Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

YMMV - Home Internet - Rogers Ignite 500mbps, unlimited - $24.99/ month

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2019 2:03 am
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2223 posts
628 upvotes
GTA
o snap rogers is goign to add $3 next month?! didnt know that going to fb chat to see if they can offer anything better then since bell is giving us good deal
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10332 posts
6699 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Did chat and got 500 U offer $24.99 extended but waiting for confirmation email and for it to show on bill.
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2877 posts
2840 upvotes
Ottawa
Chatted with them the other day and was told that I was pre-approved to renew my 500u at $30 instead of $25. I accepted it but wondering if I should contact them again to try bringing it down to $25
BlankdeBlack wrote: I hope it is guaranteed price, I will keep you posted next month.
Unfortunately, Rogers stopped offering guaranteed prices and switched to guaranteed savings instead. It'll most likely go up by $3
TheCheapCDN wrote: What is best way to get a good deal for new customers?
Facebook chat, live chat, calling?
Facebook chat usually has access to these deals
Xpdite wrote: they can push your start date out for up to 30 days. If the update is scheduled to start march first, just have them start your next promo after than so the increase should already be included
Mine was pushed by more than 30 days
dragonflower77 wrote: I called today to renew my 500mb 24.99 that was expiring March 22. CSR made no fuss and said they'll extend it after my current 12 months end. Didn't get an email confirmation though. I only have the chat transcript. Last year, I got the email confirmation immediately but that was because I started the promo right away since I was paying $75 for 1gb. This time, I'm letting my current promo end before starting the next one.

Can anyone confirm they got an email confirmation even though the new promo won't start until next month when the current one ends.
I received a confirmation email right away
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
My promo is ending in a few weeks too - went on chat and was provided with the gigabit plan promo mentioned here - told them it was too expensive (repeatedly) and asked them 'Can I keep my current plan?' as my last measure before ending the call and was told yes.

So I'm going to continue paying $33.89/month total for the next 12 months.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8568 posts
4207 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
BlankdeBlack wrote: so I am happy to stay with Rogers, beside I like their World Elite Credit card that give 1.75% cash back for everything including Costco and bills.
You know you get 2% CB on Rogers products/services with that card (compared to the regular 1.75% off regular purchases), right?
Jun 30, 2009
841 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
Just did the chat and they said the offer I had for 500U was no longer available but I could get Gigabit for $33.89/mo taxes in for a year. I signed up for that to start at the end of my current promo.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
newt_101 wrote: My promo is ending in a few weeks too - went on chat and was provided with the gigabit plan promo mentioned here - told them it was too expensive (repeatedly) and asked them 'Can I keep my current plan?' as my last measure before ending the call and was told yes.

So I'm going to continue paying $33.89/month total for the next 12 months.
Crappymonkey wrote: Just did the chat and they said the offer I had for 500U was no longer available but I could get Gigabit for $33.89/mo taxes in for a year. I signed up for that to start at the end of my current promo.
Did you use Facebook chat?
I love RFD! :)
Feb 5, 2013
480 posts
529 upvotes
yo2boy wrote: Did you use Facebook chat?
You may be able to get the offer online once you sign into your account. It popped up for me
I probably didn’t need it but bought it anyway
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2005
2478 posts
163 upvotes
GTA
Does Rogers limit OpenVPN speed? I see huge drop from normal vs. OpenVPN connection on the 150M plan. My previous 50M DSL plan with ciktel had better OpenVPN speed.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
awesomep0ssum wrote: You may be able to get the offer online once you sign into your account. It popped up for me
You are right, this is what I got:

I'm pretty sure I can do better though as others have mentioned $33.89/month. The real question is if they used FB chat, called in to that number or Rogers live chat.
I love RFD! :)
Nov 3, 2018
33 posts
2 upvotes
Did a Rogers livechat, tried keep the $24.99 500MB, eventually arrived at the $33 gigabyte plan. Prob don’t need a gigabyte, would rather save an extra few bucks, but I’m still happy with it.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9837 upvotes
Toronto
Just signed into my account and saw this
Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 11.02.12 AM.png
Realtor (Investment Properties) - CPA, CA
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2001
1454 posts
779 upvotes
Toronto
Had 500U starting March 18th for $34.99 plus tax but logged in and had $29.99 plus tax Gigabit offer. Wanted to push the start date out but called in and rep said you can't when you accept online and its best to take it when it is offered as it may not remain on your account. So I took it and my modem updated almost immediately after and I am on Gigabit now for $29.99 plus tax a month for a year.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
1005 posts
590 upvotes
Mississauga
Hmmm. The fact that I didn’t receive an email immediately like last time kind of bugs me. Anyone else not getting an email after chatting with Rogers about their plan changes after 24 hrs? How about those that got it immediately? Just want to see a head count. Sometimes, CSRs don’t apply promos properly. It’s happened to me before. Angry Face
NoCountry4RFDer wrote:

I received a confirmation email right away
Aug 31, 2011
202 posts
60 upvotes
My 24.99 500U is expiring next month. Live chat wasn't willing to extend it or offer me anything and I ended up putting in a cancellation notice.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
7579 posts
5273 upvotes
Toronto
yo2boy wrote: You are right, this is what I got:

I'm pretty sure I can do better though as others have mentioned $33.89/month. The real question is if they used FB chat, called in to that number or Rogers live chat.
Thanks! Just logged in and got 1gb for $29.99
Nov 15, 2014
309 posts
90 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Yeah, same here. I had my 24.99/mth plan running out in March so I called last week and agreed to continue it at 34.99/mth after the expiry. Logged in today and got the 1gb for 29.99/mth offer so agreed to that. $5 a month less for double the speed. not bad

thanks OP
Nov 3, 2018
33 posts
2 upvotes
dragonflower77 wrote: Hmmm. The fact that I didn’t receive an email immediately like last time kind of bugs me. Anyone else not getting an email after chatting with Rogers about their plan changes after 24 hrs? How about those that got it immediately? Just want to see a head count. Sometimes, CSRs don’t apply promos properly. It’s happened to me before. Angry Face
Got it right away
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1849 posts
1090 upvotes
Logged in to my account and got the deal for gigabit.

Thanks to everyone who pointed out above in this thread.
Buy now

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)