Hot Deals

[Rona] Broil King BBQ's 25% off select models online only!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2020 3:37 pm
[OP]
Jul 21, 2019
22 posts
57 upvotes

[Rona] Broil King BBQ's 25% off select models online only!

Been looking for a bbq for a while now found out Rona has 25% off select Broil King bbq's. I picked up the Broil. King Regal 490 pro for $1100 taxes inc which I think is decent deal from what I've been seeing.

25% taken off once item added to cart. Not sure of deal stacks with other promo codes.

Link : https://www.rona.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/s ... rs=&page=1
Thread Summary
Vanilla88 wrote:
I was able to get HomeDepot to price match the BK Baron 490 NG and take 10% off.

Breakdown:
$899+tx (original price) - 25% discount = $674.25 - $67.43 (10% Price Match) = $606.83 +tx

This process should work with any BBQ that is at both Rona and HomeDepot.

STEPS
1. Find BBQ on Rona - copy link.
2. Find BBQ on HomeDepot - add to cart.
3. Select Chat Now (located in cart, under total price).
4. Wait for an Agent & follow their instructions.

NOTES
Shipping is FREE.
Payment is made online with the same Agent through a secure form.
Email confirmation within 15min of placing the order.
You'll receive two emails: one email with original price, one email with the adjusted price.
Your card is only charged once the product has shipped.
x
65 replies
Jun 11, 2016
807 posts
1122 upvotes
Shaknbake wrote: Been looking for a bbq for a while now found out Rona has 25% off select Broil King bbq's. I picked up the Broil. King Regal 490 pro for $1100 taxes inc which I think is decent deal from what I've been seeing.

25% taken off once item added to cart. Not sure of deal stacks with other promo codes.
Am shocked how BK's prices have gone up since day 1. I bought a Signet20 40k BTU when we first moved into this home 8 years ago and paid 299+tax which included installation and delivery.
Their 40k btu model now is 600-800$,

Just a heads up for potential buyers....determined last spring the unit was too rusted/deteriorated to use (even the main "tub" was somehow bent.
Since it was suppose to be a 10 year warranty I went back and forth w/ BK customer service for a good 3 months.
Their average email response rate was almost 8 business days so I gave up and got a Napoleon instead (and much happier)

Cheers, KH
[OP]
Jul 21, 2019
22 posts
57 upvotes
KravenHead wrote: Am shocked how BK's prices have gone up since day 1. I bought a Signet20 40k BTU when we first moved into this home 8 years ago and paid 299+tax which included installation and delivery.

Just a heads up for potential buyers....determined last spring the unit was too rusted/deteriorated to use (even the main "tub" was somehow bent.
Since it was suppose to be a 10 year warranty I went back and forth w/ BK customer service for a good 3 months.
Their average email response rate was almost 8 business days so I gave up and got a Napoleon instead (and much happier)

Cheers, KH
I heard good things about broil king, wanted a Weber but it would have been another 500 bucks for similar features. But as for broil King warranty I heard they only started the 10 year warranty about 2 years ago and that only 2017 and new models qualify for it.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
2550 posts
575 upvotes
Wow crazy. I was just about to buy the 440 NG for full price from Lowes($903 tax in). Just grabbed a 490 NG instead for $761 tax in!
Apr 8, 2007
648 posts
116 upvotes
Broil King® Sovereign XLS 90 Natural Gas BBQ - 50,000 BTU- broght it 2 years ago @990 tax in.

it was at a online store in Toronto and the had about 10% off coupons.

anyways, the price did went up quite bit.
Living in this big world, I have a little dream.
Nov 7, 2013
686 posts
448 upvotes
Ottawa
I love my Regal 490 Pro. Bought it at Lowe's for $999, and got it home to find the handle on the lid was dinged. Called up Broil King and they called Lowe's and told them to give me another lid without issue. I kept it as a spare and still use the dinged one until it gets more banged up.

Only issue is I wish I could keep the stainless steel grill cleaner. Crying Face
Last edited by aidendanger on Mar 28th, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6154 posts
3033 upvotes
Aurora
Good deal! I have a Regal 440 and it's running perfectly after 10 years and has no rust. Replaced the cast iron grates once (with GrillGrates). Broil King is SOLID.
Jan 7, 2010
73 posts
39 upvotes
Burlington
can this be price matched anywhere for further a discount?

Some stores do offer free assembly too which is important for BBQs
Feb 28, 2015
564 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto, ON
KravenHead wrote: Am shocked how BK's prices have gone up since day 1. I bought a Signet20 40k BTU when we first moved into this home 8 years ago and paid 299+tax which included installation and delivery.

Cheers, KH
I agree with you 100 %! I am on my 2nd set of cast iron grills, and temperature Guage, my 3rd ignition, and now a burner is going on my Signet 320. The Chinese cast iron is garbage, it doesn't matter how well you season them! Purchased from Lowes March 25, 2018.
Jun 11, 2016
807 posts
1122 upvotes
skoalman123 wrote: I agree with you 100 %! I am on my 2nd set of cast iron grills, and temperature Guage, my 3rd ignition, and now a burner is going on my Signet 320. The Chinese cast iron is garbage, it doesn't matter how well you season them! Purchased from Lowes March 25, 2018.
100% w/ you... The grills were replaced twice despite being well seasoned and maintained (time to replace when layers of metal were pealing off). Ignition never worked.
At the end the burners produced one large flame due to being corroded (I still have the emails/pictures archives while communicating w/ BK customer service).

Don't get me wrong.. it was a good BBQ and served me well but it just rusted way too fast. Just that is enough to swear off BK....and their poor CS sealed it.
Jan 15, 2017
133 posts
112 upvotes
On the other hand my stainless Baron 440 that I bought at 50% off from Target when they first opened in Canada is going strong still. Yes I had to replace the cast iron grills as they rusted apart. I bought a set of stainless grills instead (not from Broil King) which I have had a couple years and show no signs of deterioration. Moved from a place with no gas to a place with gas, drilled the orifices out myself to convert to gas which has also been great about 5 years ago. Pretty sure the unit is approaching 7 years old. Other than the grills, everything has worked perfectly and continues to work perfectly in spite of it being outside, with no cover, and with me doing no maintenance to it whatsoever. I think it was $299 when I bought it, they are a lot more now.
Last edited by tomadams on Mar 29th, 2020 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1594 posts
207 upvotes
Barrie
Doesn't appear to be working - was it one day only?
Amex Platinum and Gold Membership Rewards, Bonvoy, and Aeroplan help me travel on the cheap!
Dec 10, 2012
955 posts
586 upvotes
Richmond Hill
skoalman123 wrote: I agree with you 100 %! I am on my 2nd set of cast iron grills, and temperature Guage, my 3rd ignition, and now a burner is going on my Signet 320. The Chinese cast iron is garbage, it doesn't matter how well you season them! Purchased from Lowes March 25, 2018.
I bought an extras set of stainless steel grills, have lasted 12+ years, Broil King replaced my whole casting when corroded, there warranty like Weber is top notch.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
5634 posts
1359 upvotes

Cheers, KH
Same. I took a look for a friend who just bought a house and I couldn't believe the prices. Guess they are trying to turn into a luxury brand. I wonder if they are still made in North America. Years ago they gave that info on the product page but now it seems to have been removed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)