Expired Hot Deals

Rogue Canada

[IN STOCK] Concept2 Rowing Machine (RowErg / Model D)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2021 1:03 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2012
1085 posts
606 upvotes

[IN STOCK] Concept2 Rowing Machine (RowErg / Model D)

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Rogue Canada
https://www.roguecanada.ca/black-concep ... -rower-pm5

Clearly, signing up to be notified of stock does not work.

I was randomly checking after dinner and saw that they have a bunch in stock. Obviously, the "deal" is this being in stock from a Canadian authorized retailer and not from resellers on Kijiji / importing yourself.

I hope it help someone looking for one. It was tough to swallow the $1500 "lottery', but the older I get, the farther the gym feels.
Thread Summary
Not sure what to look? Check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best rowing machines!
38 replies
Feb 13, 2012
66 posts
42 upvotes
BRAMPTON
These have been in stock since last Friday so it appears supply has caught up to demand. Note that Rogue’s shipping has gotten about $50 cheaper too (previously was $1,555 shipped) so it’s going to be impossible to beat $1500 ShIpped from any Canadian retailer
Jan 4, 2019
625 posts
391 upvotes
I got mine back in November 2020, been using it for months. It's really great. I use it for my cardio days and every day to warm up before weighted work outs. I've developed some callouses again on my hands. I love mine, high recommended.
Nov 23, 2012
397 posts
280 upvotes
Brossard
Was waiting and waiting for no particular reason.

Waiting no more! Going to try to get in shape for upcoming snowboard season :)

Thanks
Apr 19, 2021
9 posts
9 upvotes
YUL
$1200cad + brokerage and taxes from concept 2. You end up saving some money, they are in stock at concept 2 rn.
May 30, 2016
435 posts
473 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
jfd3220 wrote: The Canadian price hasn't adjusted to our new favourable exchange rate yet. If you're willing to self clear it's cheaper to buy it from Concept2 directly.
How do you self clear? Can you detail the process? There some things I want to buy from alibaba but a lot of these guys won't do ddp to your door. Just to port which would require me to arrange shipping and clear customs.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2003
4992 posts
403 upvotes
shahram0 wrote: https://www.roguecanada.ca/black-concep ... -rower-pm5

Clearly, signing up to be notified of stock does not work.

I was randomly checking after dinner and saw that they have a bunch in stock. Obviously, the "deal" is this being in stock from a Canadian authorized retailer and not from resellers on Kijiji / importing yourself.

I hope it help someone looking for one. It was tough to swallow the $1500 "lottery', but the older I get, the farther the gym feels.
I bit the bullet. I'm getting older ... and I have the money but not the motivation to go to the gym in this pandemic world lol
He .... looka lika MAN!
I tell you every ting!
----------------------------------------------------
If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1307 posts
414 upvotes
Vaughan
i ordered it recently from Rogue and it just arrived a couple of days ago. the machine is solid. for those new to rowing, (including myself) I recommend looking at some youtube videos for technique/form and how to use the machine. Many people including myself set the damper to 10 thinking it'll be a lot harder but it doesn't quite work that way. It's very different from a treadmill or bike.
Nov 30, 2012
15 posts
8 upvotes
OAKVILLE
PirateAngel3000 wrote: I got mine back in November 2020, been using it for months. It's really great. I use it for my cardio days and every day to warm up before weighted work outs. I've developed some callouses again on my hands. I love mine, high recommended.
For the calluses - I put a tennis racket overgrip tape on the handles. Works well, especially when your hands become sweaty.
Mar 26, 2006
385 posts
296 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
otaknap wrote: i ordered it recently from Rogue and it just arrived a couple of days ago. the machine is solid. for those new to rowing, (including myself) I recommend looking at some youtube videos for technique/form and how to use the machine. Many people including myself set the damper to 10 thinking it'll be a lot harder but it doesn't quite work that way. It's very different from a treadmill or bike.
How long did it take from order to your door?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1307 posts
414 upvotes
Vaughan
jiggajayd wrote: How long did it take from order to your door?
ordered on may 12. received on may 18. the delivery person needed help carrying it out of the truck onto my porch so make sure someone is home. It's not heavy but the box is big and awkward to lift alone.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
1734 posts
1920 upvotes
West GTA
otaknap wrote: i ordered it recently from Rogue and it just arrived a couple of days ago. the machine is solid. for those new to rowing, (including myself) I recommend looking at some youtube videos for technique/form and how to use the machine. Many people including myself set the damper to 10 thinking it'll be a lot harder but it doesn't quite work that way. It's very different from a treadmill or bike.
Agreed, I briefly rowed competitively and do see a lot of people using really bad technique when on the machine - learning how to do it properly isn't hard, and it's safer, more comfortable and gives you a lot more power (and a better workout).

I LOVE rowing machines as a form of cardio. They are amazing - easy on the joints, full body exercise, plenty of variety to choose from, and accurate tracking.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
1998 posts
1107 upvotes
Just waiting on Covid purchases to trickle down on Kijiji or FB marketplace. Hopefully it isnt too far away from now

Otherwise this is just a $1500 pill Id have to take.
Jan 21, 2010
454 posts
514 upvotes
Brantford
razorblade2099 wrote: How do you self clear? Can you detail the process? There some things I want to buy from alibaba but a lot of these guys won't do ddp to your door. Just to port which would require me to arrange shipping and clear customs.
It's at the link in my comment that you quoted.
Jan 21, 2010
454 posts
514 upvotes
Brantford
supernovav wrote: If I'm not, is it still worth buying straight from them?
Brokerage and taxes will be $224.43 to Ontario from Concept 2 USA. The brokerage component of that is around $80.
Aug 24, 2016
749 posts
552 upvotes
Man has anyone noticed how Rogue increased SML2 and spotter arm prices.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2003
4992 posts
403 upvotes
well, about a ~ 150 bucks savings is probably worth the time and effort for some people.

honestly, not for me.

Sometimes I get tired of taking my garbage out to the street or take my dogs for a walk and pee ... I just ordered this rowerg and i'm done.
He .... looka lika MAN!
I tell you every ting!
----------------------------------------------------
If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?