• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 12:16 pm
[OP]
Nov 12, 2012
486 posts
476 upvotes
Mississauga

[Rogers] YALE and WEISER Smart door locks 50% off $124.99 and $99.99

ROGERS Smart home monitoring has 50% off on smart door locks.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/smart ... s-new#tab2

you can order them even if you are not a customer. I selected option existing customer, but it did not ask me for login. just entered shipping and payment details. Got the lock today. took 2 weeks.

yale website: https://www.yale2you.com/Products/Keyle ... Alone.aspx

YRD220 Touchscreen Deadbolt Stand Alone Model# YRD220-NR-619

This is $124.99 was $249.99

Description
Yale Real Living™ Keyless Entry Locks, the next generation of electronic residential locks from Yale, provide versatility and convenient access.

Easy to Use, Install, & Program
Voice-guided programming feature so you never have to search for an instruction manual.
Weather resistant durable touchscreen
Interference alarms for tamper and wrong code attempts.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/wei ... 27482.aspx

This is $99.99 was $199.99

Keyless entry deadbolt allows you to assign a temporary code to whoever needs one and delete it when no longer needed
Eliminates the need for keys
Easy to install, program and use
16-user code capacity to accommodate a large household as well as guests
Complements any Wesier knob, lever or handle set
Uses four AA batteries (sold separately)

Not sure BB can PM for ROGERS SHM for WEISER LOCK.
277 replies
May 19, 2010
156 posts
130 upvotes
St John's
Ordered a weiser so I can rekey to match my others. Thanks op! Here's to hoping they don't try to setup a contract.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
1484 posts
577 upvotes
These are simply keyless entry.. Correct? How are these SMART locks if it doesn't connect to an app or central hub?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1350 posts
347 upvotes
Ottawa
majikstic wrote: These are simply keyless entry.. Correct? How are these SMART locks if it doesn't connect to an app or central hub?
You have to be SMART to push the right buttons...instead of rotating the key :D
I thought the same...that they can be controlled remotely.
To be or not to be...where is the question?
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1656 posts
942 upvotes
Yale Real Living YRD220 Touchscreen Deadbolt Hack / Insecurity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0jLCrWBA-M

From what I remember, the Weiser one is also insecure. I tried googling it but there were too many other locks listed.
I'll Keep It Short and Sweet. Family, Religion, Friendship ... These Are the Three Demons You Must Slay if You Wish to Succeed in Business
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2022 posts
1389 upvotes
Hamilton
kennyt18 wrote: Yale Real Living YRD220 Touchscreen Deadbolt Hack / Insecurity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0jLCrWBA-M

From what I remember, the Weiser one is also insecure. I tried googling it but there were too many other locks listed.
Unfortunately im of the mind that if someone wants to get into your house, they will. The good thing about having this lock with smart home monitoring, is that if they choose to enter this way the alarm will be going off in about 2 seconds.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13866 posts
5440 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can these be controlled using something other than the Rogers Smart Home Monitoring service (besides keying in the PIN or using a physical key)? I'm on the Powerstream REM pilot program so from what I understand I get to keep the Rogers Touchpad at the end of the trial for free. In the event I don't continue with the Rogers Smart Home Monitoring service, can I still use the Touchpad to control these key locks from inside the house? or use an iPhone to lock & unlock them if we are on the same wifi network?
Oct 4, 2009
44 posts
17 upvotes
London
rvs007 wrote: Can these be controlled using something other than the Rogers Smart Home Monitoring service (besides keying in the PIN or using a physical key)? I'm on the Powerstream REM pilot program so from what I understand I get to keep the Rogers Touchpad at the end of the trial for free. In the event I don't continue with the Rogers Smart Home Monitoring service, can I still use the Touchpad to control these key locks from inside the house? or use an iPhone to lock & unlock them if we are on the same wifi network?
These units use zigbee wireless, so if you can find something that can pair with it great but zigbee compared to zwave is a more closed protocol while zwave has more generic protocols that may work with more smart systems. As for being able to use the Rogers smart home monitoring touchpad without any service to it at all, I believe that the unit says "suspended" and you cannot use the touchpad.
Sep 25, 2013
177 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
nfnx wrote: sweet!! just returned my august last week and was looking for an alternative. this is a solidddd!
If u dont mind me asking...why did u retun august lock...I was thinking about purchasing august lock
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5136 posts
2082 upvotes
gonna try and PM this at HD/Lowes/Rona, will report back on my success/failure.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
5204 posts
4313 upvotes
Ottawa
rvs007 wrote: Can these be controlled using something other than the Rogers Smart Home Monitoring service (besides keying in the PIN or using a physical key)? I'm on the Powerstream REM pilot program so from what I understand I get to keep the Rogers Touchpad at the end of the trial for free. In the event I don't continue with the Rogers Smart Home Monitoring service, can I still use the Touchpad to control these key locks from inside the house? or use an iPhone to lock & unlock them if we are on the same wifi network?
If these are zigbee devices, shouldn't Wink hub support them?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
9006 posts
10283 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
If the Weiser takes 4aa batteries it would appear that is to have enough power to turn the lock mechanism...which if I remember has a high failure rate. Can anyone confirm if this is the case with either of these units?
Oct 7, 2010
102 posts
23 upvotes
Great, been looking around for one.

Got the Yale lock for $140 CDN all in. Thanks op!
Oct 4, 2009
44 posts
17 upvotes
London
Konowl wrote: If these are zigbee devices, shouldn't Wink hub support them?
Only if there is an option for that specific device. Wink doesn't have generic options for zigbee other then lightbulbs.
Jun 1, 2011
547 posts
127 upvotes
Ajax
Thanks OP, ordered the Weiser for $99.99 plus HST