Expired Hot Deals

Rogers Wireless

Targeted free 5GB addon (24 months) - YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2021 8:11 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 16, 2020
42 posts
51 upvotes

[Rogers Wireless] Targeted free 5GB addon (24 months) - YMMV

Retailer:
Rogers Wireless
More offers from Rogers Wireless
Got a text message from Rogers today for a free 5GB addon. I'm already on a $45 25GB a month BYOD plan. Check your account, I just needed to log in and accept the offer.

Obviously huge YMMV
rog.JPG
19 replies
Sr. Member
Sep 19, 2005
758 posts
769 upvotes
how do i get on the $45 for 25GB plan? lol
Newbie
Mar 9, 2009
65 posts
79 upvotes
Ottawa
madknife wrote: how do i get on the $45 for 25GB plan? lol
Leave Rogers, and wait for the windback center to call back and offer you the deal.
Sr. Member
Sep 19, 2005
758 posts
769 upvotes
Afro Thunder wrote: Leave Rogers, and wait for the windback center to call back and offer you the deal.
actually I did just leave rogers early last year... no one ever called me back though :(
Jr. Member
Mar 15, 2016
169 posts
227 upvotes
Oakville, ON
$45 for 30 gb. must be nice. I am still on $75 for 15 gb
Member
Dec 19, 2012
331 posts
151 upvotes
I actually got this text as well
Jr. Member
Oct 25, 2013
148 posts
243 upvotes
if you not financing a phone rogers has a promo you might be able to get. $80 for 30gb from what their site says
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
79 posts
97 upvotes
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote: I'll let out thier secret.

extra 5 gb costs 5 cents to Rogers. but it will make the user trained to use more data. and thus go over even more.

the money maker is overage fees. 90% of people do not put limits on the phone even though they know how to.

hot deal? no. use 480 p in YouTube. normal 2 hr browsing a day on avg does not require more than 6 to10 gb per month.
anything excess is leisure.
over usage fees will kill you. going over in 480p is 1gb extra going over in 1080p..... Hope you know some good lawyers otherwise one day ur kid will watch 4k content and Ull get a bill for $436.23 plus tax for a 50 dollar plan . true story. been burnt. never robbers.
So your failure to educate your child and your failure to add a data block preventing said child from watching YouTube on their phone is Rogers' fault?
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
79 posts
97 upvotes
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote: No, unethical business strategy is what I am talking about . look at Koodo, Telus etc.
it's like American Express credit card's over the limit fees where they set ur credit so low that unless u keep monitoring very frequently, you will hit the limit which is when they charge you $28 for going over the limit.
20 % people think like you, and the rest 80% suffer.
Okay Mr Self Important.

I'm guessing you're not really big on the concept of personal responsibility. People like you who blame others for your own failings make me laugh, you're what's wrong with our society.
Sr. Member
Sep 17, 2007
882 posts
732 upvotes
Toronto
piperzoe wrote: Okay Mr Self Important.

I'm guessing you're not really big on the concept of personal responsibility. People like you who blame others for your own failings make me laugh, you're what's wrong with our society.
Exactly what Rogers say to their customer who complaints why they were sent a 700 dollar bill. Face With Rolling EyesWinking Face
Sr. Member
Aug 3, 2019
693 posts
428 upvotes
Montreal
I got the text on my business account and im not on the plan OP mentioned
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
79 posts
97 upvotes
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote: Exactly what Rogers say to their customer who complaints why they were sent a 700 dollar bill. Face With Rolling EyesWinking Face
This is your fault, not Rogers own it and stop whining!
Sr. Member
Jul 26, 2011
652 posts
182 upvotes
kenvin100 wrote: who is that?
Not sure if I'm allowed to post links but it's that kijiji reseller . I'm not sure which carrier his 25gb plan is on. His website makes you contact him or fill out a wait list
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
2249 posts
820 upvotes
Dontknowme wrote: Not sure if I'm allowed to post links but it's that kijiji reseller . I'm not sure which carrier his 25gb plan is on. His website makes you contact him or fill out a wait list
oh okay. I still have the 20 + 5gb with Rogers for $50 so I'm good. SIgh-its so sad how we need to hop barriers for semi decent deals.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 7, 2020
535 posts
434 upvotes
Guys which plan would you prefer based on your experience and liking
Rogers: 45/25gb 4G only
Telus: 55/20gb 5G
Koodo: 50/20gb 4G only

Top