Expired Hot Deals

[Rona] Craftsman snowblowers (up to $400 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2018 8:44 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4810 posts
1605 upvotes
Kingston

[Rona] Craftsman snowblowers (up to $400 off)

Rona sells craftsman snowblowers now. Pretty good deals. Get one fast before the next storm comes.
Sale ends Jan 17

2-Stage Snowblower - 250 cc - 27"
$899 reg $1299
Model #1696576
https://www.rona.ca/en/2-stage-snowblow ... d-40135002

2-Stage Snowblower - 208 cc - 24"
$699 reg $899
Model #1696574
https://www.rona.ca/en/2-stage-snowblow ... d-40135005

1-Stage Snowblower - 208 cc - 22"
$449 reg $699
Model #1696784
https://www.rona.ca/en/1-stage-snowblow ... d-40135007
28 replies
Oct 3, 2016
18 posts
5 upvotes
With Craftsman being a Sears brand, and Sears Canada having bit the dust, I'd be very concerned about warranty, and ease of playing obtaining parts without having them shipped.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3331 upvotes
this is where saving a couple of hundred bucks on such a expensive product is probably not a good idea. especially being sears and all their products are overpriced right now to give the illusion of a sale.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2008
2518 posts
933 upvotes
Halifax
Even though Craftsman is under the Sears umbrella it is still a separate company/entity that may continue on for long after Sears is gone. MTD is the company that makes the snowblowers for Craftsman anyways. The $900 one actually looks exactly like (just different colours) the Briggs & Stratton I picked up from Lowe's for the same price (w/ pressure washer) on Black Friday.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
12219 posts
6756 upvotes
Brampton
The sad thing is you used to be able to get parts cheaper for your MTD blower via craftman(Sears Parts Direct) than getting actual MTD parts.
Dec 27, 2017
6 posts
3 upvotes
Craftsman brand was bought by Black And Decker last year.
Nov 8, 2007
582 posts
248 upvotes
As long as Stanley Black & Decker doesn't kill the brand due to poor sales, I imagine they will slowly take over parts and warranty.
Anything can happen so it's always a risk. I'm hoping my Craftsman lawnmower will last as long as my previous one.
Debating if I want to take a risk on the single stage... my 2-stage Briggs & Straton carb still gums up even after stabilizer and seasonal flush.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4810 posts
1605 upvotes
Kingston
Craftsman is now a Lowes/Rona brand. They partnered with them last year. Im not sure if they bought exclusive rights to the brand but every Lowes and Rona store will start carrying the brand this year. They will sell more then just the snowblowers too. Lawnmowers, tools etc. The warranty will be fine. It is obviously not going through sears anymore.

Also whether or not the sears stores have bad liquidation prices has nothing to do this sale. This is not a Sears sale and Craftsman no longer part of sears. I know the prices are not amazing drop everything and go. But the prices are good. Almost at cost.

I know very little sbout snowblowers but for what it's worth the one I saw did seem well built. Solid build all metal, well balanced, easy to tip back, easy to roll. Briggs and Stratton motor.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2125 posts
1005 upvotes
Ontario
Unless there is a huge discount, I would rather wait for Toro or Ariens to go on sale.
Currently happy customer with Telus and Freedom Mobile
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2001
3621 posts
96 upvotes
Thanks op! If I was in the market, I'd definitely be giving this a look.

I had priced out parts on my MTD built single stage craftsman last year, through Sears and online, it ended up I would be paying about a 35% premium to deal with Sears and get the parts through them.
What the H E double hockey sticks have I done now?
May 4, 2006
81 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
The price is good for the features you get..I checked the 250cc single stage craftsman before I bought it and it looked well built. I was talking to a neighbor who has a craftsman snowblower and said his has no issues. As someone mentioned earlier these units are all the same just made under different brand names..I believe Brute also has a similar unit. Personally I opted for the 250CC unit to tackle the end of driveway snow..the extra power will come in handy.
May 8, 2016
294 posts
328 upvotes
dakdar wrote: MTD makes the craftsman stuff, so parts in the future shouldn't be a problem

https://movingsnow.com/2012/whats-the-difference/
Good luck getting service from them though. I had a Sears snowblower with maybe 30 hours of use after 7 years and started to leak near the transmission. Because it was out of warranty, Sears refused to service it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
5246 posts
2612 upvotes
Ottawa
My Craftsman snowblower is 15 years old and works like a clock. Power steering and joystick chute controls still work as new. I replace belts and oil regularly and have had to replace a cable as well but I would absolutely not hesitate to buy another one - provided that they stick with B+S or Tecumseh.
Dec 27, 2012
79 posts
42 upvotes
Barrie
My Craftsman snowblower is 10 years old. Tecumseh 9hp. Easy to find parts online for less. Most shops have cross reference part catalogs for local part buys.
Nov 9, 2009
250 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
Katsiki wrote: Good luck getting service from them though. I had a Sears snowblower with maybe 30 hours of use after 7 years and started to leak near the transmission. Because it was out of warranty, Sears refused to service it.
Refused to work on it at all ? ( at your cost) Or refused to cover it under warranty ?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2516 posts
902 upvotes
Mississauga
dakdar wrote: Refused to work on it at all ? ( at your cost) Or refused to cover it under warranty ?
I'm sure a local small engine repair shops would look at it. Your expecting Sears to cover warranty on a 7 yr machine?
May 4, 2006
81 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
TLSRULZ wrote: I'm sure a local small engine repair shops would look at it. Your expecting Sears to cover warranty on a 7 yr machine?
I agree..its a bit unrealistic to expect a company to cover warranty on a 7 yr machine unless you have some type of extended warranty.