Expired Hot Deals

Rogers Wireless

Targeted - Chatr to Rogers Migration $ 20 Canadawide talk & text or $40 for 4 GB data

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2021 12:36 pm
Feb 28, 2018
125 posts
54 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
While activating this $40 migration deal from Chatr to Rogers, the store rep still applied the $25 activation fee. Does anyone know how I could get rid of this one-time additional fee?
Dec 11, 2013
437 posts
344 upvotes
Vancouver Island
ronnie66 wrote: While activating this $40 migration deal from Chatr to Rogers, the store rep still applied the $25 activation fee. Does anyone know how I could get rid of this one-time additional fee?
People have had success calling in and asking nicely. YMMV of course.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1733 posts
1497 upvotes
Toronto
ronnie66 wrote: I believe there is a website which we could check for the validity of this deal. This is not on the official Rogers website. The sales rep at Rogers store was reading from that site, which contains all the Rogers deals. I could be wrong though!
Nope, spoke to CSR on chat, they dont have end date for this promotion in the foreseeable future. She even recommended me to signup with Chatr and do the switch in 30 days.
Multi Millionaire in Points
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5615 posts
1353 upvotes
ronnie66 wrote: I got the exact same Home Internet offer and activated the same yesterday. Although this was offered to me only with the $40 migration plan (Chatr to Rogers)!
Yes, that's when the rep offered when I migrated to the $40 plan. DIdn't take it as I'm happy with Carrytel $35 rfd plan.
Oct 21, 2015
495 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Tamdao wrote: Just called to fido and got the deal.

40$ for 4gb unlimited talk, text + $25 activation.
Guy didn't look into how long my chatr account was. (was picked up last week for free)
I was too lazy to argue for the activation fee waive..

At the end of the call he also offered internet?
75/10 $32 Internet, high speed Rogers cable. (50% off for a year). Just FYI.
Is the fido deal still on? Is it the same requirement as Rogers? Is it a pulse plan?
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1614 posts
2896 upvotes
Rogers offered me the following as of today... and I should mention, I have a pre-paid and post paid account with Rogers. This offer has nothing to do with my pre-paid account. Loyalty department.

1. $25 Unlimited T/T Canada Wide with NO data
2. $40 Unlimited T/T Canada Wide with 2.5GB
3. $45 Unlimited T/T Canada Wide with 4GB of data.

Telus offered me the following as of today... 1 online chat

1. $50 Unlimited T/T Canada Wide with 2.5GB

Fido offered me the follow as of today.... 1 phone call to 800 number.

1. $40 Unlimited T/T Canada Wide with 4GB of data.

I am not sure how everyone here has been able to use their online chat. It says I have to register to use their chat service. Eh. I will have some thinking to do over the next few days....
$52 25GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan - Includes Apple Watch LTE @ NO CHARGE!
BYE BYE ROGERS!
$21.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.
Sep 23, 2008
861 posts
619 upvotes
I was following this thread for awhile, but it got ahead of me. Is the Chatr free sim + month promo (at Walmart only?) still available?
Selling:
My Soul -- PM Me
Sep 16, 2012
714 posts
568 upvotes
GTA/London
Wet Banana wrote: I was following this thread for awhile, but it got ahead of me. Is the Chatr free sim + month promo (at Walmart only?) still available?
No. Wasn't at Walmart only either.
Nov 29, 2016
46 posts
11 upvotes
I just spoke with customer service via chat and they told me there's no such plan anymore. He told me it's not showing up in his system so most likely the promo has expired.

He also told me to "stay tuned" as there will be similar promos in the future but when I asked he said he has no idea when
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8423 posts
2073 upvotes
Wet Banana wrote: I was following this thread for awhile, but it got ahead of me. Is the Chatr free sim + month promo (at Walmart only?) still available?
You are also in the wrong thread. There was a separate thread for that promo
Jan 27, 2007
989 posts
1053 upvotes
KenAdams wrote: I am not sure how everyone here has been able to use their online chat. It says I have to register to use their chat service. Eh. I will have some thinking to do over the next few days....
On the contact us page, https://www.fido.ca/consumer/contact-us , click on "Signing up with Fido", then scroll down to "Shop Via Live chat", and click on "Live chat". This way, you don't need an online account.
Jan 27, 2007
989 posts
1053 upvotes
New offer from Rogers for Chatr customers. I didn't check details, just received the email. Expires Apr 30, 2018.

unnamed.jpg
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3636 posts
7107 upvotes
Zaptor99 wrote: New offer from Rogers for Chatr customers. I didn't check details, just received the email. Expires Apr 30, 2018.

unnamed.jpg
The plans are $25, $45 and $55 now. Same plans, just went up by $5, but still better than majority of in market offers. Technically you don’t even need to be a Fido/Rogers prepaid customers for 30 days. When they run the credit check, all the plans show up even before the port-in process so you can easily just say you’ve been with Fido/rogers prepaid for 30 days if you go to BB/WM/WoW
Public Mobile customer
Jan 27, 2007
989 posts
1053 upvotes
Naveedx wrote: The plans are $25, $45 and $55 now. Same plans, just went up by $5, but still better than majority of in market offers. Technically you don’t even need to be a Fido/Rogers prepaid customers for 30 days. When they run the credit check, all the plans show up even before the port-in process so you can easily just say you’ve been with Fido/rogers prepaid for 30 days if you go to BB/WM/WoW
Thanks. Do you have any info on new plans from Fido for Chatr customers? I believe the last ones expired Apr 3/10.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3636 posts
7107 upvotes
Zaptor99 wrote: Thanks. Do you have any info on new plans from Fido for Chatr customers? I believe the last ones expired Apr 3/10.
It’s the same 25/45/55 plans. When porting from Chatr though, it shows the day you activated on your account cause WOW and WM can check that (cant check Fido/Rogers prepaid though)
So if you’re trying to activate and port the same or next day from Chatr to one of the migration plans, you might get denied. BB doesn’t have the system to check Chatr though, so it’ll be easier to do it there
Public Mobile customer
Apr 2, 2013
766 posts
796 upvotes
Barrie
I actually had an awesome rep work with me to get my entire family (not with Chatr) get this deal. My sister was a little late and had to deal with the $5 rate hike but it was far better than anyone had had before.
YMMV but if you get a good rep, they can do it for you. Had 6 people change to this deal which was fantastic.
Jan 27, 2007
989 posts
1053 upvotes
Naveedx wrote: It’s the same 25/45/55 plans. When porting from Chatr though, it shows the day you activated on your account cause WOW and WM can check that (cant check Fido/Rogers prepaid though)
So if you’re trying to activate and port the same or next day from Chatr to one of the migration plans, you might get denied. BB doesn’t have the system to check Chatr though, so it’ll be easier to do it there
Ok thanks. I have 7 more days till I hit 30 days with Chatr :)
Nov 23, 2017
336 posts
126 upvotes
So this is no where as good as fido
Fido is $40 5GB and you get a free phone
Jan 20, 2012
554 posts
488 upvotes
LONDON
V12izm wrote: So this is no where as good as fido
Fido is $40 5GB and you get a free phone
That offer is targeted to customers on Fido that don’t spend more than a certain amount on their bills. You can’t do a comparison with that to this plan just for that reason alone. It’s targeted and hardly anyone can take advantage.

It’s not a bad deal by any means, and this plan anybody can get it with some effort on their part.
Please do not PM me with requests for assistance, unless I PM you first, or if I give you permission to. That's what the forums are for!
Sep 8, 2013
92 posts
28 upvotes
Montreal
Zaptor99 wrote: Ok thanks. I have 7 more days till I hit 30 days with Chatr :)
I got a new Chatr sim-card, picked myself cool number and migrated it to the $20 Rogers plan 1 week later. The only problem is that I had to switch from the temporary number to my cool Chatr number via Rogera live chat. The rep wasn't able to do it in spot.