Shopping Discussion

Are 'Roll Up The Rim' tabs still accepted at Tim's?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2018 7:50 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2009
1195 posts
578 upvotes
Vancouver

Are 'Roll Up The Rim' tabs still accepted at Tim's?

For whatever reason, I was under the assumption that Tim Horton's honored 'Roll Up The Rim' winning tabs year-round. But yesterday, when I rummaged up an old one I found in a drawer and tried to get a free coffee, they told me it's no longer valid.
19 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16850 posts
5318 upvotes
Markham
http://insidetimmies.com/2017/02/01/201 ... d-figures/
Start Date: February 1, 2017
End date: April 14th (or while supplies last, whichever occurs first.)
Last date to claim prizes: May 4, 2017 at11:59:59 p.m. ET or store closing
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16850 posts
5318 upvotes
Markham
ROLL UP THE RIM TO WIN® SPECIAL EDITION 150 CONTEST – CANADA 2017
Start Date: June 28, 2017
End date: July 21 (or while supplies last, whichever occurs first.)
Last date to claim prizes: July 31, 2017 at11:59:59 p.m. ET or store closing
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
May 26, 2002
1876 posts
432 upvotes
That's really sh*t for expiry date. I can understand for the big prizes but for the food prizes it's dumb when I've seen some Tim's still giving out those tab cups. The Tim's I always goto did accept my tab after the 31st but that's probably due to being a regular. I guess you can just keep the winning tabs until the next roll up the rim.

-LeeBear
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2004
3054 posts
170 upvotes
WTH usually it's about another month to redeem prizes. The last roll up the rim sucked.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3187 posts
2853 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
drew4008 wrote: For whatever reason, I was under the assumption that Tim Horton's honored 'Roll Up The Rim' winning tabs year-round. But yesterday, when I rummaged up an old one I found in a drawer and tried to get a free coffee, they told me it's no longer valid.
Yup, subject to the terms of the contest, prizes must be redeemed by a certain date.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3187 posts
2853 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
tmpz wrote: WTH usually it's about another month to redeem prizes. The last roll up the rim sucked.
The last promo was a short term bonus promo, so while they didn't have the cars and everything, it was still a nice little bit of fun.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Jul 13, 2015
232 posts
108 upvotes
Ontario
One thing to do is order what you want, and then pull out the roll up tab after they finish it when you go to pay, then if they say the tabs are expired then it's a choice of them throwing out the products (they cannot put bakery items back for sale once they have put them in a bag) or just giving you them.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4497 posts
3406 upvotes
Edmonton
drew4008 wrote: For whatever reason, I was under the assumption that Tim Horton's honored 'Roll Up The Rim' winning tabs year-round. But yesterday, when I rummaged up an old one I found in a drawer and tried to get a free coffee, they told me it's no longer valid.
Just hang on to it until the nest round of Roll Up and you can cash it then.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4135 upvotes
Ottawa
starchoice wrote: Just hang on to it until the nest round of Roll Up and you can cash it then.
Was about to post the same thing. you're a genius dude.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10706 posts
3367 upvotes
yeah I found a donut in my desk from 3-4 years ago, I compared it to this years tab and it was the same, so I used it this year.
Jul 1, 2017
31 posts
9 upvotes
I unknowingly gave the drive through attendant a free coffee tab from last year. I found it in the glove box and thought it was new. Attendant called the manager and he refused to give me the coffee in his hand. He said he would rather pour it down the sink than cave in to giving it away for free. So down the sink it went.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2008
2193 posts
2061 upvotes
Winnipeg
Wilbour1 wrote: I unknowingly gave the drive through attendant a free coffee tab from last year. I found it in the glove box and thought it was new. Attendant called the manager and he refused to give me the coffee in his hand. He said he would rather pour it down the sink than cave in to giving it away for free. So down the sink it went.
Mean you actually waited and line and wasted everyones time to throw it out? Pay the damn person the $3 and move on. lol
:arrow: "Proudly Serving The RFD Community"
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4497 posts
3406 upvotes
Edmonton
Wilbour1 wrote: I unknowingly gave the drive through attendant a free coffee tab from last year. I found it in the glove box and thought it was new. Attendant called the manager and he refused to give me the coffee in his hand. He said he would rather pour it down the sink than cave in to giving it away for free. So down the sink it went.
How was the tab distinguished being an old one? They seem identical. I know that when I give in a tab, they barely glance at it.
Jul 1, 2017
31 posts
9 upvotes
The manager showed me how the colors below the prize designation were different. I had cut it out of the cup in a triangle shape with scissors to keep it neat.

I had forgotten my wallet and thought I could use the tab for a needed coffee. Wasn't even a large or xtra large as I cannot drink that much.
Jul 1, 2017
31 posts
9 upvotes
window shopper wrote: Mean you actually waited and line and wasted everyones time to throw it out? Pay the damn person the $3 and move on. lol
To be honest the manager dumped it out not me. He wouldn't accept my free coffee tab and I couldn't find my wallet.

I do appreciate your sense of humor though lol
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20523 posts
5858 upvotes
Scarberia
Wilbour1 wrote: To be honest the manager dumped it out not me. He wouldn't accept my free coffee tab and I couldn't find my wallet.

I do appreciate your sense of humor though lol
so u drove without a drivers license as well?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jul 1, 2017
31 posts
9 upvotes
Ahhemmm. No your Honor. I believe my wallet had fallen out of my coat pocket and landed under the drivers seat.

The story was relayed in the present tense and at the time I had thought I forgot the wallet when in fact it was with me in the car the whole time.

So technically I lost my wallet in the car but didn't drive without my licence.

Very astute of you to question that.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15131 upvotes
LOL why on Earth would you assume such a thing? What other retailer has promos/contests that have no expiry date and are honoured perpetually?