Concept2 model D with PM5 rower

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2020 10:36 am
28 replies
Aug 16, 2010
519 posts
376 upvotes
Sudbury
Ha ha thank you. Managed to order one. Good indicator that you can't depend on their email notification. You just have to check website because I still haven't gotten a stock notification.

As a data point shipping was $180 to Northern Ontario
Last edited by Haps13 on Jul 25th, 2020 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2579 posts
1849 upvotes
thenatureboy wrote: Back in stock. $120 shipping to Ontario. Regular price, but rarely in stock at this price anyway.
What does it do
Sep 15, 2019
471 posts
1169 upvotes
orleans
me_too_lazy wrote: Oos already?
I posted in the expired version of this thread, but these sold out in probably a few hours. 2 hours after I got an e-mail that they were in stock, they were gone. (I already got one a while back, but I was still signed up to the notification)

The gist of it is that people are paying around $2000 all in to get these from Amazon. That's how high the demand is for these. With tax/shipping, Rogue had them at $1550 after tax shipped to Ontario.

If you want one of these, and can get one new in the $1500 range, you should pull the trigger. In the long run, like 1-2+ years from now, maybe you'd get one cheaper. But how much value would you put on having one for that 1-2 year time span if you don't feel comfortable going back into a gym? The resale value for these in normal times is very good. They are really easy to unload. (I've owned 2 in my lifetime). While there's no way you're getting close to $1500 for a used one in normal times, unlike other pandemic gym equipment, Concept 2 rowers will always be really easy to sell for around 75 percent of their normal retail price.

I guess it is also possible that the supply catches up to the demand now that they are being manufactured again. Still, I doubt the price is going to be lowered anytime soon. It just means there will be less urgency to buy one when they are in stock somewhere. Right now it's not just finding a good price that's an issue, it's finding somewhere with one in stock.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Nov 12, 2019
307 posts
1094 upvotes
Haps13 wrote: Good indicator that you can't depend on their email notification. You just have to check website because I still haven't gotten a stock notification.
That's probably true for email notiifcations for most in-demand items these days. Most of the stock notifiers likely run as scheduled jobs running hourly, every 12 hours, or even every 24 hours rather than immediately as items become in stock. I've got notifications for items on a few other sites and have yet to get notifications despite them being in-stock and OOS a few times.
Nov 12, 2019
307 posts
1094 upvotes
Good find OP! +1

I'm looking to add a rower to my home gym as it gets slowly built out over the next 3-6 months and this seems to be one of the top-rated ones out there. Somehow managed to snag a set of Bowflex 552 at SC while they were on sale a month or so ago and the 3.1 bench from BB last week.

Motto of fitness equipment during COVID is definately order first think later!
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3789 posts
1921 upvotes
Vancouver
pierrefrom0rleans wrote: I posted in the expired version of this thread, but these sold out in probably a few hours. 2 hours after I got an e-mail that they were in stock, they were gone. (I already got one a while back, but I was still signed up to the notification)

The gist of it is that people are paying around $2000 all in to get these from Amazon. That's how high the demand is for these. With tax/shipping, Rogue had them at $1550 after tax shipped to Ontario.

If you want one of these, and can get one new in the $1500 range, you should pull the trigger. In the long run, like 1-2+ years from now, maybe you'd get one cheaper. But how much value would you put on having one for that 1-2 year time span if you don't feel comfortable going back into a gym? The resale value for these in normal times is very good. They are really easy to unload. (I've owned 2 in my lifetime). While there's no way you're getting close to $1500 for a used one in normal times, unlike other pandemic gym equipment, Concept 2 rowers will always be really easy to sell for around 75 percent of their normal retail price.

I guess it is also possible that the supply catches up to the demand now that they are being manufactured again. Still, I doubt the price is going to be lowered anytime soon. It just means there will be less urgency to buy one when they are in stock somewhere. Right now it's not just finding a good price that's an issue, it's finding somewhere with one in stock.
I laughed because of your signature block. To this day I still remind my kids -- and they still think fondly about -- the HP Touchpads I got them when they were discontinued and cleared-out.
toguy wrote:
I LOL'ed at this one. Jerry Lewis was comic gold.
Apr 12, 2005
214 posts
167 upvotes
GTA
Great rower, have one personality. Ever since my box close down indefinitely Pensive Face.

Would recommend getting a free app call “float” it can connect to your phone via BT. So you can keep a log of your performance.
Jan 25, 2005
158 posts
159 upvotes
Ottawa
That's a good price.

Was looking for one, but could not find one here except at Fitness depot $1,688 + tax.
Had it on Camel watch list, and got an email early July that's was in stock.
sold & shipped by Amazon for $945 USD. (about $1250 CAD)

I know - not a hot deal - but given the current times, and that you cannot find them at a reasonable price, and that we get royally screwed on the price here in Canada, just went ahead and purchased it. I can live with the price.
Sold an Sole Elliptical- E55& a Bowflex to cover large part the cost.
It's shipped to Ogdensburg (for free) - now gotta wait for the borders to open to drive and get it, or get it shipped up.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2373 posts
5225 upvotes
Markham
These should sell out within the hour whenever they're in stock, if not minutes. I sold my used Concept2 Model D with PM5 for $2000 last week.
Aug 16, 2010
519 posts
376 upvotes
Sudbury
Dave510 wrote: These should sell out within the hour whenever they're in stock, if not minutes. I sold my used Concept2 Model D with PM5 for $2000 last week.
The only guy local to me(Sudbury) wants 2000 for used. Or I could have driven down to Orillia to pay 1800 used. I had checked at 8:30 am and no stock. So I was pretty stoked to refresh RFD and see the thread.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2373 posts
5225 upvotes
Markham
Haps13 wrote: The only guy local to me(Sudbury) wants 2000 for used. Or I could have driven down to Orillia to pay 1800 used. I had checked at 8:30 am and no stock. So I was pretty stoked to refresh RFD and see the thread.
That's pretty much market price these days. Concept2 lasts forever and hold their value well, so even non-COVID they hold their value exceptionally well. Anyone who sees these in stock at Rogue and know they need an erg should just get them without thinking.
Sep 15, 2019
471 posts
1169 upvotes
orleans
Haps13 wrote: The only guy local to me(Sudbury) wants 2000 for used. Or I could have driven down to Orillia to pay 1800 used. I had checked at 8:30 am and no stock. So I was pretty stoked to refresh RFD and see the thread.
$2000 is a bit steep, but not as crazy as it seems. If someone sticks to their guns, they could probably get that for one. Maybe things will change now that these are being manufactured again, but the factory being closed combined with the rise in demand for workout equipment created a perfect storm that saw these surge in price.

If you're willing to pay $2000, just check Amazon a few times a day, and they will come back in stock eventually at close to $2000 after tax.

1249+ tax on Rogue (So about 1550 all in Ontario) is the definition of buy now/think later. If you change your mind before it arrives, you can get your money back pretty easily.

The cheapest way to get one right now is to sign up to the Concept 2 waiting list: https://www.concept2.com/indoor-rowers/ ... d-shipping

The wait is apparently 10 weeks.

By my math, it would cost about $1400 CAD (965 USD shipped + approx 106 CAD brokerage fee). Although, with the description of the brokerage fee on the website, I'm unsure if there are extra charges.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Banned
Feb 13, 2015
1059 posts
243 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Quite frustrating Ive signed up since May and there has been few restocks and have yet to receive an email. Its like hit or miss, I cant spend all day everyday refreshing rfd and rogue lol
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3551 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
Paid 1700 shipped a month ago for brand new machine.
Felt like I overpaid at that time... But just didn't want to wait anymore for it to come back in stock.

Happy with it so far even if it is a bit steep.
Sep 15, 2019
471 posts
1169 upvotes
orleans
th12mq wrote: Quite frustrating Ive signed up since May and there has been few restocks and have yet to receive an email. Its like hit or miss, I cant spend all day everyday refreshing rfd and rogue lol
[OP]
Dec 13, 2005
65 posts
50 upvotes
pierrefrom0rleans wrote: The cheapest way to get one right now is to sign up to the Concept 2 waiting list: https://www.concept2.com/indoor-rowers/ ... d-shipping

The wait is apparently 10 weeks.

By my math, it would cost about $1400 CAD (965 USD shipped + approx 106 CAD brokerage fee). Although, with the description of the brokerage fee on the website, I'm unsure if there are extra charges.
The 965 USD conversion depends on the exchange rate used by your credit card (plus a 2.5% conversion fee, unless you're using a no-fx fee card), and pretty sure there's your province's taxes that have to be added as well, ie 13% in Ontario. So I would say you're looking closer to $1600+ all in.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2373 posts
5225 upvotes
Markham
thenatureboy wrote: The 965 USD conversion depends on the exchange rate used by your credit card (plus a 2.5% conversion fee, unless you're using a no-fx fee card), and pretty sure there's your province's taxes that have to be added as well, ie 13% in Ontario. So I would say you're looking closer to $1600+ all in.
All credit cards pretty much use standard Visa or MC rates, which are very close to mid market rate. No one should really be paying 2.5% conversion fees when there are no annual fee fx-free cards.
Last edited by Dave510 on Jul 26th, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.