YMMV Internet winback offer: 1Gbs plan for $34.95 for 12 months

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2018 8:36 pm
[OP]
Mar 22, 2007
148 posts
318 upvotes

[Rogers] YMMV Internet winback offer: 1Gbs plan for $34.95 for 12 months

I thought there'd be a post about this (and maybe there is, but I can't find it) but I got a call from the Rogers winback department to try and get me to switch my Internet service back. They offered 1Gbs down / 100Mbs up for $34.95 for 12 months, no contract.

I asked if there was a number I could call once I thought about it, and he said no, but might be worth looking into for those who used to be with Rogers.
Last edited by neilio on Jul 5th, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 replies
Mar 9, 2014
660 posts
667 upvotes
Ottawa
Nice! It's written as 1Gbps by the way.
May 1, 2008
50 posts
16 upvotes
Bell screws me badly on the internet service bill. I am going to say goodbye to Bell. Waiting someone call me from Rogers. :twisted:
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14856 posts
6374 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This has been posted but it’s buried in the Rogers retention deal megathread. You could also get 500u internet for $24.95/mo. for the same 12 mos.
Jun 22, 2017
112 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
Nice deal but i think rogers sucks with upload speed, bell is offering for same money symmetrical speed for download / upload
Apr 25, 2017
860 posts
756 upvotes
Richmond Hill
It’s long been discussed in the ongoing Rogers thread, I think it is a win back offer, you have to be a Rogers customer and put on a cancellation date.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3985 posts
3726 upvotes
Toronto
lol i thought the 1GB was a phone plan or bandwidth, didnt realize it was speed
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1170 posts
1265 upvotes
Toronto
Damnnnnnnn.

Just canceled with Bell (again) today (that's 2x cancellations in 2 weeks with Bell....).

Signed up with Virgin two weeks ago but Bell offered me a good deal on all my services if i continued with them instead. Took it, but they were not able to send out a technician within a reasonable timeframe. Been stuck with their crappy internet that's not able to support all the devices in the house for the past two weeks... And the earliest they could set me up for was Jul 8, even though I agreed on Jul 1, and then Jul 4....

So now I'm freshly canceled. This time, it's all my services. Also filed a complaint.
I'll try to leverage this promo in my discussions (I know it's Rogers only, but will see if I can get them to match).
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1567 posts
1092 upvotes
huntclub wrote: Nice! It's written as 1Gbps by the way.
Ah, gigabit speed... of course. I was really confused, thanks
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7102 posts
8594 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I saw 1GB and thought we rolled back to the early 2000's again lol
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Nov 21, 2015
104 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
So what would I have to say to even get this offered to me? Tell them I want to cancel my internet with them?
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2558 posts
2451 upvotes
Toronto
dracolnyte wrote: lol i thought the 1GB was a phone plan or bandwidth, didnt realize it was speed
elfion wrote: Ah, gigabit speed... of course. I was really confused, thanks
well, being a bit pedantic, it (1 Gbps) is bandwidth; Speed itself would be more related to latency.

I guess it's easier to advertise it as speed, and in the end you're actually getting stuff faster. But it's rather like having a ton-of-lanes highway, than an higher speed limit highway. if you're just travelling on 1 car (or transferring 1 bit) speed itself would be the same.
Apr 4, 2007
262 posts
87 upvotes
This deal is very postal code restricted as it is to compete with Bell FTTH I believe!
[OP]
Mar 22, 2007
148 posts
318 upvotes
Okay okay, I fixed it. Sorry - I actually knew that but had a total collapse of my mental capacities. I blame the heat.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1567 posts
1092 upvotes
neonic wrote: well, being a bit pedantic, it (1 Gbps) is bandwidth; Speed itself would be more related to latency.

I guess it's easier to advertise it as speed, and in the end you're actually getting stuff faster. But it's rather like having a ton-of-lanes highway, than an higher speed limit highway. if you're just travelling on 1 car (or transferring 1 bit) speed itself would be the same.
ahahaha, "speed" of data transfer is definitely how fast you can transfer 1 bit. speed in this context means rate of transfer. i suppose you can have a higher speed limit on your highway (i.e. increase speed of light constant and make electrons go faster) but that's not how it's typically done.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)