159 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto

Rogue Echo Bike

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Rogue Fitness
Rogue Echo Bike back in stock, around 150 units available...
Free shipping, $1,350.35 CAD total with HST included (Ontario).
This is the best assault-type bike in this price category, overbuilt and with maintenance-free belt drive.

Pros & Cons
9 Reasons To Buy

The most common phrase we hear from people regarding their Echo Bike is, “it’s like Rogue took one of their squat racks and made it into a bike.” It’s that beefy.
Weighing in at 127 LB, the Echo Bike rocks side to side very little even with the strongest athlete going all out on a sprint.
Pretty much everything is made of black powder-coated metal; from the frame to the fan blades.
The Echo features a belt-driven fan instead of the traditional chain-driven system that leads to quick stops and starts and much less maintenance.
The LCD console screen is easy to read and features every metric you’d want.
The bottom of the legs feature leveling feet that can be adjusted depending on what the floor is like in your gym.
Although beefier than most other bikes, the Echo Bike still only takes up 44.5” in length and 23.75’ in width.
The front wheels are oversized and heavy-duty which makes maneuvering the bike easy.
The Echo Bike is one of the better-looking air bikes on the market. This is objective, but the matte black powder-coat matches most other gym equipment.

4 Reasons Not To Buy

The overall size of the bike is bigger than pretty much every other air bike. This can be a negative or positive depending on your space and preferences.
The belt drive is overall harder to push than a chain drive like what’s on the Assault Bike. Users report the chain drive being easier to “ghost ride” including CrossFit Games Athlete Jason Khalipa.
The Echo Bike, although not the most expensive air bike on the market, certainly isn’t the cheapest.
One user reported that, “All the proportions on this bike feel much bigger than traditional air bikes. Smaller people can find difficulties with fit.”
32 replies
Oct 19, 2010
33 posts
Richmond Hill
Thanks.
I’ve been watching YouTube videos about this bike a few days ago and was considering buying it, but it was out of stock
Jan 18, 2021
23 posts
29 upvotes
Does anyone know if there are any advantages to a bike with air resistance vs. magnetic at the same price point? Other than there being higher profit margins for the company, that is...? Also, what in the hell does "overbuilt" even mean in this context?
Aug 20, 2018
191 posts
613 upvotes
CanuckWithABuck wrote: Does anyone know if there are any advantages to a bike with air resistance vs. magnetic at the same price point? Other than there being higher profit margins for the company, that is...? Also, what in the hell does "overbuilt" even mean in this context?
I think - although I’m not certain - it’s to do with the resistance. Theoretically, the harder you work, the harder the resistance that pushes back on you due to air resistance.

I’m holding fire on this as I figure it must be really loud. Looks amazing though.

Any owners comment on the volume of this? I have a magnetic stepper which is almost silent even at pace. I imagine this thing sounds like a jet?!
Feb 10, 2004
699 posts
87 upvotes
Mississauga
RandomGuy22 wrote: Any owners comment on the volume of this? I have a magnetic stepper which is almost silent even at pace. I imagine this thing sounds like a jet?!
It's belt driven (as opposed to chain driven like the Assault Air bike) so the drive system is pretty quiet. Most of the noise would be the wind coming off the wheel blades, but I don't find it super loud. Lots of youtube videos for you to hear for yourself.... It's a fantastic piece of kit
Jul 21, 2009
281 posts
164 upvotes
Ottawa/Gatineau
Echo Bike owner checking in. Prior to this, I owned an Assault Bike for 3 years and can't believe I didn't ditch it sooner. This bike is better in every conceivable category. The Assault Bike would rattle, creak shake when you really put the pedal to the metal, this one doesn't budge an inch. For those asking about noise, this bike is EXTREMELY quiet because it's belt driven whereas the Assault Bike is chain drive. Granted it's not as whisper quiet as say a Peloton but the Echo is very, very quiet. For $1350 you are getting a product that will likely outlive you and your family, it's literally BOMB PROOF and best of all, virtually no maintenance required. I will say this, if you're looking for a bike to pedal on for 20-30 minutes at a time, look elsewhere. You can do steady state cardio on this but where it realty shines is in quick burst ALL OUT effort intervals (think 20 seconds on/10 seconds off Tabata style intervals), you will never out pedal the fan and the bike ALWAYS wins. Rogue has legendary customer service and their products are incredibly well built. Best of all, if the bike isn't your thing, you can pretty much recoup most/if not all your price on the secondary market, their products hold their value incredibly well. If you have other questions about the bike, feel free to ask and I'd be happy to answer.
Aug 20, 2018
191 posts
613 upvotes
Maddog wrote: It's belt driven (as opposed to chain driven like the Assault Air bike) so the drive system is pretty quiet. Most of the noise would be the wind coming off the wheel blades, but I don't find it super loud. Lots of youtube videos for you to hear for yourself.... It's a fantastic piece of kit
Thanks! Yeah I’ve seen a few YouTube videos on it but it’s always tough to assess volume well on video - although even on them it seems like it is loud. As you mentioned, I think it’s mainly the fan that’d generate volume - but that fan looks like an absolute beast.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
1889 posts
2356 upvotes
GTA
CanuckWithABuck wrote: Does anyone know if there are any advantages to a bike with air resistance vs. magnetic at the same price point? Other than there being higher profit margins for the company, that is...? Also, what in the hell does "overbuilt" even mean in this context?
Magnetic will be a constant resistance at whatever you set it to, regardless of your speed.
Air/fan will increase resistance as you pedal faster; faster = moving more air = more energy needed to move more air; slower = moving less air = less energy needed

It's similar to the Concept2 and other air rowers vs. magnetic rowers (like Echelon).
Oct 19, 2010
33 posts
Richmond Hill
twostepdrew wrote: Echo Bike owner checking in. Prior to this, I owned an Assault Bike for 3 years and can't believe I didn't ditch it sooner. This bike is better in every conceivable category. The Assault Bike would rattle, creak shake when you really put the pedal to the metal, this one doesn't budge an inch. For those asking about noise, this bike is EXTREMELY quiet because it's belt driven whereas the Assault Bike is chain drive. Granted it's not as whisper quiet as say a Peloton but the Echo is very, very quiet. For $1350 you are getting a product that will likely outlive you and your family, it's literally BOMB PROOF and best of all, virtually no maintenance required. I will say this, if you're looking for a bike to pedal on for 20-30 minutes at a time, look elsewhere. You can do steady state cardio on this but where it realty shines is in quick burst ALL OUT effort intervals (think 20 seconds on/10 seconds off Tabata style intervals), you will never out pedal the fan and the bike ALWAYS wins. Rogue has legendary customer service and their products are incredibly well built. Best of all, if the bike isn't your thing, you can pretty much recoup most/if not all your price on the secondary market, their products hold their value incredibly well. If you have other questions about the bike, feel free to ask and I'd be happy to answer.
Thanks. You sold me lol.

Do you use the heart rate monitor on the bike?
I read it only connects to certain devices
Any idea if it lol connect to an Apple Watch?
Feb 10, 2004
699 posts
87 upvotes
Mississauga
ilnas wrote: Thanks. You sold me lol.

Do you use the heart rate monitor on the bike?
I read it only connects to certain devices
Any idea if it lol connect to an Apple Watch?
The Echo bike doesn't support bluetooth or ANT+. To connect to the Echo bike display you'll need an HRM strap that transmits 5Khz, something like a Polar H9 or H10
Nov 20, 2016
222 posts
139 upvotes
get the wind guard when back in stock for sure.
Jun 7, 2013
330 posts
199 upvotes
KANATA
Mine arrived 5 days ago.

Basically I jump on it for a 1min light warm up and then do a 20/10sec interval cycle (default 8 intervals) = 4min. At a reasonable effort my heart rate hits 100 (garmin watch.. Im not wearing a chest strap).

Then I break get my weights all setup and do another 4min. I can't do 2x4min on legs days because I'm almost wabling because of how strenuous this bike is.

There is a steeeeeep exponential effort curve... 25mph is a good effort and then any harder and you prob can't go longer than 30sec if your life depended on it. I coughed a lung up the first time I tried it and pushed to the max without any warm up.

It's a nice piece but the display is old school. Don't buy this if ur a peleton kind of guy or the kind of person that wants all fancy equipment but barely works out. After 5 days it will be hard to convince yourself to jump on this death machine...its for people who want to beat themselves up, a great quick pre workout.

This is not ideal for long sessions (handles always move). It is for interval training no matter what you read. It does not replace a 30min jog for example.

The seat is beautiful btw.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
1889 posts
2356 upvotes
GTA
The only bad thing about the Echo is it’s computer which is about 20 year old tech. You can track with your own watch, but you don’t get the Echo data.
5kHz Polar was common ages ago, but only a few Polar straps support it now.
No ability to transfer workouts to anything else from the Echo computer is also old school.

I’m really surprised they never updated it.
Jun 7, 2013
330 posts
199 upvotes
KANATA
karlb wrote: The only bad thing about the Echo is it’s computer which is about 20 year old tech. You can track with your own watch, but you don’t get the Echo data.
5kHz Polar was common ages ago, but only a few Polar straps support it now.
No ability to transfer workouts to anything else from the Echo computer is also old school.

I’m really surprised they never updated it.
I just mark it as a garmin "cardio" activity, which I guess you could then edit and describe what you did (avg speed for what interval session) ... But who are you competing against...it's not like running a 5k and tracking your pace against friends.

I'd prob compare heart rate graph every three months for the same activity (see if you either keep heart rate equal while getting a faster avg speed or etc..)
Jan 27, 2011
434 posts
199 upvotes
This thing will whoop your ass. Not for the faint of heart. I wish I had space for it. 2 mins on it at max intensity and you'll be huffing and puffing and crying to yo momma.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
1889 posts
2356 upvotes
GTA
carksey wrote: I just mark it as a garmin "cardio" activity, which I guess you could then edit and describe what you did (avg speed for what interval session) ... But who are you competing against...it's not like running a 5k and tracking your pace against friends.

I'd prob compare heart rate graph every three months for the same activity (see if you either keep heart rate equal while getting a faster avg speed or etc..)
I also realized after I posted that for a HIIT activity, it's generally a shorter duration, so you're not as likely to compare times (like you said for a 5k). Still I could see people wanting to compare their progress over time, without needing to manually enter speed, distance or watts. Even in 2017 when it came out, BT was pretty common and cheap already, but I guess since the Assault Bike didn't have it back then, they also didn't feel the need to bother with that and have to support pairing and an app. I suspect at some point there will be an upgrade where it will get added, if for no other reason than the Assault Bike now has BT.
Jan 25, 2021
2 posts
Just received the bike last week. Very well built and seat is 10x more comfortable over assault bike at the gym. I don’t want to do cardio for 20 minutes so this bike makes it quick and efficient. Technology wise lacking but doesn’t bother me.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2002
4131 posts
94 upvotes
Hamilton
Damn. Wish Rogue did more free shipping. This is a great deal.

PS I have one since they launched. It is killer.