Expired Hot Deals

[Rona] Black & Decker Random Orbital Sander $25.11 YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2018 10:53 pm
[OP]
Member
Apr 15, 2012
237 posts
299 upvotes

[Rona] Black & Decker Random Orbital Sander $25.11 YMMV

Certain Rona locations have the Black & Decker Random Orbital Sander BDERO600 on sale for $25.11 this week. A well reviewed sander for the price.

Picked up one at the Coquitlam Rona yesterday and there were 2 left.
Images
  • Screenshot_20180204-193801.png
8 replies
Sr. Member
Jul 11, 2017
653 posts
784 upvotes
Great deal on a throw away sander thanks!
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1366 posts
799 upvotes
ottawa
Jon Lai wrote: Any reason you need a throwaway sander? They don't typically break and can last a long time.
Good question - is there a better orbital sander thatwill last the test of time? I don't currently have one, but have some sanding to do here and there. Would this be a good buy or should I wait for a dewalt / milwaukee to go on sale?
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
45572 posts
6047 upvotes
Richmond Hill
barqers wrote: Good question - is there a better orbital sander thatwill last the test of time? I don't currently have one, but have some sanding to do here and there. Would this be a good buy or should I wait for a dewalt / milwaukee to go on sale?
I use the Bosch ROS10, which I got for $45 price matched at Lowes when Canadian Tire had it for $50. It shouldn't be tough to get it for under $60.

Sure it's double the price of this, but these things can last forever, so I would pay for a decent quality one.
Sr. Member
Sep 9, 2007
821 posts
184 upvotes
Surrey
How do you guys feel about single speed sanders?

Read a review saying this guy has to be pushed down to activate and it's fairly fatiguing.
[OP]
Member
Apr 15, 2012
237 posts
299 upvotes
i played a bit with the sander yesterday and it has a sliding lock to keep it on without having to press down using your palm
Sr. Member
Jan 4, 2013
541 posts
182 upvotes
Nutchos wrote: How do you guys feel about single speed sanders?

Read a review saying this guy has to be pushed down to activate and it's fairly fatiguing.
Has a lot of vibration also apparently. Sounds like for quick light sanding it would be ok but anything major it gives people vibration in the wrists.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
45572 posts
6047 upvotes
Richmond Hill
joe047 wrote: i played a bit with the sander yesterday and it has a sliding lock to keep it on without having to press down using your palm
Sounds like a bad design TBH. The Bosch I use has a switch to turn on and off, no pressure needed.

Top