Rogers Wireless

YMMV Rogers Share Everything $45/$50 25GB No Tab Plan

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2021 3:55 pm
Banned
Aug 11, 2018
996 posts
926 upvotes
For the people that are getting the $45/25gb plan, were you on an in market plan before leaving or corporate?

I want to give this a shot but just wondering if I can go from my EPP -> this as a winback.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1845 posts
2399 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Plan switched over today; interesting enough, I still have the 10GB of bonus data that I got with my $50/15GB plan.
952E6014-B21C-4729-9E7F-DFB7ED736CCA.jpeg
Mar 24, 2021
2 posts
Please private message me as well. Been with Rogers years ago but the online chat will not give me this offer.
Mar 24, 2021
2 posts
Can you give the particulars as to how you did it? Were you already with Rogers and ported out recently? I was with Rogers years ago and they won't offer me this plan.
Nov 29, 2008
109 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
idontwantausername wrote: For the people that are getting the $45/25gb plan, were you on an in market plan before leaving or corporate?

I want to give this a shot but just wondering if I can go from my EPP -> this as a winback.
I got this plan with a Rogers winback team associate over the weekend. I'm coming from an EPP (Telus). If you're aiming to move from a Rogers EPP to a Rogers winback plan, I don't think it will work as their target is to win back people who have left Rogers for another carrier.
Banned
Aug 11, 2018
996 posts
926 upvotes
j_dogg wrote: I got this plan with a Rogers winback team associate over the weekend. I'm coming from an EPP (Telus). If you're aiming to move from a Rogers EPP to a Rogers winback plan, I don't think it will work as their target is to win back people who have left Rogers for another carrier.
I understand but what I mean is what was peoples original plan... were they EPP or market?

EPP > another carrier > win back

Or

Market plan > another carrier > win back
Nov 29, 2008
109 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Gotcha. Well, for me, it was the former. I'm currently on a Telus EPP in the process of coming back to Rogers (I'm just waiting for my Rogers SIM card to arrive in the mail to start my new plan). Prior to moving to the Telus EPP, I was on a special Rogers BYOD plan ($50/15GB).

Hope that answers your question.
May 14, 2017
168 posts
59 upvotes
idontwantausername wrote: I understand but what I mean is what was peoples original plan... were they EPP or market?

EPP > another carrier > win back

Or

Market plan > another carrier > win back
if you wan 5G, EPP.
if you only care about price, then winback.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3817 posts
108 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Wow, lot of costumers here. Must be a lotta RFD'ers working for theaters.
Dec 8, 2008
293 posts
55 upvotes
Would switch from Koodo if there are reps who can hook this up. Send me a PM.
May 14, 2017
168 posts
59 upvotes
idontwantausername wrote: still doesn't answer my question..
opps, sorry that I did not read your previous comments, assuming that you were just asking for comparison.

To get the winback (the $45/25G), it does not matter if you were regular Rogers plan, nor you were Rogers EPP.
As long as you port out to another provider that is not Fido, they will contact you, assuming you were with Rogers for sometime ( heard people who were with them for couple weeks were not on the call list).
Dec 12, 2004
514 posts
313 upvotes
Tried the online chat with no luck. For those that have ported out from Rogers to another provider how long does the process take until you are back with Rogers again on the new plan?

Say you port from Rogers to Telus. How long would you be on Telus before getting the call and porting back to Rogers once you get the call from the Winback team with this offer? If you set the cancellation date with Rogers to 3 weeks out is there any chance you might be able to get the winback call before the 3 weeks are up and not even have to leave?
Banned
Aug 11, 2018
996 posts
926 upvotes
SenLuoo wrote: opps, sorry that I did not read your previous comments, assuming that you were just asking for comparison.

To get the winback (the $45/25G), it does not matter if you were regular Rogers plan, nor you were Rogers EPP.
As long as you port out to another provider that is not Fido, they will contact you, assuming you were with Rogers for sometime ( heard people who were with them for couple weeks were not on the call list).
gotcha. thanks!

i may give it a shot soon or just wait for the contract to end at the end of the year. i'm on epp $77/20gb with $200 device tab (or whatever it's called) left.. may try to switch to public or something and then hope for a call back.
Dec 26, 2012
997 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
Ported to bell, rogers winback called and offered 25gb for $45. Not 5G or unlimited like bell's $65 30gb plan but happy to save $20/month.
Jul 12, 2018
126 posts
236 upvotes
Etobicoke
Nobody can private msg you and give u the offer.
Only winbacl team after you leave can give you that offer.
Not even the Office of the President can give you that offer.
It's done by winbacl and only winback., Nobody else can do it.
There is no point asking for anyone to hook you up or PM you as nobody but winback has the offer....and only if you ported out from Rogers. If you did and no offer, then you can always call winback and ask. Google it and you'll find the number for Rogers Winback.
I'm not even sure the Rogers Ambassador team can offer this price.

If you want this offer, port out to Telus from Rogers, and winback will call you.

Good Luck
AP
Banned
Dec 31, 2020
40 posts
112 upvotes
ArtP26 wrote: Nobody can private msg you and give u the offer.
Only winbacl team after you leave can give you that offer.
Not even the Office of the President can give you that offer.
It's done by winbacl and only winback., Nobody else can do it.
There is no point asking for anyone to hook you up or PM you as nobody but winback has the offer....and only if you ported out from Rogers. If you did and no offer, then you can always call winback and ask. Google it and you'll find the number for Rogers Winback.
I'm not even sure the Rogers Ambassador team can offer this price.

If you want this offer, port out to Telus from Rogers, and winback will call you.

Good Luck
I was able to get it from the Rogers online chat.
Jul 22, 2006
542 posts
939 upvotes
I got mine in November of 2020. Contract was done and phone paid off. Somehow they put me on the $45/25 GB plan with the ability to get new phone financing which I took advantage of with Boxing Week deals. I went from an EPP plan that gave me 8 GB for $48. The move to this plan was a no brainer. I didn't have to leave and come back to get this offer.
Nov 29, 2008
109 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
turbov6 wrote: Tried the online chat with no luck. For those that have ported out from Rogers to another provider how long does the process take until you are back with Rogers again on the new plan?

Say you port from Rogers to Telus. How long would you be on Telus before getting the call and porting back to Rogers once you get the call from the Winback team with this offer? If you set the cancellation date with Rogers to 3 weeks out is there any chance you might be able to get the winback call before the 3 weeks are up and not even have to leave?
There's no specific time frame for when (or if) you'll get a callback from the winback team. It will vary with each individual. The deciding factor on whether you'll get a callback is if they have you on their winback list. In my case, I was the one who initiated the call with Rogers as an inquiry on potential winback plans. I just happened to be on their winback list already. I'm a BYOD "free agent" and I'm always looking to maximize my hard-earned dollars by finding phone plans with the most value at the lowest possible price.

That said, as far as your suggested strategy goes, I'm not sure I would preemptively set a cancellation date in anticipation of a callback, as there's no guarantee that you'll get a callback for the time frame you're setting.

To me, the better strategy would be to do some homework by researching the RFD forums and also check out what other carriers are offering and make the switch to the best plan you can get based on what's available. Then wait. It's likely you'll get a callback eventually but again, there's no guarantee that you will get one right away. Or, you can initiate the call yourself after you've made the switch and try your luck, which is what I did.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)