Rogers Wireless

S21 + Ultra 5G phone upgrade offer $2.92 per month

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2021 3:30 pm
Mar 28, 2011
22 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
kimwoobingsu wrote: I'm convinced that these telcos are trying to push everyone to get 5g phones so that people can blaze through their legacy plans and buy new market plans with bigger data buckets.

When I first got a 5g phone I did a speed test on 5g and ended up using almost 1 gig of data.
All new phones are 5G compatible. So moot point.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4348 posts
1183 upvotes
Toronto, ON
a bit off topic but when will the new Samsung and Pixels be released? Wondering if I should hold off
May 30, 2021
253 posts
349 upvotes
honggil wrote: a bit off topic but when will the new Samsung and Pixels be released? Wondering if I should hold off
Depends buy what new Samsung's you mean. There's an unpacked event in August where they'll show the new fold, zflip, new watch and maybe the s21 FE

Google may release the pixel 6 in August (usually when the new Android is out) or even Sept or October. Apparently the pixel 5a won't be releasing in Canada
Mar 19, 2019
154 posts
99 upvotes
Quebec
I don’t understand how you think that would be a good deal. S21 ultra at Fido with 400$ upfront is 73$/month with plan. So you pay less and get to keep the phone.
Fido 30$ 15GB Unlimited / FIdo 35$ 9GB Unlimited
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6411 upvotes
jags_the1 wrote: All new phones are 5G compatible. So moot point.
Yes, but with ~$1k phones being the norm, the majority of wireless users are not currently on 5g.

Customers might have eligible plans, but high phone prices are still a barrier to widespread adoption. Eventually everyone will switch to 5g, but these companies are going to do what they can to speed up the process in order to get their ABPU as high as they can.

If you have a bigger faucet, you are gonna need a bigger bucket.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1790 posts
1696 upvotes
Keep in mind on a deal like this you are responsible for the condition of the phone. So if you smash the screen you are likely out $500 and still don't own the phone in the end.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)