Expired Hot Deals

[Rogue Fitness] CONCEPT 2 ROWER ($1249.49)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2020 1:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1016 posts
192 upvotes
Oakville, ON

CONCEPT 2 ROWER ($1249.49)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Rogue Fitness
Back in stock, go quick!
Comes out of $1550 after taxes shipping to Ontario GTA

I Know its a popular item and many have been interested in previous posts and that goes quick on RFD
106 replies
Aug 17, 2019
40 posts
37 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP.
Haven’t quite been following the previous threads, but is there a benefit to ordering from US site vs the Canadian one? Rogue Canada

Can someone comment on general maintenance, features, durability, value etc?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1016 posts
192 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Hangryhippo wrote: Thanks OP.
Haven’t quite been following the previous threads, but is there a benefit to ordering from US site vs the Canadian one? Rogue Canada

Order from Canada site just to be safe, you might save on currency exchange.. and fees lol Rogue covers customs and shipping all together. Comes in 2 days after shipped. Concept 2 (direct from maker) does not cover customs not sure how much that would be.. it gets expensive from what I understand. Its cheaper to order from Rogue.

The concept 2 erg rower with pm5 is the industry standard rower for indoor and crossfit. VERY durable theres a reason why these things stay robust and can last a lifetime(seriously). They consistenly sell out the past 4 months and do not breakdown. Other than the monitor this rower has not really changed in 20 years and trusted by many users

Maintenance wise, just keep chain clean and oiled every few months or depending how much you use it. And then maybe clear dust out of fly wheel once or twice a year. Concept 2 website sells entire cleaning kits as well as instructional videos on how to do it so you do not have to worry.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
4818 posts
1284 upvotes
Toronto
Never really row... how is it compare to running and treadmill? Ok i rarely run or treadmill either, except for the few min to warm up before gyms. Stamina/Cardio isn't so good, do play hockey which obviously has been not happening...
Tempting to buy and try... do like the idea of doing it indoor with A/C on... really hate running outdoor with the summer sun.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1016 posts
192 upvotes
Oakville, ON
boyohboy wrote: Never really row... how is it compare to running and treadmill? Ok i rarely run or treadmill either, except for the few min to warm up before gyms. Stamina/Cardio isn't so good, do play hockey which obviously has been not happening...
Tempting to buy and try... do like the idea of doing it indoor with A/C on... really hate running outdoor with the summer sun.
I hate running and treadmill as well. Rowing is love and hate, its harder than it looks but you feel F’en amazing after just 5 minutes of rowing at like 75-80% effort if youre a beginner rower. Ive grown to love it.

With running its mostly legs, but this is upper body and entire posterior chain/legs, its really overlooked to be honest.
Aug 7, 2017
342 posts
319 upvotes
mathewvc wrote: Gone
Yup. And crappy website too that just doesn't let you checkout, no messages, no nothing. Waste of time.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1016 posts
192 upvotes
Oakville, ON
mathewvc wrote: Gone
Have to act fast, they usually restock and are sold out within 45 minutes.. if thats an indication how popular this item is.
bya1998 wrote: Yup. And crappy website too that just doesn't let you checkout, no messages, no nothing. Waste of time.
What do you mean crappy website and couldnt checkout? Ive ordered plenty of times off the site. Did notice a bit of lag today but thats normal for amount of traffic that was on the site im assuming.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
3562 posts
664 upvotes
Newbury, ON
bya1998 wrote: Yup. And crappy website too that just doesn't let you checkout, no messages, no nothing. Waste of time.
one of the better websites. So many I've gone to - I've ordered, my credit card charged and then nothing.
I've actually purchased from them, in a week they ship with tracking info

unfortunately like most fitness sites - Out Of Stock is standard
Aug 7, 2017
342 posts
319 upvotes
th12mq wrote: What do you mean crappy website and couldnt checkout? Ive ordered plenty of times off the site. Did notice a bit of lag today but thats normal for amount of traffic that was on the site im assuming.
I mean I added it to my cart, created an account, went to checkout and calculated shipping, and hit the Checkout button - it refreshes back to the cart. Confused, I try it again a few times, try redoing the shipping calc, no dice. Obviously now in the back end it's sold out but they at least need to show a message when the cart item is sold out, not just refresh back to the cart page. Or even better, like all real e-commerce software, reserve it for me for at least the two minutes it took me to go through checkout. Their loss, I'm sure they don't care but that's a sign of their service I'm guessing...

I'm in software, it's probably just hokey, crappy e-comm software they've built themselves on the cheap. As I said, just wastes time and degrades the brand for me.

EDIT: I should add the other thing that comes to mind for me when I see this kind of thing - don't pay by credit card on this kind of site. If they're custom-building software on the cheap you can bet they also do their IT security on the cheap too - there's a good chance your credit card sits in plain text in their database and it's more likely that they have security holes in their code. Be careful - PayPal is a good idea.
Jan 25, 2005
108 posts
36 upvotes
Ottawa
Got one. Thank you very much.
You are right. They seems to receive a few every Friday week, and they have a few for sale every Friday.

For those who did not get it, set your alarms for next week. Good luck.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3575 posts
1871 upvotes
boyohboy wrote: Never really row... how is it compare to running and treadmill? Ok i rarely run or treadmill either, except for the few min to warm up before gyms. Stamina/Cardio isn't so good, do play hockey which obviously has been not happening...
Rowing is something that most people will not like when they first try it. You need to stick with it for a while before it becomes enjoyable. I used to row quite a bit back in 2016-2017 but I stopped and am finding it tough to get back into again. I prefer early morning runs right now. If you do decide to go for a rowing machine, look up on youtube how to row properly because most people's form is not good at all.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2003
1067 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
Hangryhippo wrote: Thanks OP.

I've had this rower since just before the lockdown. It's durable, but because it's fairly lightweight it may not feel as such. The weight limit is 500lbs.

Maintenance is not much. Need to oil the chain every 40hours of use. Wipedown.. . It's VERY easy to assemble as it comes in 2 main pieces. The plastic phone holder is extra and I would recommend buying it.

The PM5 takes batteries but is also powered by your rowing.

The PM5 has some "games" for rowing but I don't use them.

It can use Bluetooth Smart HRM as well as ANT+ HRM. Has an app which can sync to the cloud and connect to Strava.

The only downside is the PM5 doesn't have multiple user support alone. You'd be able to separate users with the phone app as that requires an account.

The website which the phone app syncs to will tell you how you compare to other people in your demographic.

Rowing is low impact, but burns almost as much calories as running. It's a great way to mix up cardio if you're a runner, or if the weather outside is lousy.

I normally do 4km of rowing which I do in about 20mins.
Last edited by ck1223 on Aug 14th, 2020 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 17, 2019
40 posts
37 upvotes
GTA
I see there’s adapters for this as well for canoeing and dragonboat training. I may have to keep an eye out