• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2020 10:21 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3674 posts
957 upvotes

[Rona] Free 530 CFM EGO Leaf Blower when you purchase EGO Snow Blower

For those who have invested into EGO battery powered tools at the recent blowout prices as Home Depot stop carrying the EGO line, Rona has listed the older 1 Stage snow blower for $899. This comes with 2x5.0 Ah batteries. From September 24, 2020 to Wednesday, January 27, 2021 online at rona.ca and while quantities last, it looks like you get a free 530 CFM leaf blower! If you did snag a tool only 530 CFM unit at Home Depot at $148, you are still within the return period to get a full refund. That brings the $899 down to $751, not too bad at 16% off.

For those who may not want the newer metal auger, this seems like a decent deal.

Who is in?

https://www.rona.ca/en/ego-power-peak-p ... 2-45595001
5 replies
Sep 15, 2015
639 posts
410 upvotes
Mooooonnn
I got the same deal last year, but along with 15% price match (rona was doing everything 15% off but they didn’t carry ego back then) managed to convince the store to do a PM of15% plus free blower.

Also, HD allows you to return the blower per proportionally as marked on the receipt “maximum return value” but I am not sure if rona allows you to return blower to further bring down the price

Lastly, some store in HD still has the snowblower, not sure if they have the same promo of free blower, but if they do, chances are prices may be cheaper, and even if not, it would be better to go with HD for their better return policy and cs
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Aug 13, 2018
27 posts
19 upvotes
Bought that deal the day before yesterday. The blower is missing and will get back in stock at my local store on October 13th. There is no free shipping so I will have to get there to get it or pay 70$ for shipping via Rona truck.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3674 posts
957 upvotes
At this point, for users who want the Ego snow blowers, looks like the plan is to wait for Rona to come up with a sale of some sort. What is this coupon that others have been holding on to just in case it works on a future Rona Ego sale?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
3734 posts
328 upvotes
Toronto
If you don't need the blower.

PM the snow blower at Lowe's for an extra 10% off, Home Depot has it for $796.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1708 posts
1427 upvotes
Montréal
I have to say fhe leaf blower has been very useful for cleaning up