[OP]
May 26, 2013
92 posts
22 upvotes
Guelph

[Rogers] |YMMV| 500/1000 Mbps $30/$40 London

YMMV
London
Had Rogers Territory Field Sales person come by the house last week and they offered me:

Internet speed: 500mbps
Data usage: Unlimited
Modem: Gigabit modem
Price: $30 a month + tax
No installation fees
Price is guaranteed for 2 years
No contract
No cancellation fees

1 Gbps was $40 + tax.

Keep an eye out.
Share:
Thread Summary
Current promo seemingly applies to new customers in HIGHRISE BLDS in select Rogers cable serviced areas in several cities (tagged postal codes) which Bell or other Rogers competitors recently wired with fiber and offer Gigabit Fiber plan, in which the number of Rogers subscribers is low. To get the offer, contact Rogers field salesman who usually goes door-to-door in your bld. They are called Local Rogers Advisors and live a flyer if you're not home, so call that guy's number on the Rogers Field Sales flyer (even an old one you kept, but not 3rd party or mailed flyer), but ONLY if your bld has physical competitor's fiber-to-home outlets in each unit (since Fibe or DSL plans via telephone lines do not count). Don't waste your time contacting Rogers CSR by phone or social media, they don't offer this plan and can't see it. This offer may cover several physical FIBER-to-home providers competing with Rogers in densely populated areas highrise blds and condos, where Rogers subs count is low. Blds without a competitor's physical fiber-to-each-unit are not eligible for the promo, while Rogers itself delivers Gigabit plan via old coax TV cable. You can switch between the 2 promo plans anytime, but the sub original start date will remain fixed.

Using your own modem

Rogers approved 2 modems for Ignite Gigabit & 500 plans: Hitron CODA-4285 DOCSIS 3.1 and Hitron CGN3ACSMR DOCSIS 3.0 WiFi Gateway modem-routers.

Rogers from Sep. 2017 no longer offers any cable modems for sale. You can still provision your own modem purchased elsewhere by calling support, if it meets Rogers requirements:
- approved for current use on Rogers network in your province with your plan level (not extended modem list approved for TPIA on Rogers network, unless you really insist and its specs allow)
- has serial number listed in Rogers modem DB (unless you convince 2nd level support to add your modem S/N, as they routinely do for TPIA providers)
- not locked to another provider (S/N checked clean in Rogers DB if bought on Ebay or Kijiji)
- not flagged on Rogers network as lost, stolen, never returned, or clone MAC & S/N
28 replies
May 6, 2017
25 posts
11 upvotes
...You sure that was a Rogers salesperson? Never seen that price before, no contract, with unlimited usage.
[OP]
May 26, 2013
92 posts
22 upvotes
Guelph
RFDblin wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 7:03 pm
...You sure that was a Rogers salesperson? Never seen that price before, no contract, with unlimited usage.
At first I thought it was a scam but he emailed me through a valid rogers email and I called rogers to check if he was an employee. I asked them about the offer but they said they didn't have anything close to it. But they told me Territory Field Sales folk usually have the best deals. The internet has been working well since it was installed.
Mar 4, 2011
687 posts
525 upvotes
Surrey
what the heck...?
inb4speedlowersorpriceincreasesnextmonth
Fulfillment: 1930, 1966, 1975, 1980, 1981 9.20 14:00, 1984 3.14
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
2386 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
Where is the GTA territorial person?
Sep 12, 2016
239 posts
69 upvotes
Ottawa
As someone posted in the ongoing deals discussions :
zamar81 wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 12:13 am

It applies only to new customers in highrise blds in certain Toronto areas which Bell recently wired with fiber and offers Gigabit Fiber plan, and in which the number of Rogers subscribers is low. To get the offer, contact Rogers field salesman who usually goes door-to-door in your bld. They are called Local Rogers Advisors and live a flyer if you're not home, so call that guy's number on the Rogers Field Sales flyer (even an old one you kept, but not 3rd party or mailed flyer), but ONLY if your bld has physical Bell fiber-to-home outlets in each unit (since Fibe or DSL plans via telephone lines do not count). Don't waste your time contacting Rogers CSR by phone or social media, they don't offer this plan and can't see it. This offer might also cover some other physical FIBER-to-home providers competing with Rogers in densely populated areas highrise blds and condos, where Rogers subs count is low. Blds without a competitor's physical fiber-to-each-unit are not eligible for the promo, while Rogers itself delivers Gigabit plan via old coax TV cable.
Sounds like it might not be Toronto only, Barrie was also mentioned well as postal codes with certain beginning.
Last edited by lyricidal on Oct 27th, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
May 26, 2013
92 posts
22 upvotes
Guelph
The salesperson told me he was assigned to my area. I also had Rogers Internet before but I switched and had a few folks come by the house offering the usual expensive packages and bundles. I am getting like 200 to 300 Mbps on wireless. It is running on coaxial (docsis 3.1 tho). I've msged him to see if he can give the deal to others. I think the person also mentioned a bundle with internet + tv + home phone for $80-90.
May 21, 2013
28 posts
15 upvotes
London
Wow! What part of London? I'm in Byron, if this dude is roaming the streets I would 100% cruise up and down every street trying to find him for this offer.
Jun 28, 2017
300 posts
124 upvotes
Yes I'm in London too - I'd love this offer.
Oct 14, 2015
596 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It is available downtown too, but not in my building. The two buildings next to me have this offer. Its actually $20+$10/mo modem rental. Crazy price.
Galaxy S7 with Koodo $46 3GB plan
Zoomer $40.5 2GB plan
Mar 13, 2013
123 posts
26 upvotes
LONDON
I am in London too. Can you please let me know where about are you in London and are you in a house or apartment? Thanks.
Sep 23, 2008
624 posts
160 upvotes
Subbed. Thanks OP. Would totally ditch Cannet for this.
Selling:
My Soul -- PM Me
Nov 27, 2014
94 posts
40 upvotes
Calgary, AB
manwinder wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 7:23 pm
I am getting like 200 to 300 Mbps on wireless.
Interesting that it's so much slower than "what you're paying for". My Shaw internet is advertised at 150mbps, but I get 167-170mbps wirelessly. We get more than what they "advertise". :)
Dec 15, 2012
176 posts
117 upvotes
Markham
for those who has it can you do a speed test and show us :D
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
3947 posts
481 upvotes
globalstar66 wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 9:48 pm
Interesting that it's so much slower than "what you're paying for". My Shaw internet is advertised at 150mbps, but I get 167-170mbps wirelessly. We get more than what they "advertise". :)
It's impossible to get a Gigabit over WiFi. 200-300 Mbps is as good as you're going to get.