Expired Hot Deals

[Rogue Canada] Rogue Ohio Barbells (Including Stainless Steel)

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2020 11:46 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1873 posts
3990 upvotes
Markham

Rogue Ohio Barbells (Including Stainless Steel)

Deal Link:
Price:
$465
Retailer:
Rogue Canada
Been looking at these for months, and they sell out almost instantly every time they come in stock.

The Stainless Steel Ohio is a particularly highly rated variant, and pretty much a buy it for life. Expect it to go out of stock within the hour (probably even faster now that it's on RFD).

The Cerakote Ohio is also good if SS is out of stock. The Black/Black is in stock (for now).

These are from Rogue, so please don't compare them to cheap China barbells that come in a set...

Good luck!

Edit: Bumper plates also in stock: https://www.roguecanada.ca/rogue-mil-ec ... ates-black (Note that the prices are per pair, not single, so the price is quite good for brand name plates)
99 replies
Jr. Member
Oct 6, 2020
189 posts
302 upvotes
FYI....

Shipping is roughly $90 to Toronto...for the bar

Its more for the bumper plates.

Bumper plate shipping is $110 for 2 x 45's....so works out to $3.6/Lbs
Member
Apr 21, 2017
365 posts
322 upvotes
Chelsea
I don’t want to compare with Chinese brands - but are Rogue really worth their premium compared to the rest ? (Non-aliexpress that is)
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3262 posts
2074 upvotes
GTA
SimonL556 wrote: I don’t want to compare with Chinese brands - but are Rogue really worth their premium compared to the rest ? (Non-aliexpress that is)
Yes. They are bombproof and stand up to heavy use.

My wife and I both have Rogue (Ohio Cerakote for me, Bella 2.0 Cerakote for her) barbells and they are worth every penny.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1873 posts
3990 upvotes
Markham
teedomo88 wrote: FYI....

Shipping is roughly $90 to Toronto...for the bar

Its more for the bumper plates.

Bumper plate shipping is $110 for 2 x 45's....so works out to $3.6/Lbs
Yes, total comes to $625 shipped and tax in for Ontario.

Rogue doesn't have any authorized sellers in Ontario anyways, so the website (and paying shipping) is the only way to get their stuff, and afaik they don't have sales to Canada ever (US gets free shipping sometimes).

Once again, SS Ohio is really top of the line for most people and buy it for life, so I think it's totally worth it.
Newbie
Jun 7, 2007
82 posts
22 upvotes
Markham
if anyone wants a point of reference for shipping from Rogue, I've ordered a few items last month:

$380 Ohio Black Zinc
$79.79 Shipping
$519.56 Total (w/ Tax)

$487 SML-1 (Squat Rack)
$217 Spotter Arms
$181.81 Shipping
$1,000.96 Total (w/ Tax)

$370.00 Bumper Plates (Pairs - 10lb, 15lb, 25lb, 35lb)
$156.90 Shipping
$595.39 Total (w/ Tax)

$174.00 Bumper Plates (Pairs - 45lb)
$111.14 Shipping
$322.21 Total (w/ Tax)

So its either pay a bit of a premium to actually get items from Rogue or run around the city or pay resale for items locally.
Last edited by Ricearonie on Oct 22nd, 2020 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3262 posts
2074 upvotes
GTA
teedomo88 wrote: FYI....

Shipping is roughly $90 to Toronto...for the bar

Its more for the bumper plates.

Bumper plate shipping is $110 for 2 x 45's....so works out to $3.6/Lbs
It's no secret that Rogue gear is expensive.

You definitely pay a premium for quality and more importantly, customer service. If you buy bumpers from XYZ random company and have an issue, good luck getting it replaced. Neutral Face
Member
Jan 28, 2015
229 posts
744 upvotes
Montreal
SimonL556 wrote: I don’t want to compare with Chinese brands - but are Rogue really worth their premium compared to the rest ? (Non-aliexpress that is)
They're firmly established in the elite lifting community. This means their bars/equipment will have very high resale value in the future. Just don't do anything stupid to them like grind away the knurling on a metal squat rack (use plastic J-hooks or padding) and don't leave the barbells loaded with plates overnight.

For example, I bought an Eleiko barbell a few years ago from the company's second hand store, and sold it years later for a small profit when I upgraded.
Member
Sep 10, 2006
354 posts
197 upvotes
Damn, I was ignorant about the price of this equipment. Still, I can't bring myself to see the value. Maybe the resale as was mentioned, but still.
Jr. Member
Aug 21, 2013
198 posts
179 upvotes
Kitchener
N8Magic wrote: It's no secret that Rogue gear is expensive.

You definitely pay a premium for quality and more importantly, customer service. If you buy bumpers from XYZ random company and have an issue, good luck getting it replaced. Neutral Face
You pay a premium for Rogue over cheap chinese bars but they are actually cheaper than a lot of similar and higher end brands. Bars are close to the cost of EliteFTS but rogue shipping is cheaper. Bars are much cheaper than Eleiko and Kabuki strength (both are higher end.) The cheaper options like Rep dont ship to Canada sadly. Titan is definitely much cheaper but their quality is very hit and miss across products and they dont ship to Canada.

I got a Ohio Power bar, it's a really nice bar, the knurl is pretty aggressive which I like but with the centre knurling It wont be very nice for front squats
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1873 posts
3990 upvotes
Markham
mezzanine wrote: Damn, I was ignorant about the price of this equipment. Still, I can't bring myself to see the value. Maybe the resale as was mentioned, but still.
Btw, if you had to cheap out on something, the barbell would not be the piece you want to cheap out on.

I sorta added the plates as an "oh yeah btw..." because that's the one you can actually save money on (when it's not corona times at least).
Newbie
Aug 5, 2020
80 posts
50 upvotes
There is no doubt the quality on these things is excellent, but it's all about what you are using this for. This is basically competition grade stuff. If you have an awesome home gym, work out 4-5 times a week and throw around heavy weight it's worth the investment.

This is just my opinion, but if you have a casual setup and you aren't hardcore dedicated to fitness/having a home gym this is overkill even with the Covid pricing and availability issues right now.

I think you can go the cheap route (All the cap/fitness reality stuff), the mid tier (higher end cap stuff and get some locally sourced power cages/equipment, etc.) or obviously just go high end everything.

I've gone mostly the cheap route, but it satisfies my needs and I think if you take care of the equipment it will last you for quite awhile.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
1149 posts
775 upvotes
Good find!! But I might pass. I'll go with synergee barbell. I already ordered RM-3!
Also the sleeves are chrome--not stainless steel. Might be better if it's stainless steel too
Jr. Member
Oct 28, 2008
116 posts
29 upvotes
BC
SimonL556 wrote: I don’t want to compare with Chinese brands - but are Rogue really worth their premium compared to the rest ? (Non-aliexpress that is)
Yes and no, they are great bars but you could buy a great bar from Tydax, Bells of Steel or this XM bar is the one I purchased -https://www.treadmillfactory.ca/xtreme- ... 500lbs-bar and save a couple hundred dollars.

I love Rogue products and have a RML-3 rack but for me personally I'd pre order this bar from Bells of Steel -https://www.bellsofsteel.com/product/bo ... g-barbell/ and save the $

Cheers
Member
Sep 9, 2012
272 posts
200 upvotes
Ottawa
therealj wrote: Yes and no, they are great bars but you could buy a great bar from Tydax, Bells of Steel or this XM bar is the one I purchased -https://www.treadmillfactory.ca/xtreme- ... 500lbs-bar and save a couple hundred dollars.

I love Rogue products and have a RML-3 rack but for me personally I'd pre order this bar from Bells of Steel -https://www.bellsofsteel.com/product/bo ... g-barbell/ and save the $

Cheers
I'd like to add Gorila fitness to that list. They're based out of QC, so shipping to me (Ottawa) was reasonable. They have very solid products as well.
Jr. Member
Oct 28, 2008
116 posts
29 upvotes
BC
sliu070 wrote: I'd like to add Gorila fitness to that list. They're based out of QC, so shipping to me (Ottawa) was reasonable. They have very solid products as well.
Agreed, there are a ton of great Canadian companies out there and it's really not that hard to get products if you have a little patience and keep an eye out. I purchased my plates from Tydax and they were excellent to work with, Bells and Tydax both keep their re-stock items up to date on insta and their newsletter...I don't have personal experience with Bells or Gorilla but both are very well regarded for quality/service.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 6, 2004
8270 posts
2012 upvotes
Mississauga
Mrrfdxyz wrote: Good find!! But I might pass. I'll go with synergee barbell. I already ordered RM-3!
Also the sleeves are chrome--not stainless steel. Might be better if it's stainless steel too
I ordered from Synergee too. With the coupon applied I feel like they offer a good value compromise between the China junk and this.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
1149 posts
775 upvotes
therealj wrote: Yes and no, they are great bars but you could buy a great bar from Tydax, Bells of Steel or this XM bar is the one I purchased -https://www.treadmillfactory.ca/xtreme- ... 500lbs-bar and save a couple hundred dollars.

I love Rogue products and have a RML-3 rack but for me personally I'd pre order this bar from Bells of Steel -https://www.bellsofsteel.com/product/bo ... g-barbell/ and save the $

Cheers
Too expensive. That Bos is made in china too. Better to buy from synergee as they have a really good customer service, cheaper and ships through amazon.
Jr. Member
Oct 6, 2020
189 posts
302 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: Btw, if you had to cheap out on something, the barbell would not be the piece you want to cheap out on.

I sorta added the plates as an "oh yeah btw..." because that's the one you can actually save money on (when it's not corona times at least).
I get this..and I have a solid bar now (paid $300 for it).....but I've been lifting with GARBAGE barbells from LA fitness and Crunch fitness for 3-4 years now (literally they are like garbage 32mm steel bars lol)....but have not had any issues with any lifts or progress (my #s are only 250ish bench, 315lbs squat and 405ish dead)

Unless you are pushing a 5-6 plate deadlift, or a 4 plate bench, how important is a $250 barbell vs a $650 barbell vs the garbage from Crunch fitness? I have personally seen no difference

Are you suggesting with actually Oly lifts? Clean and jerks and stuff? Because for basic compound movements (bench, ohp, bench, deads), with reasonable weights....I dont really know the difference...

I get the argument if you are elite....but most of use are not lol...at least im not hah
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1873 posts
3990 upvotes
Markham
therealj wrote: Yes and no, they are great bars but you could buy a great bar from Tydax, Bells of Steel or this XM bar is the one I purchased -https://www.treadmillfactory.ca/xtreme- ... 500lbs-bar and save a couple hundred dollars.

I love Rogue products and have a RML-3 rack but for me personally I'd pre order this bar from Bells of Steel -https://www.bellsofsteel.com/product/bo ... g-barbell/ and save the $

Cheers
teedomo88 wrote: I get this..and I have a solid bar now (paid $300 for it).....but I've been lifting with GARBAGE barbells from LA fitness and Crunch fitness for 3-4 years now (literally they are like garbage 32mm steel bars lol)....but have not had any issues with any lifts or progress (my #s are only 250ish bench, 315lbs squat and 405ish dead)

Unless you are pushing a 5-6 plate deadlift, or a 4 plate bench, how important is a $250 barbell vs a $650 barbell vs the garbage from Crunch fitness? I have personally seen no difference

Are you suggesting with actually Oly lifts? Clean and jerks and stuff? Because for basic compound movements (bench, ohp, bench, deads), with reasonable weights....I dont really know the difference...

I get the argument if you are elite....but most of use are not lol...at least im not hah
Nah not elite here either hahaha. This is stainless steel (all the bars people pointed out above are probably good, but they're not stainless steel so not apples to apples comparison), which makes it more expensive, if going totally budget, Rogue has the Echo 2.0 too for more than $200 cheaper.

I bought this because it won't rust, and when I'm done I'll get a great resale value out of it. If I have issues, I know their customer support and lifetime warranty will take care of me.

Finally, I value manufacturing in NA vs China (not because China can't produce quality products, but because I rather support jobs here in NA).

Top