• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2022 6:08 pm
Tags:
Dec 22, 2020
156 posts
74 upvotes
Oakville, ON

Rogue or CX-5 ?

I am bit confused in two of them, I have dropped the plan of RAV4 as its most difficult to get. 2022 Rogue SV AWD has the most features but some of the dealerships are selling it above the MSRP!!! + BS Dealer Fees

Both of them have wait times if you do a factory order

Any fair dealers for Nissan in the GTA ? I don't want to pay over MSRP and no BS Fees.
18 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1659 posts
1227 upvotes
London, On
You might want to also have a look at the 23 Kia Sportage. Had a glance at once on the weekend, and they are nice. Great looking refresh on it. No idea what the wait time will be though.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23734 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Get the CX-5.
Penalty Box
May 3, 2010
317 posts
144 upvotes
Brampton
Nissan Rogue. It is new engine 3-cylinder turbo based on vc aka variable compression which should be fuel efficient; not to mention more horsepower and torque as base engine. Mated with new cvt based on timing chains so that should last long. Mazda CX 5 base engine is slow with outdated transmission.
Feb 8, 2010
626 posts
574 upvotes
Buy nissan only if you like that CVT thing.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12349 posts
5403 upvotes
refreshed Rogue is too new, get the proven CX-5
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2019
1262 posts
1248 upvotes
MayankY21823 wrote: I am bit confused in two of them, I have dropped the plan of RAV4 as its most difficult to get. 2022 Rogue SV AWD has the most features but some of the dealerships are selling it above the MSRP!!! + BS Dealer Fees

Both of them have wait times if you do a factory order

Any fair dealers for Nissan in the GTA ? I don't want to pay over MSRP and no BS Fees.
What wait time were you quoted for Nissan Rogue?
Dec 22, 2020
156 posts
74 upvotes
Oakville, ON
darkhorz1 wrote: What wait time were you quoted for Nissan Rogue?
For SV AWD one of the dealer is saying he will charge $1500 over MSRP and others who don't have are saying its factory order and wait times can be 6-8 weeks but nobody says guaranteed.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2014
5032 posts
5819 upvotes
Never been a Nissan fan (maybe the 300zx from years ago :)), otherwise, CX-5.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester
The Rogue's CVT kills it for me but if you are okay with the car's performance/handling and its price and availability are better, it's not an awful choice.

As for its new 3 cyl turbo engine, while it feels and sounds okay, it's too new for my liking. I don't trust engines from most manufacturers in their first few years on the market but I especially don't trust new engines coming from Nissan - there will almost certainly be bugs that they will work out over time and I would rather be part of the group that benefits from the improvements over time. Still, if you're planning to lease it or own it for the duration of the powertrain warranty period, this shouldn't be a deal killer.

So, my vote would be the Mazda but the Rogue is okay - with the above caveats.
Upvoting respectful and helpful RFDers since 2007
Jan 29, 2014
574 posts
658 upvotes
Toronto
MayankY21823 wrote: For SV AWD one of the dealer is saying he will charge $1500 over MSRP and others who don't have are saying its factory order and wait times can be 6-8 weeks but nobody says guaranteed.
Should name and shame the dealership
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2248 posts
908 upvotes
Edmonton
Haven't test driven a Mazda CX-5 yet. We're interested in trying the CX-5 out as it seems to be getting universal praise.

We test drove a 2022 Nissan Rogue and it was surprisingly good, considering the reputation of Nissan these days. Certainly better ride than a RAV4 I guess, and on par with Honda CR-V I'd say. Interesting thing was it was still in freight shipping mode lol, that's how low the stock level is these days I guess. Some of the technology in the Rogue felt a little too complicated, like the gear switching buttons and how you have to insert your finger to park. Also, like others said, the reliability of the Nissan Rogue will be unknown.

Not sure about the new Kia Sportage, but we tried a base model 2022 Hyundai Tucson and it was sooooo bleh. Worst interior out of all the base model small SUV brands we test drove, just cheap plastic like an old rent-a-car model. All the interior praises from Hyundai fans must not be the base model then. It also gave the worst ride quality out of all SUVs we tried, just smooth smooth smooth putting you to sleep, no power at all. The dealership salesperson didn't even let us get on the highway with a full acceleration. Felt just the same as all the Hyundai SUVs we rode shortly 10+ years ago and before 2008, it was like a time flashback. And Hyundai wants to charge Toyota level pricing for their cars these days (maybe cheaper by a few thousand dollars), heck no. I'm hoping the Kia Sportage will be better than the Hyundai Tucson at least, but can't tell until we test drive.

We're also interested in test driving the Subaru Forester, but we never rode a Subaru before so not sure what to expect.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12400 posts
4936 upvotes
Toronto
MayankY21823 wrote: For SV AWD one of the dealer is saying he will charge $1500 over MSRP and others who don't have are saying its factory order and wait times can be 6-8 weeks but nobody says guaranteed.
That's good, i will get out of the door right away, no time to waste in his nasty place.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Dec 22, 2020
156 posts
74 upvotes
Oakville, ON
professormeth wrote: Should name and shame the dealership
It's Oakville Nissan they are charging the following over MSRP and not willing to remove anything!!
1. Platinum Package - $499
2. Wheel Locks - $119
3. Other Charges - $1500

Aren't they happy with the commision they are getting by selling the car at MSRP !!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
My wife drives a CX-5. I selected a Rogue for a weekly rental this month in FL and prefer the CX-5.
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
13027 posts
2269 upvotes
Toronto
MayankY21823 wrote: It's Oakville Nissan they are charging the following over MSRP and not willing to remove anything!!
1. Platinum Package - $499
2. Wheel Locks - $119
3. Other Charges - $1500

Aren't they happy with the commision they are getting by selling the car at MSRP !!
Platinum package... which is an extended warranty?

What are the other charges? Did they break those down?
Deal with it.
Dec 22, 2020
156 posts
74 upvotes
Oakville, ON
KorruptioN wrote: Platinum package... which is an extended warranty?

What are the other charges? Did they break those down?
Not sure if that’s extended warranty but why is it mandatory that is wrong.

The other charges are just markup they said others are charging $2500 but we are being reasonable and charging only $1500 lol
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester
MayankY21823 wrote: Not sure if that’s extended warranty but why is it mandatory that is wrong.

The other charges are just markup they said others are charging $2500 but we are being reasonable and charging only $1500 lol
It's short-sighted. A few years from now, people will remember how certain dealers took advantage of these market conditions.
Upvoting respectful and helpful RFDers since 2007

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)