Expired Hot Deals

Rogers Wireless

Targeted - Chatr to Rogers Migration $ 20 Canadawide talk & text or $40 for 4 GB data

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2021 12:36 pm
Dec 26, 2017
313 posts
191 upvotes
Pickering
Franchise10 wrote: Just tried and the agent over checked my account and said I could not port over until after 30 days (which is past promotion date). For those that were able to get the deal and port over within a two weeks, how are you doing it? Just luck of the draw with the agent?
Some Agent don't know. try calling again or live chat with another rep and you will be all good to go
Koodo 13 GB = $40
Fido 75u = $32.5
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
2298 posts
886 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Franchise10 wrote: Just tried and the agent over checked my account and said I could not port over until after 30 days (which is past promotion date). For those that were able to get the deal and port over within a two weeks, how are you doing it? Just luck of the draw with the agent?
how can the rep check if you stayed with chatr for 30 days?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8423 posts
2073 upvotes
Just argue with them saying you got the text message. I got the text message and my account is less than 30 days.
MrBigNose wrote: how can the rep check if you stayed with chatr for 30 days?
If they really wanted to check, they have access to see when the general contract was generated and the activation date is on there.
Last edited by EPcjay on Apr 9th, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Oct 7, 2009
736 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto
Try calling 1-800-575-9090 --> Option 4 --> Option 4 --> Option 1
But first make sure you have a new never used rogers SIM card in hand. Most rogers store will give you free of cost.
Post it if that works.
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Jul 22, 2012
427 posts
110 upvotes
Maple
gameon12 wrote: Got the $20 Unlimited CDA TandT for parent. At least in this case as I explain the situation (elderly grandparent wishing to stay connected to grandkids across the country) rep was very amenable and setup swiftly with $25 activation credit on 2nd invoice (so we will see). We all love to buy into a good story and this is a genuine one. So don't be afraid to relate to the CSR, or rather get them to empathize with you.

That said looks like I'll be ditching Rogers Gigabit/VIP for Bell Fibe.
I tried switching a rogers # to fido # for $20 got denied.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2012
1096 posts
513 upvotes
juvehab wrote: I tried switching a rogers # to fido # for $20 got denied.
I grabbed a free Chatr sim/plan last month. Ported that # into Rogers. No idea how YMMV anything else is.
Feb 28, 2012
276 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto, ON
juvehab wrote: I tried switching a rogers # to fido # for $20 got denied.
Same here. My dad has a rogers normal line and either rogers or fido retention doesn't give a shxt...they only have two retention plans: $45 for 1gb or $55 for 2gb.
Mar 31, 2018
18 posts
9 upvotes
Just called to fido and got the deal.

40$ for 4gb unlimited talk, text + $25 activation.
Guy didn't look into how long my chatr account was. (was picked up last week for free)
I was too lazy to argue for the activation fee waive..

At the end of the call he also offered internet?
75/10 $32 Internet, high speed Rogers cable. (50% off for a year). Just FYI.
May 28, 2016
357 posts
158 upvotes
BAEWATCH wrote:
- At Rogers, there's no option to add data to this promotional plan.
- If you leave Chatr, you won't receive Christmas time promotions. Rogers doesn't offer promotions like Chatr. Once Rogers steals you, they will keep you at $20/month. You won't able to migrate back to Chatr.
What May I ask what Christmas time promotions? never saw any.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8423 posts
2073 upvotes
I signed up with fido this afternoon and gave them an incorrect account number so the port will fail. Hoping this will get my a way to talk to porting department to port my other number in.

I also started a live chat with fido to get the 25$ activation fee waived. I started off with saying I've been a long time customer (added the chatr migration plan to an existing account) and I was wondering if he could do it as a courtesy. He said we don't do that sorry. I told him the store suggested me to try with customer service and the rep had been getting positive feedback from his customers . He said it's not something we are suppose to do sorry. I just said oh ok. Then he replies back to say however, this time I will do it for you.

The wise guy had me on a roller coaster there.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5615 posts
1353 upvotes
Tamdao wrote: Just called to fido and got the deal.

40$ for 4gb unlimited talk, text + $25 activation.
Guy didn't look into how long my chatr account was. (was picked up last week for free)
I was too lazy to argue for the activation fee waive..

At the end of the call he also offered internet?
75/10 $32 Internet, high speed Rogers cable. (50% off for a year). Just FYI.
I got offered 150u for $29.99.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1614 posts
2896 upvotes
So, I just got off the phone with Fido. Fella offered me $40 unlimited Canada wide talk/text and 4GB of data from my pre paid account. Telus offered $50 unlimited Canada wide talk/text and 2.5GB of data or $60 unlimited Canada wide talk/text and 6GB. I'm in Manitoba. Going to call Rogers tomorrow and see what they can do. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! LOL
$52 25GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan - Includes Apple Watch LTE @ NO CHARGE!
BYE BYE ROGERS!
$21.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1733 posts
1497 upvotes
Toronto
does anyone know when this migration deal ends?
Multi Millionaire in Points
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5615 posts
1353 upvotes
ChiliPalmer wrote: Yesterday. It's done. You revived a dead thread Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Any confirmation though?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1733 posts
1497 upvotes
Toronto
ChiliPalmer wrote: Yesterday. It's done. You revived a dead thread Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Aggy wrote: Any confirmation though?
Nope, spoke to CSR on chat, they dont have end for this promotion in the foreseeable future. She even recommended me to signup with Chatr and do the switch in 30 days.
Multi Millionaire in Points
Feb 28, 2018
125 posts
54 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Aggy wrote: I got offered 150u for $29.99.
I got the exact same Home Internet offer and activated the same yesterday. Although this was offered to me only with the $40 migration plan (Chatr to Rogers)!
Last edited by ronnie66 on Apr 11th, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 28, 2018
125 posts
54 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
FoMoHotDeals wrote: does anyone know when this migration deal ends?
I believe there is a website which we could check for the validity of this deal. This is not on the official Rogers website. The sales rep at Rogers store was reading from that site, which contains all the Rogers deals. I could be wrong though!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)