[Rogue Fitness Canada] CONCEPT 2 MODEL D ROWER – PM5 (Black) $1249.49 [CAD]

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2021 9:03 pm
Apr 7, 2009
472 posts
284 upvotes
toronto
killimanj3ro wrote: Back again.
Wow, it's like trying to win a lottery... Except you have to pay $1500 when you win...
Hopefully, it doesn't disappoint. Looking forward to many years of use.
Thx
Apr 6, 2003
420 posts
38 upvotes
Got mine last week, any recommendations on a rowing app that I can use with my Apple Watch?

From what I am reading I can either use the erg app (without heart rate) to track a workout. OR Apple Watch “rowing” which will track heart rate / calories (but not rowing details, stroke, distance, etc)
Dec 1, 2020
252 posts
186 upvotes
Betard wrote: Got mine last week, any recommendations on a rowing app that I can use with my Apple Watch?

From what I am reading I can either use the erg app (without heart rate) to track a workout. OR Apple Watch “rowing” which will track heart rate / calories (but not rowing details, stroke, distance, etc)
Erg or just extract data. Apples app sort of fails to track what matters, namely the rowing details. I don't want to sound jerky but that's ridiculous of them to track nothing of value. And for heart rate, usually best to get a chest band if that's a critical item for you and one that works with PM5. I'd be very surprised if your apple watch gets accurate heart rate over a 20 to 30 minute interval row.

Added, realistically, I would say erg or nothing.
Dec 28, 2011
383 posts
180 upvotes
OAKVILLE
Betard wrote: Got mine last week, any recommendations on a rowing app that I can use with my Apple Watch?

I use Liverowing. Here's the full list.

https://www.concept2.com/service/softwa ... -rower-all
Jun 17, 2013
249 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
I was planning to buy this one.
It is expensive but every exercise equipment has shot up.

My treadmill broke so not sure to get this or a new treadmill.

I used a 300$ basic rower and I never liked it as it had no tension.
Sep 13, 2011
60 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
Checkout is working for me. Just placed an order

EDIT - I forgot to order a mat and a seat pad for this. Then shipping and handling for a separate order is too costly. Does anyone know where I can get it them in Canada. Alternatively do you have a recommendation for a third party mat and seat pad? I don't want to pay a ton but I am also not looking for the cheapest solution. Appreciate any help
Mar 29, 2020
11 posts
25 upvotes
SirKen wrote: Checkout is working for me. Just placed an order

EDIT - I forgot to order a mat and a seat pad for this. Then shipping and handling for a separate order is too costly. Does anyone know where I can get it them in Canada. Alternatively do you have a recommendation for a third party mat and seat pad? I don't want to pay a ton but I am also not looking for the cheapest solution. Appreciate any help
I also forgot to get a mat in my rush to checkout. Here's one from Amazon that's the right size but I'm going to wait and see if I really need it.

Mat. 3' x 8.5'
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07BLF1FZC?th=1&psc=1

Seat pad. Regular or XL. I bought XL for its extra thickness.
https://www.amazon.ca/Machine-Cushion-P ... cialty-aps
Apr 7, 2009
472 posts
284 upvotes
toronto
Received mine and it's great. Thx OP!
Aug 2, 2014
445 posts
430 upvotes
Vancity
I've been constantly checking the rogue site all day when I'm not working/busy. Getting really tired waiting for stock (and potentially missing out - again).
Dec 23, 2010
51 posts
15 upvotes
Sherwood Park
yeti13 wrote: I've been constantly checking the rogue site all day when I'm not working/busy. Getting really tired waiting for stock (and potentially missing out - again).
In stock again as of now. Good luck!
Aug 14, 2009
510 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
Got one this time, was in stock for at least 30 mins.

Checkout was giving me constant issues with AMEX. Changed over to VISA and worked on first try.
Aug 2, 2014
445 posts
430 upvotes
Vancity
ekrizon wrote: In stock again as of now. Good luck!
Omg, FML. Was driving to work at the time. Plus, absolutely NO email from Rogue even though I signed up for notifications emails. Wow I'm jaded. Have to wait another 2 weeks I guess?

Seems like they usually release the new stock at 7 am PST
Aug 14, 2009
510 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
yeti13 wrote: Omg, FML. Was driving to work at the time. Plus, absolutely NO email from Rogue even though I signed up for notifications emails. Wow I'm jaded. Have to wait another 2 weeks I guess?

Seems like they usually release the new stock at 7 am PST
The email notifications are basically useless. I signed up for them 6 weeks ago, received 1 email a couple days later and never once since.

If you haven't done so already, make an account and populate your shipment and payment info ahead of time.

It does seem that stock comes online around the time you mentioned.

For anyone wondering, Rogue's email support is slow (2-3 business days) but phone support is rather quick. Phone support confirms they can retroactively change my payment method from VISA to AMEX.
Aug 2, 2014
445 posts
430 upvotes
Vancity
Finally got one. Never been so excited to have the opportunity to shell out $1500+ lol
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2005
1527 posts
86 upvotes
Calgary
for anyone who ordered, was the shipping cost the same with the mat as without the mat? or did the mat increase shipping cost?
Jun 7, 2019
30 posts
34 upvotes
silentsim wrote: for anyone who ordered, was the shipping cost the same with the mat as without the mat? or did the mat increase shipping cost?
It was roughly $8 more with the mat. Total shipping cost was ~$140.