Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

YMMV - Home Internet - Rogers retention plan - $35, 500mbps, unlimited

Nov 17, 2018
90 posts
95 upvotes
Zork1984 wrote: I think you under estimate the number of people who do not shop for better prices. A friend of ours has kept a very old sympatico plan for years (thus much slower speed) and only recently moved to a Rogers bundle, and when we advice that's a good time for them to wane off provider's email address (their old sympatico address was before gmail took off apparently) they stuck with using Rogers provided email address, giving themselves less incentive to look for better deals. (Fact that they are with Rogers cell plans rather than Fido/Koodo/Virgin speaks volume).
Lol yeah, definitely need any leverage you can get, using any telecom's provided email address seems like a bad idea, especially with how pricing works. And yeah, it would really be interesting to see the data and statistics behind the different services and the prices accompanied with them. Like what percentage of people spend "x" for "y" service. Probably a disgusting amount of people overpaying like shit, and then I wonder, if everyone had the actual best deals would it then ruin it for everyone.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4680 posts
5989 upvotes
GTA
RedflagKing99 wrote: I just tried for this deal.. I got this deal last year but I'm paying $44 with tax and my plan expires next week. The rep I spoke with said there was no such deal being offered.

Can anyone confirm if this is Ontario based?
Rogers may have pulled the deal in response to CarryTel pulling their hot offer for new customers earlier this week (this thread rogers-75m-150m-unltd-internet-24-99-75 ... l-2196933/
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
8118 posts
2072 upvotes
Ottawa
PrabhpreetS57520 wrote: You can call in and ask, and you will see a message on bill regarding promo ending 4 months prior to the expiration
I don’t get any bills due to autopay. Hopefully I get a call or something.
Jun 21, 2008
956 posts
435 upvotes
mississauga
jeeva86 wrote: I don’t get any bills due to autopay. Hopefully I get a call or something.
I am anal about my bills so don't get surprised often. Last week rogers ambassador team called and offered ignite 500 down 20 up for $30 plus tax for 12 months, first 3 months free. I used to be with fido but had too many dropouts so went with cannet, rogers wanted me back. I agreed and was online in literally 15 min as technician was in area and set me up. Caveat is after 12 months goes up to full ;price ($127.99). We'll see before expiry whats available
Jan 2, 2019
30 posts
4 upvotes
I have called sometime in December last year as my contract expired long time ago, was paying around $80 for 100u. Went through few calls and finally got 250mbps for 33.89 tax inc for one year.
Need to this exercise again end of 2019.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2009
1137 posts
226 upvotes
My internet promo expires March 20th, Im going to call in now see if they can extend it for another year or two. The original price of my service was like 130$ and I aint paying that.
Boom Boom Pow!
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4127 posts
4352 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
jeeva86 wrote: I don’t get any bills due to autopay. Hopefully I get a call or something.
Usually its an easy-to-miss reminder and then your bill just jumps. I'd definitely set a reminder in your phone calendar for a month before your bill shows up so you can time to shop around for better offers.
Dec 15, 2017
154 posts
143 upvotes
I called again and spoke to a different rep this time in cancellations directly, rep was great and just extended my current contract for another year (500u,$45 tax in).

First rep I spoke to was hard headed and said there is nothing he can do and was increasing my plan to $76.99, Got to love robbers, all over the place!
Aug 29, 2018
9 posts
3 upvotes
sliu070 wrote: Last few times when threads like this one came up, I tried to call to get the deal ($25 for 500mbs, $30 for 500mbs) and I was informed by retention that it was postal code based. As bell does not have service in my area, best they could do is $50 for 500mbs.

Granted, other RFDers have reported $25/$30 for 500mbs that is not postal code dependent. Good luck.
The same happened to me earlier, but I just called Rogers on the same number as mentioned by OP and told them that I am getting really good rates from Bell for 1Gbps (The max available in my area is 100 Mbps Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes) and also my internet has not been working really well...he verified the account and gave me the same rate as the OP Mentioned.....
Aug 29, 2018
9 posts
3 upvotes
My current home internet contract recently expired, and I got a call from Rogers to give me some options. The first call was from their telemarketing department, and offered a non- competitive rate. They suggested calling the Rogers main number, and those people were a bit more helpful, but still nothing worth staying for. The last call was to cancel(1-866-695-9367), and they immediately offered 500 mbps and unlimited service for $35, which I accepted. Annoying to jump through all these hoops, but if you’re a Rogers customer with freedom to leave, I suspect you could get this offer too. Alternatively, Fido has a $32.50 offer for 1 year with 75 mbps, unlimited (until January 7).
[/quote]

Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes Thanks a lot George for sharing this, I just saved $32.5 a Month for the next 12 Months Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Aug 29, 2018
9 posts
3 upvotes
Ecsta wrote: Few reps I talked to have said because I don’t like in a Bell FTTH I don’t really get any good offers. If you live in a FTTH postal code you should be able to get the 500u for $25 deal posted before.

Best i got offered was 150u for $35 which is ok. But right now I have 100 down for $40 with a different provider so not worth the hassle to switch.

Anyone get this deal who ISNT in a Bell FTTH area as a new customer?
I just got it....
Sep 9, 2012
414 posts
307 upvotes
Ottawa
Fastest Bell connection to my house is 5mpbs, so...
And I'm so tired of keep trying to call Rogers for a better deal.
Nov 23, 2018
161 posts
157 upvotes
I am at Fttn fibre to neighborhood for Bell and last year got 500 mbs for $24.99...from Rogers...in 3 months time to renegotiate.
Sep 11, 2018
14 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
George1025 wrote: The last call was to cancel(1-866-695-9367), and they immediately offered 500 mbps and unlimited service for $35, which I accepted.
where were you calling in from? that phone number is not valid for me in toronto. I get the "the number is not valid for your calling area" operator message. What the retention's phone number for the GTA?

*edit* actually might have been due to using google voice to call. Rogers doesnt allow it anymore i guess lol
Last edited by Stragz on Jan 4th, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4127 posts
4352 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
gary2111 wrote: I just got it....
You're a new Rogers customer who doesn't live in a Bell fiber to the home area? I guess back to calling Rogers..
Jul 20, 2012
135 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Live in the Markham area and just called the number you shared. Rep just asked me if I was specifically given this number to call and went away looking at offers. Came back with what you mentioned! Probably most easiest call I've ever made with Rogers.
Sep 3, 2011
6 posts
LONDON
On the phone with Rogers now trying to get the $50 500u package, rep says promos available are now account based and that he doesn’t see that available on my account. Going from 55$+tax for ignite75 500gb including rocket modem to ignite 100u for 87+tax is apparently the best the can do... Face With Rolling Eyes

*edit* they are offering the ignite 150u for 74.99 now - same as the inmarket promos listed on their website
Last edited by ambs91 on Jan 4th, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 11, 2018
14 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
So my $24.99 500u term expires on March 24. I just got off the phone with a cancellation rep from the number listed. She attempted to search for a promotion to apply but said she couldn't find anything worth while. She recommended calling back in a months time, as it will be closer to expiry and thats when rogers typically apply eligible promotions to the account.

Not sure if she was BSing but I guess I'll try again next month.
Last edited by Stragz on Jan 4th, 2019 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6781 posts
4348 upvotes
Toronto
ambs91 wrote: On the phone with Rogers now trying to get the $50 500u package, rep says promos available are now account based and that he doesn’t see that available on my account. Going from 55$+tax for ignite75 500gb including rocket modem to ignite 100u for 87+tax is apparently the best the can do... Face With Rolling Eyes
Put in the cancellation and wait for a call back. If no calls or get crappy offer or no $35ish 500mbit, walk into any fido and get the 50% off deal.
Dec 4, 2018
82 posts
58 upvotes
As a new rogers customer in Etobicoke I just agreed on 150u for $35/month. They also offered 500u for I think $60/month. Not too bad, considering I was sadly paying $60/month for 50down/10up with Bell for the last little while.
Freedom - $130/year talk/text
Fido - $5/mo 4GB data

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)