Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

YMMV - Home Internet - Rogers retention plan - $35, 500mbps, unlimited

Jun 30, 2009
832 posts
235 upvotes
Toronto
peteryorkuca wrote: Put in the cancellation and wait for a call back. If no calls or get crappy offer or no $35ish 500mbit, walk into any fido and get the 50% off deal.
I'm in the same situation as Stragz. The Fido deal apparently ends on the 7th. I called Fido and you can't order the deal for a future date (it must start immediately). My Rogers deal for $25/500u expires March 23rd so I'll put in for a cancellation on that date and hope the Fido deal rolls around again before then if Rogers doesn't offer me anything worthwhile.
Dec 22, 2011
636 posts
876 upvotes
Thank OP.. just got the deal in Ottawa for 35/500u - I was paying $54 for same deal.. I called the number you gave and it took 10 minutes
:D
Aug 29, 2018
9 posts
3 upvotes
Ecsta wrote: You're a new Rogers customer who doesn't live in a Bell fiber to the home area? I guess back to calling Rogers..
Not a new customer, Had been with Rogers for over 5 Years, Already had Rogers u500 but I was paying over 65 + tax a month for it, and thanks to the OP now I am paying 35 + tax for the same plan...

Also, the max speed that I have in my area from bell is 100Mbps
Sep 3, 2011
6 posts
LONDON
peteryorkuca wrote: Put in the cancellation and wait for a call back. If no calls or get crappy offer or no $35ish 500mbit, walk into any fido and get the 50% off deal.

I ended up settling for 68$ Including taxes for 150u
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2009
1138 posts
226 upvotes
called in and got the promo for 12 months, though its an increase from my previous promo of 25$ but better than nothing.
Boom Boom Pow!
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2017
2372 posts
999 upvotes
aztecking wrote: called in and got the promo for 12 months, though its an increase from my previous promo of 25$ but better than nothing.
Did you just call the number in the post and said I want to cancel and they offered the same 500mb for another 12months at 35 plus tax . The reason why I ask is because my contract expires next month
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2009
1138 posts
226 upvotes
Saad1988 wrote: Did you just call the number in the post and said I want to cancel and they offered the same 500mb for another 12months at 35 plus tax . The reason why I ask is because my contract expires next month
no i just called the regular number and asked if i can renew my existing promo, the rep said no but offered me the 35$ promo instead. My current promo still has 3 months remaining but she applied it for went it ends. Sometimes when you are need the expiration of a promo or off contract and call in with a number with Rogers they will automatically redirect you to a loyalty line instead of the regular customer service people.
Boom Boom Pow!
Oct 19, 2008
248 posts
59 upvotes
Markham
Live in Markham area. The best offer I got is 150U for $35.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2075 posts
2137 upvotes
Buenos Aires/Monaco
sy4 wrote: Live in Markham area. The best offer I got is 150U for $35.
Are you currently with Rogers? If so, what rate/plan are you currently on?

I had to put in way too much effort just to get that 150u for $35 offer for a few of my family members.
The name is pronounced El‧u‧àr‧do. I am the ultimate deal hunter, y'all just gatherers. I was the first openly black man to get a Costco membership.
Sep 21, 2017
63 posts
67 upvotes
does anyone manage to get this deal on a residential home? currently paying for $89.50 for a gigabit/cable/homephone... I have an iptv service which is thousand better than the cable offered by rogers and we really dont use the home phone. I would like to cut off our cable and home phone service and retain only the internet.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
22277 posts
35788 upvotes
ONTARIO
Currently on Rogers gigabit $39.99/month and it expires March 20th.

Has anyone with the same plan and around the same expiry date been successful in extending it already?
Feb 27, 2005
185 posts
66 upvotes
I tried a couple cancellations with Rogers and could never get some of the offers I was seeing on RFD, that is until I finally set up an installation date with Bell, and then Rogers received the home phone port request. I think porting is whole different department as I was offered 500mpbs for $25 and 1Gig for $35 (plus $20 for home phone that my wife refuses to give up). In the end I went with Bell as we got Gigabit Fiber for about $10 more a month than Rogers, plus a $100 Visa card.

Bell speeds are noticeably faster for me so I'm happy.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4469 posts
1203 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I called into cancel and got offered $29.99 for 250u. I agreed. Probably could have got the 500u for same price but didn't bother as it's "no contract" and I am coming from 100u which has been fine.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7454 posts
2417 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I have thr Rogers bundle and yet they cant seem to be able to budge on the internet pricing. If any thing, i should be getting an even better deal.

Any tips on how to get a better deal? Been with Rogers for more than a decade.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3444 posts
1807 upvotes
GTA
yesstyle wrote: I have thr Rogers bundle and yet they cant seem to be able to budge on the internet pricing. If any thing, i should be getting an even better deal.

Any tips on how to get a better deal? Been with Rogers for more than a decade.
Put in a cancellation 2 weeks from now.
I love RFD! :)
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7454 posts
2417 upvotes
Richmond Hill
yo2boy wrote: Put in a cancellation 2 weeks from now.
What if they call our bluff
Aug 6, 2015
146 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Currently on Rogers 1GB for $39.54 (taxes in) - do not have any other Rogers services just internet. My contract expires on March 22, so I'm very interested how to get the same or close to price for the next year(s). When should I start negotiating - now or in Feb or much closer to the exp date? Also, who would you recommend as an alternative - in case I'll be forced to leave Rogers if they do not offer anything decent? Who - Fido? Carrytel? Teksavvy? Bell? I'm a gamer so I need a decent speed and a reliable connection. Have to admit Rogers has been performing great.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3444 posts
1807 upvotes
GTA
yesstyle wrote: What if they call our bluff
What do you mean? It's worked for me and several others when I threatened them about switching to Bell.
I love RFD! :)
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7454 posts
2417 upvotes
Richmond Hill
yo2boy wrote: What do you mean? It's worked for me and several others when I threatened them about switching to Bell.
i mean they will just go ahead and cancel without offering anything.