• Feb 24th, 2007 2:58 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 15, 2005
317 posts
1 upvote
Toronto

Romantic Restaurants in Toronto

My boyfriend and I are looking for a romantic restaurant to dine at. Any suggestions?

Just wondering if you've been to a restaurant called MoDo (122 Avenue Rd) ?? What are your thoughts about the place?

Thanks!! :)
41 replies
Sep 17, 2005
220 posts
How much are you willing to spend?

I recently went to Jamie Kennedy Wine Bar for a not-too-expensive dinner with my partner, and it was great. It came out to about $120 for both of us, with a half litre of wine. They have small plates, so the idea is to get a bunch and share. The dishes are in the $5-14 range. I think they have a sample menu on their website:

http://www.jkkitchens.com/winebar.html
Eschew obfuscation.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
6239 posts
164 upvotes
Either Il Fornello or Snug Harbor in oakville are amazing places to go. Try Il Fornello though its very classy, and quite reasonably priced.
RFD's Resident Ol' School Rap Guru
No, you're not entitled to your own opinion, you're only entitled to what you can argue for.
Otherwise, don't start.

*VESTAX* PMC-05PROIII Battle Mixer for sale!!
Oct 13, 2001
482 posts
32 upvotes
misskaren wrote:My boyfriend and I are looking for a romantic restaurant to dine at. Any suggestions?

Just wondering if you've been to a restaurant called MoDo (122 Avenue Rd) ?? What are your thoughts about the place?

Thanks!! :)
Modo is pricey, but worth it ... great ambiance, great food and good service. You can even request private booth tables that add a nice sense of romance.

Forget the chains like Il Fornello or a joke of a restaurant like Snug Harbour.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1299 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond Hill
MkmBandit wrote:Either Il Fornello or Snug Harbor in oakville are amazing places to go. Try Il Fornello though its very classy, and quite reasonably priced.
i 2nd that, Il Fornello has probably the lowest prices for the atmosphere that you get. its on yonge, south of 16th. very close to silvercity richmond hill if you want a place to eat before/after the movie.

if you have a lot of money .. try 360 at the CN tower.. went there today(not saying i have money, probably only time ill go until i get a job), was great. the food is average, but you can't beat their view ... heh.
May 16, 2006
8 posts
thanks for the info about restaurants..I eat indoor, but after chekin this..I'm having an urge to chek the restaurants!! hehe.. cya
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
6239 posts
164 upvotes
Sinical wrote:Forget the chains like Il Fornello or a joke of a restaurant like Snug Harbour.
Easy does it. Dont hate because you've never been there. Il Fornello isn't just some other chain, and Snug harbor is owned by a Canadian billionaire who earned his money off 3 restaurants. THREE restaurants.. Over a billion dollars... Go there before you talk out your a$$
No, you're not entitled to your own opinion, you're only entitled to what you can argue for.
Otherwise, don't start.

Apr 25, 2006
316 posts
WOW theres plenty. Nice romantic places. I always love going to the Distillery district they got some quiet lil places in there. Remys is nice. Avenue @ Haytt I think thats what it's call is very nice. Fifth, well back in the day it was nice and good, havent been in ages. Then again everyone has their own opinion of romantic. Mine is just spending it with your love one, just holding hands... i dont know..
Aug 15, 2005
317 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
ReadyForDEALS wrote:WOW theres plenty. Nice romantic places. I always love going to the Distillery district they got some quiet lil places in there. Remys is nice. Avenue @ Haytt I think thats what it's call is very nice. Fifth, well back in the day it was nice and good, havent been in ages. Then again everyone has their own opinion of romantic. Mine is just spending it with your love one, just holding hands... i dont know..
Aww.. that's cute! I just want the atmosphere to be nice (dim/candlelit).

I've been to Il Fornello's, it's too loud to be romantic. But it does have good food.

As for the 360, the view isn't THAT great. If you are looking for the perfect view of toronto... go check out PANORAMA, now there's a place worth going to!

I read bad reviews about MoDo... so I'm kind of iffy about going there...

Keep the suggestions coming!! Thanks everyone :)
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1299 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond Hill
misskaren wrote:
As for the 360, the view isn't THAT great. If you are looking for the perfect view of toronto... go check out PANORAMA, now there's a place worth going to!
ive been to panorama .. its basically the same cept 360 is a lot taller, and you don't have to deal with bad weather to get a good view.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
3191 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
I can't believe no one has said Scaramouche yet. When you make your reservations, ask for a window seat (but they go fast). It's a beautiful view of the city, and the food and service is fantastic.

Mains start in the $40s, so we only go for very special occasions.

http://www.scaramoucherestaurant.com/
Aug 15, 2005
317 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
chococrazy wrote:I can't believe no one has said Scaramouche yet. When you make your reservations, ask for a window seat (but they go fast). It's a beautiful view of the city, and the food and service is fantastic.

Mains start in the $40s, so we only go for very special occasions.

http://www.scaramoucherestaurant.com/
Oh yes! I've checked that place out too! Do you recommend the Dining menu or the Grill menu?
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2004
2301 posts
My vote is for Celestin or Auberge Du Pommier.
Both are very intimate... and the food is great.
"Feelin' okay this mornin', and you know,
We're on the road to paradise...Here we go"
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
6239 posts
164 upvotes
twboy1999 wrote:canoe?
I second that.. But Canoe can be mighty pricey.
Otherwise, don't start.