* haha
I know what you mean! Since acquiring this plan in July, my monthly data usage has averaged around 6 GBs which is nowhere close to my 25GB max. And that's with intentional use!

Still, as they say, it's better to have and not need than to need and not have. Winking Face
Nov 29, 2008
164 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
eric4698 wrote: I switched from rogers epp 2 years to TELUS epp.
Any chance for me to get Winback from rogers?
I remember reading several posts in this forum where it was said that EPP and regular customer service sales were two different departments. That said, it's unlikely that you'll get a winback call for this plan if you were coming from a Rogers EPP plan.
Dec 15, 2017
222 posts
155 upvotes
Got a call from Rogers after leaving to Koodo two months ago.
Got $45/25GB offer + $100 credit + $50 activation credit after 2 months.
Snagged two lines, rep said they can open up to 8 lines no problem with same exact deal for each line.
Apr 7, 2014
106 posts
101 upvotes
ON
Got a call from 437-886-3315 for a winback. Is it a legit number? How can I verify?
Jun 13, 2008
665 posts
760 upvotes
Got a call the same phone number yesterday.
Left Rogers in Dec 2020.

$45 / 25GB BYOD
Or $200 Credit with device.
Also, $50 Activation credited after 2 months.

I am debating as it is 4G data only. Rep will call me back on Friday.
juniorspank wrote: Got a call from 437-886-3315 for a winback. Is it a legit number? How can I verify?
"The Real RFD'ers would avoid sweating in order to retain moisture in the body so they do not need to purchase water."
Nov 26, 2003
520 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know the number to call for Rogers winback for mobile plans? The 437 number is not in service any more.
-------------------------------------------
HEAT