Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers Wireless

Targeted - Chatr to Rogers Migration $ 20 Canadawide talk & text or $40 for 4 GB data

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2021 12:36 pm
Aug 10, 2001
954 posts
221 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
If you get one of these plans with a 30 day old chatr plan, can you port in another number to replace the one that came with the chatr pre-paid one? Or are you stuck with the chatr number?
Jan 1, 2018
635 posts
840 upvotes
lexmark1 wrote: Did you sign up today? If so how did you get the $20 plan. I signed up today aswell and they put me on the $25 plan. The rep mentioned the plan rate increased.

No I signed up earlier when the promo was first announced.
Ahh the feeling I get when I've saved some money...more money for the more important things!
Aug 10, 2001
954 posts
221 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
pennysaver wrote: If you get one of these plans with a 30 day old chatr plan, can you port in another number to replace the one that came with the chatr pre-paid one? Or are you stuck with the chatr number?
anyone able to answer?
Dec 26, 2017
333 posts
196 upvotes
Pickering
pennysaver wrote: anyone able to answer?
did you already made the switch??? if yes then so far idk if someonw did it. just call them and tell them you want to use another number on it. will you loose the plan. plus if you didnt made the switch yet then port other number on chatr and then made the switch
Koodo 13 GB = $40
Fido 75u = $32.5
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8103 upvotes
Apparently you have to wait for the second billing cycle and then they can do it. I'm not 100% certain about that though. That's just hearsay from what one person said on here.
Aug 24, 2014
103 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I ported my numbers from different providers to Rogers and Fido after getting chatr migration plan.
No issues..
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
3032 posts
1083 upvotes
Mississauga
jasoncdu wrote: Can they beat my $25 unlimited talk / text / data (6gb before throttling) plan at chatr that was grandfathered from mobilicity?
How come you got $25 for that plan, even I have the sample plan grandfathered from mobilicity but its $35/month. Did you get any additional monthly recurring credit to bring down to $25?
I have the following plan for $35..please let me know if its the same or different for you

Unlimited in-zone Canada/US-wide Talk
• Unlimited in-zone International Text/MMS
•6 GB at 3G speed
•International Talk Saver
•Voicemail
•30 minutes of Canada/US-wide Voice Roaming
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
mkannuri wrote: How come you got $25 for that plan, even I have the sample plan grandfathered from mobilicity but its $35/month. Did you get any additional monthly recurring credit to bring down to $25?
I have the following plan for $35..please let me know if its the same or different for you

•6 GB at 3G speed
•Voicemail
$25 deal was a boxing week special 2-3 years back for one day. Some of us got on it. I have it as well. This was right after Mobi was acquired by Chatr.

It's $15+$10 for data.
Apr 24, 2007
12 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
sirisak wrote: when i chat online, they are denying me to give $5 discount on $45 migration plan....where did you see this flyer or image ?
Talked to Rogers, couldn't get an additional $5 discount either even with porting my existing number
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
3032 posts
1083 upvotes
Mississauga
weedb0y wrote: $25 deal was a boxing week special 2-3 years back for one day. Some of us got on it. I have it as well. This was right after Mobi was acquired by Chatr.

It's $15+$10 for data.
So is this $25 deal has the same features as below ?
•6 GB at 3G speed
•Voicemail
Jan 18, 2018
473 posts
564 upvotes
Pretty sure the mobilicity/chatr $25 plan is slightly different. What you listed is the $30 plan (that got raised to $35 by chatr).
I think the $25 plan is the same, but with only province-wide calling. And I don't think its International text, maybe just NA text?
Also don't think it had the 30 minutes voice roaming.

Initially (when on mobilicity) it didn't have the voicemail either, but that got added when moved to chatr.

Not sure about the international talk saver thing.
Jan 18, 2018
473 posts
564 upvotes
About this original deal in this thread (or at least the modified deal of $30 for 4gb for 24months, aka the Shabby plan for Fido).

Did anyone get the $20/$5 discounts yet? I think the word was that the discounts would start after the 2nd bill or so? If anyone got them, were they retroactive for the previous billing cycles, or does it start now for the following 24 months?
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
a2younis wrote: Pretty sure the mobilicity/chatr $25 plan is slightly different. What you listed is the $30 plan (that got raised to $35 by chatr).
I think the $25 plan is the same, but with only province-wide calling. And I don't think its International text, maybe just NA text?
Also don't think it had the 30 minutes voice roaming.

Initially (when on mobilicity) it didn't have the voicemail either, but that got added when moved to chatr.

Not sure about the international talk saver thing.
You are correct. No 30 mins of roaming, only province wide calls, International texting is there but dont use it due to whatsapp, fb messenger etc.
Dec 26, 2017
333 posts
196 upvotes
Pickering
a2younis wrote: About this original deal in this thread (or at least the modified deal of $30 for 4gb for 24months, aka the Shabby plan for Fido).

Did anyone get the $20/$5 discounts yet? I think the word was that the discounts would start after the 2nd bill or so? If anyone got them, were they retroactive for the previous billing cycles, or does it start now for the following 24 months?
Hey lol
i got something different happen from 2nd bill and i got everything settle down now, I am happy
Koodo 13 GB = $40
Fido 75u = $32.5
Feb 29, 2012
792 posts
356 upvotes
sirisak wrote: when i chat online, they are denying me to give $5 discount on $45 migration plan....where did you see this flyer or image ?
Superstore in southeast Calgary
May 28, 2016
391 posts
185 upvotes
How do you get this? do you call rogers or chat?
And cost of sim card? Free mailed to you?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4401 posts
10674 upvotes
How it’s supposed to work is either a $5 discount on IN MARKET plan or choose a migration plan and pay the 25/45/55
Public Mobile customer

$17.95 + 6.95 SAF
100 postal code wide minutes
unlimited texts
0GB data
Mar 5, 2014
198 posts
261 upvotes
Vancouver
jasoncdu wrote: Can they beat my $25 unlimited talk / text / data (6gb before throttling) plan at chatr that was grandfathered from mobilicity?
I just got a call asking me to change to Rogers to get this Canada wide but only 250mb before throttling. Wondering if anyone else has accepted?
Oct 21, 2020
170 posts
24 upvotes
Sorry to revive this thread but couldn’t find answer in this thread.

All of you who are on Rogers Talk & Text only plan for $20/25 with no data, are you able to use wifi calling & VOLTE? Please quote my post when replying so I would get alert. Thanks
Unlimited Dom. & Intl. Talk, Text & Data

Contact me if you have either of the following plans:
  1. Freedom’s Nationwide Talk & Text Only - $25/year

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)