Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

[YMMV] Rogers Winback $45/25GB + Galaxy S20 FE $36 with Return Option

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2021 9:04 pm
[OP]
Jul 14, 2021
2 posts
6 upvotes

[Rogers] [YMMV] Rogers Winback $45/25GB + Galaxy S20 FE $36 with Return Option

I got a call from a Rogers rep for win back offer:

- $45/25GB
- Galaxy S20 FE $5.63* 24 months - $100 = $36 ($340 buyout after 2 years)
- $45 activation fee waved
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 15th, 2021 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer field was empty
24 replies
Dec 20, 2006
762 posts
527 upvotes
You got the standard offer, not a deal.
Apr 18, 2010
843 posts
279 upvotes
You have the phone number I can try.

Thanks
Feb 20, 2021
68 posts
93 upvotes
Bold007 wrote: You have the phone number I can try.

Thanks
I would suggest calling your provider and speaking to the cancellation department. Ask questions about details on how to cancel and how much of an advance notice you need to give to avoid incurring fees or paying for partial month services.

This typically triggers them to ask why you were asking to change providers. Tell them you are getting a winback offer 25GB for $45 - there's a LOT of companies offering this right now so they won't be alarmed by the "deal". They will either match you to the offer or suggest another option (usually more $$) - just ask to speak to someone to cancel your line if this doesn't work - eventually they'll give in because they can offer the same.
Jun 17, 2019
24 posts
24 upvotes
Not a bad offer. I got a similar deal with my Rogers Preferred Program.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5045 posts
6241 upvotes
noxlord wrote: You got the standard offer, not a deal.
When it comes to phones and packages in Canads am as useless as a Moose on the 401.
What would be a "deal?".

Currently am paying 53$total for 22gigs. I only use the phone to get the work network codes in the morning and text the local talk radio station during work hours so 50$ is much for what am using it for.

I'd like to stick w/ Rogers as am not keen on having a credit check from another provider on my record.

Cheers, KH
Jul 23, 2018
26 posts
77 upvotes
I ported from rogers to freedom couple of weeks ago, is there a number I should call and see if I can switch back?
Dec 7, 2020
618 posts
569 upvotes
chaseqi wrote: I ported from rogers to freedom couple of weeks ago, is there a number I should call and see if I can switch back?
Try this 1-833-892-3338
Dec 30, 2015
229 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto
KravenHead wrote: When it comes to phones and packages in Canads am as useless as a Moose on the 401.
What would be a "deal?".

Currently am paying 53$total for 22gigs. I only use the phone to get the work network codes in the morning and text the local talk radio station during work hours so 50$ is much for what am using it for.

I'd like to stick w/ Rogers as am not keen on having a credit check from another provider on my record.

Cheers, KH
Without going through the hassle of porting to Freedom Mobile or other carrier for the "win-back" offer, what you're paying right now is in line with the standard plans being offered as "loyalty" or "promotional" offers (i.e.: $40 for 10gb, $45 for 15-20gb, $50 for 20-25gb).

It doesn't hurt to speak to the loyalty department to see what they can offer you if you don't want to port out, but the "win-back" offers are where all the good deals lie.
Apr 18, 2010
843 posts
279 upvotes
Nike297 wrote: I would suggest calling your provider and speaking to the cancellation department. Ask questions about details on how to cancel and how much of an advance notice you need to give to avoid incurring fees or paying for partial month services.

This typically triggers them to ask why you were asking to change providers. Tell them you are getting a winback offer 25GB for $45 - there's a LOT of companies offering this right now so they won't be alarmed by the "deal". They will either match you to the offer or suggest another option (usually more $$) - just ask to speak to someone to cancel your line if this doesn't work - eventually they'll give in because they can offer the same.
I will. Thanks
Apr 7, 2017
470 posts
417 upvotes
Brantford
KravenHead wrote: When it comes to phones and packages in Canads am as useless as a Moose on the 401.
What would be a "deal?".

Cheers, KH
You don’t need a credit check when you move your line to prepaid
Jun 6, 2017
162 posts
247 upvotes
If it helps, you can actually bargain for more device credit. I got a call a couple of weeks ago (win-back). They offered me same deal $45 for 25gb.

But here was the trick.

Samsung s20FE was $14.xx on financing (not leasing) untill July 5th and changed to $19.xx after july 5th. So I mentioned that to them that the plan chamged only a few days ago. so they offered me $300 device credit instead of regular $100 as OP mentioned.

Total worked out to

$20 x 24 months = $480 - $300 credit = $180 +tax for the phone

$45 waived for connection fee.

$45 plan for 25Gb.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2016
5045 posts
6241 upvotes
HarryLe wrote: Without going through the hassle of porting to Freedom Mobile or other carrier for the "win-back" offer, what you're paying right now is in line with the standard plans being offered as "loyalty" or "promotional" offers (i.e.: $40 for 10gb, $45 for 15-20gb, $50 for 20-25gb).

It doesn't hurt to speak to the loyalty department to see what they can offer you if you don't want to port out, but the "win-back" offers are where all the good deals lie.
Thanks for the feedback.

On a side note I don't trust Rogers to operate in good faith. At the beginning of the pandemic last March I contacted them asking to freeze/suspend the account as my company would be working remote and I woudlnt need a phone (this was before the IT security team updated the login procedure to include codes) ...I was told in the chat window "the pandemic is not a valid excuse to suspend your account".
Apr 13, 2021
103 posts
62 upvotes
Pickering
Is there a way to become eligible if never been with Roger's? I remember in the past someone suggested to get some line and then cancel
I will get that ******* xc-27, I will: vaderyoda May-April 29 2021
I got that ******* xc-27 :) April 30 2021
Jun 12, 2005
42 posts
18 upvotes
108 Mile Ranch
scorpion85 wrote: Try this 1-833-892-3338
Thanks! this worked for me.

I called and it was a voicemail: left my name and phone number. Rogers 3rd party called back and offered 25GB for $45 LTE Limited.
Oct 25, 2017
86 posts
25 upvotes
MrT wrote: Thanks! this worked for me.

I called and it was a voicemail: left my name and phone number. Rogers 3rd party called back and offered 25GB for $45 LTE Limited.
Were you on a Rogers plan for a while? I was thinking of opening a postpaid rogers plan, and porting it to freedom, and then calling that number to see if I can get the offer. I'm just not sure how long I need to have a Rogers plan for.
Jun 12, 2005
42 posts
18 upvotes
108 Mile Ranch
Robocop5 wrote: Were you on a Rogers plan for a while? I was thinking of opening a postpaid rogers plan, and porting it to freedom, and then calling that number to see if I can get the offer. I'm just not sure how long I need to have a Rogers plan for.
Two years ago, I ported to Freedom for a couple of days and Rogers offered me a winback which I took. I think from their POV, I have been with them for two years - my two year mark is coming up in late August 2021. Previously to the two years, I have been with Rogers since 2000.
Sep 11, 2009
26 posts
13 upvotes
Anyone know if this is shareable if you had two lines to bring back?
[OP]
Jul 14, 2021
2 posts
6 upvotes
Rogers called my parent's number (Ported Number). I was able to have the offer applied on a non-rogers phone number.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2151 posts
779 upvotes
Edmonton
reheat wrote: Anyone know if this is shareable if you had two lines to bring back?
The data is not shared between the lines, if that's what you meant. Rogers Winback was able to apply the same plan for two lines, and told me to call back to get additional lines for the same price.