412 upvotes
GTA

Concept 2 Model D Rower w/ PM5 (Black)

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Rogue Fitness
Regular price but back in stock!

~$1,550 all-in for Ontario. No additional duties/taxes with Rogue.

There were still ~190 in stock after I purchased at the time of this post.
29 replies
Feb 21, 2017
3 posts
1 upvote
Thanks a lot for the post. I was waiting for one, even subscribed to the notification but did not receive one.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2161 posts
4687 upvotes
Markham
Great deal, now if only they can get their stainless steel barbells back in stock.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5798 posts
1484 upvotes
Milton
How is the return process?
[OP]
Mar 28, 2010
856 posts
412 upvotes
GTA
Bloodyi2 wrote: Thanks a lot for the post. I was waiting for one, even subscribed to the notification but did not receive one.
Yeah, me neither. Just happened to do a random refresh at the right time.

Under 100 left for those still on the fence.
[OP]
Mar 28, 2010
856 posts
412 upvotes
GTA
spena wrote: How is the return process?
Sell on Kijiji for profit.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2007
1113 posts
377 upvotes
Calgary
I am contemplating on a water based vs this. Any comments?
Jan 25, 2005
129 posts
57 upvotes
Ottawa
55 in stock. better hurry.
Jan 25, 2005
129 posts
57 upvotes
Ottawa
frostiex wrote: I am contemplating on a water based vs this. Any comments?
Wouldn't advise it. I went through the same, and ended up with C2.
This is the gold standard for a rower. This is generally considered the best rowing machine out there. Best piece of cardio equipment on the market. Virtually zero maintenance required, built like a tank and will last a lifetime.
These always seem ridiculously expensive until you realize that they're built to last generations and can handle commercial use. The PM5 is pretty nice too for performance tracking and measurement.
Resale value is great too. These things have tremendous re-sale value. In normal times, before COVID-19, you could usually get back 80+ percent of the suggested retail price while also selling the item very quickly.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4911 posts
2902 upvotes
This is basically THE rower to get if you're in the market.
Water one is if you like House of Cards :P

Admittedly, I bought a cheapie rower from Walmart for around $200 and it's reasonably fine to me, but the concept is like your dream girl.
[OP]
Mar 28, 2010
856 posts
412 upvotes
GTA
frostiex wrote: I am contemplating on a water based vs this. Any comments?
FND wrote: Wouldn't advise it. I went through the same, and ended up with C2.

Virtually zero maintenance required, built like a tank and will last a lifetime.
Yep, I went through the same process. C2 is also widely used in competitions like the indoor rowing championships and CrossFit.

I also found the water rower more expensive than the C2 so that made the decision pretty easy for me, not to mention the pretty decent 5yr frame / 2yr parts warranty for the C2.
Last edited by kevinyvr on Sep 23rd, 2020 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21072 posts
3775 upvotes
YUL
Thanks Op.

I was debating about getting this, but I pulled the trigger seeing how hard these are to find right now. Even with the $120!shipping charge, it’s still a decent deal for this day and age in the Covid world, especially with winter coming up and needing indoor workouts
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21072 posts
3775 upvotes
YUL
Probably not good, considering you lose $120 on shipping
Jan 25, 2005
129 posts
57 upvotes
Ottawa
Five (5) left in stock.
Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
[OP]
Mar 28, 2010
856 posts
412 upvotes
GTA
FND wrote: Five (5) left in stock.
Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Annnnnd it's OOS.
Jan 25, 2005
129 posts
57 upvotes
Ottawa
All Gone.
200 sold in about 2 Hrs & 15 minutes.
One sold every 1 minute, 35 seconds
Vow.......................
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2161 posts
4687 upvotes
Markham
Bought one of these for $1200 brand new off Amazon 2 years ago, sold it used for $2000 during COVID.

Doesn't matter how cheap water rowers are, because these will last, and when you're done you call sell it and recoup most of your money back (unlike random ergs/rowers). Olympians train on them, varsity teams train on them, competitions use them, every hotel gym uses them, if you download almost any erging app they demonstrate using these. This should tell you everything you need to know about these rowers.
Jan 25, 2005
129 posts
57 upvotes
Ottawa
Why Return ?
If you don't want it, just put on Kijiji, and sell it .
I see people advertising used ones for more than this.
New ones are advertised on Kijiji between $1700-$2000 in GTA.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21072 posts
3775 upvotes
YUL
Just got an email confirmation of my order with an estimated ship date of NOVEMBER 5th...yikes. What's the point of selling the product on the site and having it listed as available, when it's not actually available!? Ridiculous. They should have said it was a PRE-ORDER. :rolleyes:
[OP]
Mar 28, 2010
856 posts
412 upvotes
GTA
najibs wrote: Just got an email confirmation of my order with an estimated ship date of NOVEMBER 5th...yikes. What's the point of selling the product on the site and having it listed as available, when it's not actually available!? Ridiculous. They should have said it was a PRE-ORDER. :rolleyes:
Me too. Confused Face For what it's worth though, the orders made in August on RFD reported they shipped within a week so maybe they're overestimating? *fingers crossed*

Also, I see that at the top of the Rogue site, it says shipping delays is 5-7 days so maybe we might be OK.