Expired Hot Deals

Rogers Wireless

Targeted - Chatr to Rogers Migration $ 20 Canadawide talk & text or $40 for 4 GB data

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2021 12:36 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4857 posts
4522 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Certainly with my experience, neither Rogers or Fido check 30 day minimum on Chatr account.
I need ammunition, not a ride.

©Zelensky 2022
Jan 27, 2007
989 posts
1053 upvotes
Are migration plans offered at Fido stores, or only can be done online/phone?
Jan 27, 2007
989 posts
1053 upvotes
Question, if I port from Chatr to Fido or any other provider, then later I want to port back to Chatr, can I use the same Chatr sim card, or do I have to pay again for new one?
Dec 26, 2017
313 posts
191 upvotes
Pickering
Zaptor99 wrote: Question, if I port from Chatr to Fido or any other provider, then later I want to port back to Chatr, can I use the same Chatr sim card, or do I have to pay again for new one?
Once sim is used, it cant be reuse. you have to get new sim
Koodo 13 GB = $40
Fido 75u = $32.5
Jan 21, 2011
119 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
Can they beat my $25 unlimited talk / text / data (6gb before throttling) plan at chatr that was grandfathered from mobilicity?
Oct 5, 2017
478 posts
162 upvotes
jasoncdu wrote: Can they beat my $25 unlimited talk / text / data (6gb before throttling) plan at chatr that was grandfathered from mobilicity?
Nah, keep that.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1802 posts
2085 upvotes
Is this still going ? I'm on chatr and looking at a new good deal. This seems decent too.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4857 posts
4522 upvotes
No Bum Deals
jasoncdu wrote: Can they beat my $25 unlimited talk / text / data (6gb before throttling) plan at chatr that was grandfathered from mobilicity?
Now you're just showing off lol.
I need ammunition, not a ride.

©Zelensky 2022
Feb 5, 2017
54 posts
21 upvotes
I have two lines still activated on this 6gb $25/mth. Still the best out there.
Aug 8, 2012
166 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
RichieRich08 wrote: I have two lines still activated on this 6gb $25/mth. Still the best out there.
I had that Chatr plan as well but ported over to Fido for the $30/4gb plan that's good for 24 months. Once the discount finishes, 5G speeds will be released so I should be able to find another LTE plan for a discounted price again. Chatr throttles their data speed to 2.5-3 mb/s, and the data cuts off quite frequently. I figured there's no point having 6gb per month when I can rarely get through half of it. The plan being zoned was pretty annoying as well (can't make calls or use the data when you're travelling in a rural area)
Jan 27, 2007
989 posts
1053 upvotes
If I don't auto pay or top up my chatr plan, what happens to my phone number? Do I lose it, or will I have it till I decide to port it out?
Jun 2, 2010
681 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
Zaptor99 wrote: If I don't auto pay or top up my chatr plan, what happens to my phone number? Do I lose it, or will I have it till I decide to port it out?
If you don’t top up your Chatr plan for six months then you lose it. That’s what Chatr told me. And I believe it showed the deadline in my Chatr account details when I didn’t pay for a few months.
TELUS: Unlimited 25 $37.50/25GB x 2 (50 GB pooled data)
AT&T Prepaid Unlimited Plus: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, ?? GB data
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2699 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto
I just wanted to add I had to jump though hoops to finally get the migration plan.

I got a text from my chatr line indicating I qualified for the 40$/4gb plan from Rogers. The chatr line was only 10 days old. I went to the fido store to ask them if they can do it cause they offered pulse features on top. So she was able setup the plan on Fido. She did notice my account was less than 30 days old, and I told her well I got the text, and no where in the text does it say I need to be 30 days active. She proceed with the activation.

So here's the thing, I wanted to get another phone number into the account. I tried calling into customer service and they ran into all sorts of problems trying to port another number on top of the already ported chatr number. I spend literally hours on the phone and some agents were questioning about why I brought a chatr number over, and now I want to port in another? Anyways, I was losing hope cause they said no can do, we would have to create a new account and this plan isn't available. I asked what if I waited until next billing cycle? He couldnt answer, though he said I could try.

I waited until the next billing cycle to port the number in, and it worked.
Mar 29, 2011
3 posts
1 upvote
Surrey
KenAdams wrote: Rogers offered me the following as of today... and I should mention, I have a pre-paid and post paid account with Rogers. This offer has nothing to do with my pre-paid account. Loyalty department.

1. $25 Unlimited T/T Canada Wide with NO data
2. $40 Unlimited T/T Canada Wide with 2.5GB
3. $45 Unlimited T/T Canada Wide with 4GB of data.

Telus offered me the following as of today... 1 online chat

1. $50 Unlimited T/T Canada Wide with 2.5GB

Fido offered me the follow as of today.... 1 phone call to 800 number.

1. $40 Unlimited T/T Canada Wide with 4GB of data.

I am not sure how everyone here has been able to use their online chat. It says I have to register to use their chat service. Eh. I will have some thinking to do over the next few days....
I'm currently a postpaid customer with Rogers. So I don't get it, you just called them up and they offered you these amazing plans?
Feb 29, 2012
501 posts
189 upvotes
I've seen the first and third plans offered at PC mobile in superstore (at least in AB)
If you have a chatr/rogers prepaid then there is an extra $5 off per month for 2 years.
Jan 1, 2018
603 posts
765 upvotes
Got the 20 dollar plan and I will couple it with the 15 dollar Fido tablet plan (just got the 100% rebate for 12 months)....I drastically reduced my bill FINALLY!
Ahh the feeling I get when I've saved some money...more money for the more important things!
Dec 5, 2011
57 posts
19 upvotes
Mississauga
chardo wrote: Got the 20 dollar plan and I will couple it with the 15 dollar Fido tablet plan (just got the 100% rebate for 12 months)....I drastically reduced my bill FINALLY!

Did you sign up today? If so how did you get the $20 plan. I signed up today aswell and they put me on the $25 plan. The rep mentioned the plan rate increased.
Dec 23, 2010
281 posts
262 upvotes
Ottawa
How much is the $20 (or $25) plan after fees and taxes?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)