39 posts
106 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Rogue
Concept 2 Model D PM5 in-stock and available at Rogue.

I've been tracking this item on Amazon and Rogue. Amazon had it briefly in stock for over 1700+. Good fitness equipment hard to come by.

This rower is pretty much the gold standard used by pros and amatures or in Gyms.
21 replies
Jun 23, 2016
384 posts
702 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
Damn, OOS!

That was fast...
Mar 28, 2019
135 posts
200 upvotes
Thanks went OOS as I hit complete order.
Apr 3, 2010
504 posts
562 upvotes
The factory in Vermont was shut down for six weeks, but they're working now, and trying to catch up with orders. On top of that, demand for these things has been higher, as people avoid going to gyms, and exercise at home. As long as you can wait for a while longer, though, you will get one. Production will catch up.
Aug 16, 2010
518 posts
375 upvotes
Sudbury
Would have ordered but OOS. Anyone know what shipping was
Sep 4, 2016
133 posts
140 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Haps13 wrote: Would have ordered but OOS. Anyone know what shipping was
Yes please! I'm on the waiting list but still have no idea what the shipping will be.
Dec 30, 2006
301 posts
230 upvotes
Oakville
thanks OP... yes darn, i've been looking at this site for this exact Rower and went to order just mins after you posted but OOS...
But if $130 shipping, i wonder if can get here w/o...
there was a time I was contemplating buying on Amazon.ca and it would have been free shipping for $1200 at the time, and I think I recall it might have gone on sale at some point (would have to check camel) but this was in winter before COVID. Amazing how COVID has pushed prices for home equipment.
Oh well, summer is nice so running is fine for now... hopefully supply with catch up with demand by winter.
Apr 5, 2010
929 posts
203 upvotes
I have been on the waiting list for Concept2 since late April. The estimated date they are giving me that I am able to order one in-line is August 15th.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5717 posts
5437 upvotes
BC
artemis_xxx wrote:
there was a time I was contemplating buying on Amazon.ca and it would have been free shipping for $1200 at the time, and I think I recall it might have gone on sale at some point (would have to check camel) but this was in winter before COVID.
amazon-ca-hot-concept-2-rowing-machine-749-99-2334661/
$749.99 on November 29 2019. Amazing price even on the pre-owned market.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5717 posts
5437 upvotes
BC
KevlarCoated wrote: Im still disappointed I missed out on that, I was on the waiting list for hours just hoping.
Same here. That was definitely the best RFD deal of things that I wasn't able to get.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
2121 posts
696 upvotes
I paid $1,100 used for mine back in May with an extra seat and RowFree Mount for my phone/tablet.

Personally I wouldn't support those trying to price gouge.

If you really want one, I'd suggest setting up alerts on Amazon, Rogue, and Kijiji. Post wanted ads on both Kijiji and Facebook (as those selling theirs tend to be older folks).

SizzleChest wrote: amazon-ca-hot-concept-2-rowing-machine-749-99-2334661/
$749.99 on November 29 2019. Amazing price even on the pre-owned market.
I wish that thread didn't even exist. Makes me sad.
Aug 21, 2013
301 posts
311 upvotes
Kitchener
For anyone that is look at this that isn't specifically into rowing I would consider the Rogue Echo Bike, it comes into stock every few days on Rogues website. It's great for HIIT (I would say much better than a rower) and you can do LISS (Low intensity steady state) but it is absolutely brutal. The thing is built like a tank and feels like it will last for ever. I think for most uses I prefer it over the Concept 2 rower but I havent done much LISS on it.
Sep 15, 2019
466 posts
1163 upvotes
orleans
These things have tremendous re-sale value. In normal times, before COVID-19, you could usually get back 80+ percent of the suggested retail price while also selling the item very quickly.

The price has been as low as 1350ish on Amazon recently, but only for a short time. It has been $1700-$1800 steady. With the demand for these, that is probably a bit under priced. Even on the used market, the price for these is ridiculous right now. The supply is very low. They don't even stay in stock on Amazon at $1800, so what does that tell you?

Even if it is 1350 at Rogue with shipping, that's a red hot deal right now.

If you want one of these, and you can find one under 1500-1600 all in, I'd just pull the trigger. These won't go back down to their previous price point for a while, and demand won't go back down until there is a vaccine. Not to mention, the added difficulties of manufacturing these things with COVID-19.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Jan 25, 2005
158 posts
159 upvotes
Ottawa
Was looking for one, but could not find one here except at Fitness depot $1,688 + tax.
Had it on Camel watch list, and gotta an email early July that's was in stock.
sold & shipped by Amazon for $945 USD. (about $1250 CAD)

I know - not a hot deal - but given the current times, and that you cannot find them at a reasonable price, and that we get royally screwed on the price here in Canada, just went ahead and purchased it. I can live with the price.
Sold an Sole Elliptical- E55& a Bowflex to cover large part the cost.
It's shipped to Ogdensburg (for free) - now gotta wait for the borders to open to drive and get it, or get it shipped up.
Sep 15, 2019
466 posts
1163 upvotes
orleans
Back in stock as of today.

$1550 w/ taxes+shipping to Ontario.

If you really want one of these, I'd advise just getting it. At least in the next year or so, I doubt they will go back down to pre-pandemic prices. They are very difficult right now to find at the Rogue price. Amazon usually has them up at nearly $2000 all in, and they still sell out reasonably quickly.

You're basically renting it, because it is such an in demand machine. 6 months or 6 years from now, it will be very easy to unload if you change your mind.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Dec 28, 2011
476 posts
239 upvotes
OAKVILLE
Back in stock. 27 available right now. Go! Go! Go!