• Feb 26th, 2020 6:11 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 25, 2020
1 posts

Rogers World Elite MasterCard Dispute

Time with Rogers Bank: Aug 2019 - Feb 2020

I am a recent Scotia Bank customer who just transferred all my credit card bills to Rogers Bank. I paid all statement balance in full each month under preauthorized payment. I spent about $5,000-$10,000 each month on the Rogers World Elite Mastercard. Anyways, please allow me to explain why I CLOSED the credit card.

I recently opened a new ScotiaBank account and transferred all my balance to the new account. I immediately sent a copy of the preauthorized void cheque form to the corresponding department for processing. (Dec. 07 2019) I got a response back from the department stating that they will get back to me soon. However, I did not receive any phone call or email confirmation until Jan 15 2020. I ended up paying my credit card bills late because the Rogers Bank System took the money out from the old bank account which is already been closed. I called in again to talk to the customer service representative under name: Josci and she explained to me that everything is taking cared of. All I need to do right now is to pay off the balance for the current statement. So, 3 statements from now, I am receiving 'purchase interest' for the amount Jan 17 $185.76, Feb 19 $79.52 and March xxx. (March interest will be post for the next month statement). 

The case finally get escalated all the way to the manager level under name: Oses at Feb 26 2020 1:00PM. He called me and explained that it was my fault that I did not answer the call on Jan 17. Therefore, I am responsible to pay all the purchase interest. I asked him whether the department had any prove of sending an email or phone call confirming the preauthorized void cheque which was sent out Dec 6 2019 was incorrect and I (Yu Bo B Han) should send in another one again? The answer I got from Oses was that the department did not take any action on email but they did call me on Jan 17 and left a message. 

I cannot receive any voice message because I was away to China from Jan 17 to Jan 29. But I can certainly check my email from the other side of the world. First of all, the department did not process the preauthroized void cheque within 25-business day and did not send me any confirmation whether the email I sent out is incorrect. Rather, I got a call from the department on Jan 17 2020, which is way over the 25-business day limit! Aside from that, the customer service person: Josci told me false information which led me to believe as long as I paid the current balance everything is going to be fine. 

All in all, I am still happy with Rogers Bank. It is a small miscommunication that leads to this end. I would continue to use Rogers Bank credit card and certainly recommend to my friends and family as long as my concerns are taking care of.