Hot Deals

Rona

50% off on Kobalt equipment - Electric 1700PSI Pressure washer, 80V Lawn Mower, 80V Cordless String Trimmer blower combo

[OP]
Jan 18, 2021
33 posts
198 upvotes

[Rona] 50% off on Kobalt equipment - Electric 1700PSI Pressure washer, 80V Lawn Mower, 80V Cordless String Trimmer blower combo

Images
  • 2021_10_15_11_23_32_Search_Results_RONA.jpg
  • 2021_10_15_11_25_17_Search_Results_RONA.jpg
32 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
9902 posts
2375 upvotes
Edmonton
lol...lawn mower headlights.
I get it for a snowblower due to winter daylight hours, but are you mowing your lawn at night?
Oct 31, 2018
242 posts
542 upvotes
4330 Adelaide St Tor…
A solid deal for the Pressure Washer, reviews look good as well
However it shows the regular price for me when I select my store, anyway to sort out which stores have it on sale?
Lehmann L
Oct 31, 2010
755 posts
637 upvotes
Edmonton
miltonmichael wrote: A solid deal for the Pressure Washer, reviews look good as well
However it shows the regular price for me when I select my store, anyway to sort out which stores have it on sale?
I have the pressure washer and have been really happy with it. Use it for cleaning my deck and sidewalks.
Mar 1, 2021
8 posts
1 upvote
On the website, The price seems to show regular yet there’s a big clearance sign on the image. Well regardless they’re all out of stock.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
3149 posts
2627 upvotes
BC
clseea wrote: lol...lawn mower headlights.
I get it for a snowblower due to winter daylight hours, but are you mowing your lawn at night?
Daylight lights for cars...for mowers, In case you mow into someone when not looking! Lol...Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye

Give those pedestrians some extra notice!
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2746 posts
922 upvotes
Managed to get a pressure washer, need to go pick it up 25km away. Pickup only nomoarcel service. Truck delivery is $70
Aug 25, 2009
347 posts
293 upvotes
I was able to reserve the mower for ISPU at Saint-Laurent (Montreal) location. Seems to be 22 in stock at this location for the clearance price ($379)
Aug 25, 2009
347 posts
293 upvotes
If you want the self-propelled model, you can get it for $429.
Change the store to Pierrefond.
Search for kobalt mower 80v.
From the search results page, add to cart. You will not be able to add to cart from the item's page. (YMMV - stocktrack shows 3 in stock at this Pierrefond location)
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2841 posts
1533 upvotes
hahaha, yes I bought this mower and wondered the same thing. I've since noticed that a lot of electric mowers have the same thing.

The only thing I can think of is using the mower to bag leaves in late fall... it often gets dark while I'm doing this so I suppose the light might be helpful?

Also annoyingly, the light cannot be turned off... I know it doesnt use much power, but very unnecessary.

Anyone considering the mowers - I watched reviews and saw mixed feedback on the self-propel feature, so I bought the $379 one. I really like it but the RPM is obviously slower than my gas mower, so I feel the need to walk a little slower than usual during normal grass length. Mowing thicker grass, the motor spins up and works well. The mower is much quieter than my gas mower, but is louder than I expected. With the 5Ah battery included with the $379 mower, I can mow my lawn and my neighbour's (each 60'x120') lawns between 2 and 3 times between charges.
Oct 27, 2011
165 posts
193 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Just picked up a power washer from Coquitlam. Still 6 left when I was there.
Apr 12, 2013
658 posts
631 upvotes
BC
Am I right Rona no longer ships stuff like this, just local truck delivery?
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2746 posts
922 upvotes
AndrewBond wrote: Am I right Rona no longer ships stuff like this, just local truck delivery?
I feel like local stores never really ship stuff out, parcel service is for stuff available straight from their warehouses, no?
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
36093 posts
4636 upvotes
Winnipeg
freak4Deal wrote: The lawn mower is OOS everywhere
indeed
WTB amazon gc @90%
Dec 2, 2015
30 posts
4 upvotes
Macdonald, MB
I managed to get the self-propelled mower for $429 on Sunday at the Winnipeg South Rona. Was last one and I think no more in Wpg now.

The Rona guy assured me that although this was a clearance, it was an end of season clearance and this model was not being discontinued so availability of replacement battery shouldn't be an issue. And if it is an issue I figure at this price if I can get 5 years out of it I'll be fine with that.

Did front and back lawn yesterday and picked up heavy amount of Maple leaves in back. Did an amazing job, yard looks vacuumed, literally got every leaf. Has a ton of power and the battery is still showing 3 green LEDs so somewhere between 70% and fully charged, but my lawns are not that big.

Really love the self propelled feature. At top speed you need to jog but mid speed is perfect for fast walk. Even has cruise control. You can engage self propel by holding down thumb buttons or lock it on with cruise control button. My wife tried it and said she'll cut the grass now too. Nice!

Also looks like the quality of the cut is much better than my 16 year old gas Lawn Boy. Very even and uniform with the new mower, like I said, lawn looks more like a carpet now. But must admit I never sharpened the blade on the lawn boy once in 16 years. Probably had alot to do with it.

I had only two issues...

1. The power cut out 3 times during cutting. Had to release and restart. No big deal pushing a button but a minor annoyance. I think it had something to do with the angle the mower was at when it cut out. It may have an auto shutoff if inclined. Going to call customer service to investigate.

2. When you release the self propel you can't immediately pull back on the mower. The mower stops but it's like the system stays "in gear" for about 5 secs before it releases and then you can drag the mower backward. This is annoying for instance when you get to a fence and want to pull back and turn around. You need to release and wait 5 secs. I found myself not using self propel when cutting around trees for example where you do more mower manoeuvring. But on straight aways its fine, you just need to get used to releasing a few feet before you want to pull back and turn around. Going to ask customer support about this too.

Overall seems like good quality, was fun to use and a great buy at the clearance price of $429.
Feb 26, 2017
24 posts
17 upvotes
I’ve been using the headlights on my EGO lawn mower to cut the grass late into the evening… sometimes that’s the only time I have to cut the grass… don’t think I would go back to a lawn mower without lights, they definitely help at dusk.
Aug 17, 2018
287 posts
189 upvotes
Saw self-propelled v80 $429 one on the floor (box just sitting between aisles might have been a return) in Lowes in Mississauga couple of days ago. There's couple of standard 80v lawnmowers $379 in Lowes in Markham (up on top) and about 6-8 trimmer - blower combo kits $239 and also one single trimmer for $159. This is right now info.
Also saw few of those standard lawnmowers 80v in Scarborough Lowes and Rona. I think one each.
The trimmers with quick charger the $299 are still around almost everywhere because of price difference between regular charger and it, so people are not buying it as much. Edit: also this model is multi-attachment capable, as the motor is on the body and not the head.