Expired Hot Deals

Rogers Wireless

Targeted - Chatr to Rogers Migration $ 20 Canadawide talk & text or $40 for 4 GB data

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2021 12:36 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6284 posts
3784 upvotes
Toronto
DarkH0rse wrote: When you port to a new carrier and port out in a few days, don't they charge a minimum of one month? Or do they pro-rate to only the number of days you use the service?
Chatr should be free sim and free for one month. But yea, chatr is prepaid so they don't do any prorate. Ask fido or Rogers to give you any money in the chatr account and prorate as well.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2263 posts
1101 upvotes
Ontario
peteryorkuca wrote: Chatr should be free sim and free for one month. But yea, chatr is prepaid so they don't do any prorate. Ask fido or Rogers to give you any money in the chatr account and prorate as well.
So both Rogers and Fido offer the same $40 / 4 gb deal to Chatr customers? Is there any advantage choosing one vs. the other?
Currently happy customer with Telus and Freedom Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6284 posts
3784 upvotes
Toronto
Headbeancounter wrote: So both Rogers and Fido offer the same $40 / 4 gb deal to Chatr customers? Is there any advantage choosing one vs. the other?
Some people thinks that Rogers will raise price on plans. Others think that fido is better because it is mid tier company so they are better at keeping grandfather plans.

Edit : if you decide to go with fido, don't forget to jump hoops and try to get their $50 plan including data add-ons and $20 discount that gives you $30 per month for 24 months. Read few pages back.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3983 posts
3167 upvotes
Ottawa
With Fido you also get the 5 hrs extra data/month + 6 months of Spotify Premium. Don't know what else you'll get with Rogers on the same $40/4GB plan.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3983 posts
3167 upvotes
Ottawa
peteryorkuca wrote: Some people thinks that Rogers will raise price on plans. Others think that fido is better because it is mid tier company so they are better at keeping grandfather plans.

Edit : if you decide to go with fido, don't forget to jump hoops and try to get their $50 plan including data add-ons and $20 discount that gives you $30 per month for 24 months. Read few pages back.

I tried that with a couple of agents but none of them would budge, saying that the offer was extended from Mar 31 to Apr 3 and it has ended. The nice thing is that they are often willing to add more than one line of the promo $20 for talk+text/$40 for 4GB at the time of activation.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3797 posts
2175 upvotes
Halifax
I wonder if Rogers one number is included in these plans? Extended coverage?
Mar 3, 2008
469 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
They wouldn't wave activation fee of $25, so I did not do it. They said they were not able to and I could not escalate.

Now I remember why I left Rogers.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6284 posts
3784 upvotes
Toronto
Knaw wrote: They wouldn't wave activation fee of $25, so I did not do it. They said they were not able to and I could not escalate.

I switched my folks few weeks back to $20 plan. Told them I want the chatr balance and prorate the days when switching. There was $20 in chatr account and prepaid for a month with 2 weeks left. Got $30 credit added without any activation fee. No needed to escalate anything, just told them if they want our business, this needs to be done. Didn't ask for anything special, just being fair.
Dec 26, 2017
313 posts
191 upvotes
Pickering
Knaw wrote: They wouldn't wave activation fee of $25, so I did not do it. They said they were not able to and I could not escalate.

Its depend on who you talk to and how you explain your case
Koodo 13 GB = $40
Fido 75u = $32.5
Dec 26, 2017
313 posts
191 upvotes
Pickering
Hey Guys,

Another update for waiving the 25 activation fees,
Here is the thing, technically fido are right about 25$ activation fees, i have been told by CSR rep that if you order plan or change plan or get a phone from website then there is no fees but if you call them they will charge,
but in chatr case its different.
I called today and talk with CSr rep, idk want to say her name, i said what i type above but to make my case strong i said that for chatr to fido port there is no way we can do it on fido website and we have no choice to call
you to get this plan so i shouldnt get charge for 25 activation and plus i said i want to talk with supervisor or manager about this, She said she will do it without letting me talk to them, she did waive and i can confirm but you guys have to patience and talk nicely to CSR and they will happily waive for you...
I hope this will help you guys to save 25$ plus .13 = 28.25$ and plus owe me Tim Stip tea Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed EyesSmiling Face With Open Mouth
Koodo 13 GB = $40
Fido 75u = $32.5
Nov 13, 2017
137 posts
179 upvotes
Ontario
Once again, other than the 6 months of spotify premium and 5 hours/month of unlimited data (for the $40 and $50 plans), the fido plans include unlimited international text whereas rogers' is just Canada-wide. In addition to that, fido's generally more lenient/generous when it comes to customer service so I'd personally go with them.

Also, as part of a limited-time offer, fido alone is able give a bill credit for the $25 activation fee if you activate this before EOD tomorrow; it's not being advertised so don't go into it visibly expecting that credit and demanding it. Just be nice to the rep, tell them it was waived for your friend and you were excited to get that discount too, it's one of the reasons you picked fido over rogers, etc.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2012
1096 posts
513 upvotes
Shabby1211 wrote: Hey Guys,

Another update for waiving the 25 activation fees,
Here is the thing, technically fido are right about 25$ activation fees, i have been told by CSR rep that if you order plan or change plan or get a phone from website then there is no fees but if you call them they will charge,
but in chatr case its different.
I called today and talk with CSr rep, idk want to say her name, i said what i type above but to make my case strong i said that for chatr to fido port there is no way we can do it on fido website and we have no choice to call
you to get this plan so i shouldnt get charge for 25 activation and plus i said i want to talk with supervisor or manager about this, She said she will do it without letting me talk to them, she did waive and i can confirm but you guys have to patience and talk nicely to CSR and they will happily waive for you...
I hope this will help you guys to save 25$ plus .13 = 28.25$ and plus owe me Tim Stip tea Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed EyesSmiling Face With Open Mouth
Got the $20 Unlimited CDA TandT for parent. At least in this case as I explain the situation (elderly grandparent wishing to stay connected to grandkids across the country) rep was very amenable and setup swiftly with $25 activation credit on 2nd invoice (so we will see). We all love to buy into a good story and this is a genuine one. So don't be afraid to relate to the CSR, or rather get them to empathize with you.

That said looks like I'll be ditching Rogers Gigabit/VIP for Bell Fibe.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2263 posts
1101 upvotes
Ontario
peteryorkuca wrote: Some people thinks that Rogers will raise price on plans. Others think that fido is better because it is mid tier company so they are better at keeping grandfather plans.

Apparently when Fido had the Chatr migration plan back in 2016 ($50 4 gb plan), people were saying that Fido allowed them to order the SIM and they were supposed to call in to port the Chatr number once the Fido SIM was received / activated but some of them didn't even bother doing that, so I am wondering if Fido has changed their policy now that requires people to provide the Chatr phone / account number upfront? I appreciate hearing from those that had "migrated" to Fido recently as to whether they had a Chatr account.
Currently happy customer with Telus and Freedom Mobile
Nov 5, 2009
596 posts
237 upvotes
GTA
So neither Fido or Rogers plans offer unlimited USA calling? I have a grandfathered Mobilicity account for $35/mth, hard to let it go...
[OP]
Oct 7, 2009
736 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto
MotorN wrote: So neither Fido or Rogers plans offer unlimited USA calling? I have a grandfathered Mobilicity account for $35/mth, hard to let it go...
No, if you need US calling then better stay with your grandfathered plan.
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Nov 22, 2016
221 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
This migration plan seems applicable to even just customer who been with rogers too! Had chat today to pay my bill, also asked if i could get a phone line with chatr migration deals and i already had sim and told him will port number later. They offered $20/$40 gave a temp number and told me to port number anytime convenient for me. Activated $20 deal :)

Have to read up on the Fido deal which ppl seem to prefer over rogers idk why :/
😱-Deals!
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2699 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto
ugh, is there a koodo equivalent of any of these plans? Tried to hard to get my wife off fido so we could have HD calling. But I think 10$ a month for HD calling is a bit much (currently paying 50 for 4gb with koodo)
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5615 posts
1353 upvotes
Was pretty easy to get for me.

Called in Wednesday using the number in OP. Told they guy I had chatr and looking for migration deal. Told me the 3 options and took the $40 plan for my wife. He sent a sim which I set up Saturday. Then I chatted yesterday eith Rogers and asked about a plan for my mom. Said I had Rogers prepaid and asked about $20 plan. Rep just asked for ID to set up account and sent me a sim. They didn't ask for any phone numbers I was looking to port either. Thanks OP!
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5615 posts
1353 upvotes
DaveProductions wrote: Yes. Am with Fido.
Asked yesterday through chat. Rep said she could see any $25 charge on my account and said to contact them after bill 1 arrives.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2387 posts
845 upvotes
Toronto
Just tried and the agent over checked my account and said I could not port over until after 30 days (which is past promotion date). For those that were able to get the deal and port over within a two weeks, how are you doing it? Just luck of the draw with the agent?