[Rona] Clearance: Worx Cordless Electric Lawn Mower - 40 V - 14" - $ 174 - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2019 2:16 am
[OP]
Jun 21, 2018
156 posts
68 upvotes

[Rona] Clearance: Worx Cordless Electric Lawn Mower - 40 V - 14" - $ 174 - YMMV

If you are looking for an electric lawn mower you can consider this one. It's pretty decent lawn mower. I've heard it takes long to charge batteries, but if you don't have a big backyard and can charge your batteries in advance this seems to be a good option.

Here are specs:
14" 40V Max Lithium-ion Cordless Mulching Lawn Mower with 2 removable 20V 4.0Ah Power Share batteries and Intellicut technology

INTELLICUT™ feature provides torque on demand for tougher conditions.

Mows up to 5,500 sq. ft on a single charge.

Lightweight and compact—easy to maneuver and easy to store.

Two 20V (4.0Ah) Power Share batteries deliver 40V of power to cut through the thickest, tallest grass.

Charge indicators right on the batteries tell you how much mow you have left to go.

Dual-port charger fills your batteries back up with juice in just an hour

You can also access reviews on the product link on manufacturer's website: https://www.worx.com/en_CA/40v-2x20v-co ... wg779.html
Last edited by vahk33 on Aug 26th, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16 replies
Nov 4, 2009
142 posts
20 upvotes
Newcastle, ON
Shows as $349 when I follow that link Slightly Frowning Face
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3441 posts
3889 upvotes
x1sst wrote: Shows as $349 when I follow that link Slightly Frowning Face
Rona's clearance is YMMV, it shows different prices based on store. Try the brampton one, and you will see the price.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
[OP]
Jun 21, 2018
156 posts
68 upvotes
PriceHunter wrote: Rona's clearance is YMMV, it shows different prices based on store. Try the brampton one, and you will see the price.
Thanks, updated the post to be clear about YMMV
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3441 posts
3889 upvotes
consumerPI wrote: 14 inches is way too small.
Its relative. If you talking about the lawn mower, then it depends on the size of your yard.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Oct 27, 2009
654 posts
441 upvotes
Hamilton
PriceHunter wrote: Its relative. If you talking about the lawn mower, then it depends on the size of your yard.
Obviously he meant relative to an average size lawn mower. And he's right. It's small.

I
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3441 posts
3889 upvotes
stimy wrote: Obviously he meant relative to an average size lawn mower. And he's right. It's small.

I
Sorry buddy, you must have missed the joke here ;).
Oct 27, 2009
654 posts
441 upvotes
Hamilton
PriceHunter wrote: Sorry buddy, you must have missed the joke here ;).
Right.. Got it now.

Good one.
Aug 10, 2013
472 posts
208 upvotes
Mississauga
vahk33 wrote: If you are looking for an electric lawn mower you can consider this one. It's pretty decent lawn mower. I've heard it takes long to charge batteries, but if you don't have a big backyard and can charge your batteries in advance this seems to be a good option.

Here are specs:
14" 40V Max Lithium-ion Cordless Mulching Lawn Mower with 2 removable 20V 4.0Ah Power Share batteries and Intellicut technology

INTELLICUT™ feature provides torque on demand for tougher conditions.

Mows up to 5,500 sq. ft on a single charge.

Lightweight and compact—easy to maneuver and easy to store.

Two 20V (4.0Ah) Power Share batteries deliver 40V of power to cut through the thickest, tallest grass.

Charge indicators right on the batteries tell you how much mow you have left to go.

Dual-port charger fills your batteries back up with juice in just an hour

You can also access reviews on the product link on manufacturer's website: https://www.worx.com/en_CA/40v-2x20v-co ... wg779.html
1)Too small
2)Not Brushless motor
3)2 batteries, what if one die?
I pass, thanks Op anyway!
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2015
1111 posts
741 upvotes
Nanaimo
Thanks OP, I ordered one. Also got a matching 20V trimmer+blower combo on ebay from worxcanada for $89.

Edit: just got an email this morning saying my order was canceled due to product unavailability Loudly Crying Face

Edit2: went into rona to ask if they can order it in, the guy checked the truck that just came in and they happened to get another one in stock, so he brought it out for me! Booyah, looking forward to not having to deal with gas or spend $500 on a battery powered one. Thanks again OP.
Last edited by S0lidus on Sep 9th, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1192 upvotes
Vancouver
let me use this to cut all year round
thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3258 posts
1779 upvotes
West Coast
consumerPI wrote: 14 inches is way too small.
Well I'm in trouble then...
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers