[Rona] Greenworks 40V 20in Battery Powered Snow Blower $280

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2020 4:43 pm
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
725 posts
690 upvotes

[Rona] Greenworks 40V 20in Battery Powered Snow Blower $280

Starts tomorrow. Don't know much about it but seriously considering it.

Edit: PM at Rona with greenworks

https://www.rona.ca/en?utm_campaign=cj_ ... 580a24060c
Images
  • Screenshot_20200916-071727_Flipp.jpg
Last edited by tunda11 on Sep 16th, 2020 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
39 replies
Feb 1, 2013
119 posts
156 upvotes
Ottawa
Its cheaper at greenworkstools.ca for $279.99 but the return policy sucks.
Screenshot_20200916-073133_Chrome.jpg
Sep 9, 2014
585 posts
439 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I own the 80V 23” snowthrower. I don’t know if the 40V will do the job (not enough power). Curious to know if someone owns this model.

My 80V throws the snow far enough and gets the job done during heavy snowfalls.
Mar 19, 2019
44 posts
28 upvotes
Quebec
jgoedhard wrote: Its cheaper at greenworkstools.ca for $279.99 but the return policy sucks.
Is there a price match at Rona? This does not seem to be sold by Home Depot.
Virgin 25$ 5GB Unlimited / Virgin 50$ 6GB Unlimited
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7316 posts
650 upvotes
ericli007 wrote: I own the 80V 23” snowthrower. I don’t know if the 40V will do the job (not enough power). Curious to know if someone owns this model.

My 80V throws the snow far enough and gets the job done during heavy snowfalls.
How have you found it? I've been leery about cordless snowblowers because batteries don't normally do well in cold weather, curious as to how the power is on it, and how it handles heavy snow? I have the lawnmower with a couple batteries, if it made sense I could use that same battery platform for both.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
725 posts
690 upvotes
jgoedhard wrote: Its cheaper at greenworkstools.ca for $279.99 but the return policy sucks.
YannF39839 wrote: Is there a price match at Rona? This does not seem to be sold by Home Depot.
AT RONA, WE MATCH THE PRICE
HASSLE FREE
Is the price of a product offered at a competitor lower than the price of the identical product at your local RONA store? Upon presentation of satisfactory proof and while respecting certain conditions, we will MEET the competitor price!
Sep 9, 2014
585 posts
439 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Happy13178 wrote: How have you found it? I've been leery about cordless snowblowers because batteries don't normally do well in cold weather, curious as to how the power is on it, and how it handles heavy snow? I have the lawnmower with a couple batteries, if it made sense I could use that same battery platform for both.
I just want to get some technical terms accurate with you first. This is a snowTHROWER, not a snowBLOWER. The difference is snowBLOWER is a 2-stage machinery that throws and breaks ice. This is a snowTHROWER so it's a single-stage and only spits out the snow. So, if you're the type of person who lets the snow freeze/ice up, I don't recommend any electric snowthrower as there is no such thing as a electric snowblower.

I own Greenworks Pro 80V snowthrower 23", hedge trimmer, grass trimmer and lawn mower. Battery powered technology (like Tesla) are now very reliable.

How do they perform under cold weather? Very good. Your battery should be fully charged at home and once you run the snowthrower, it'll get warm so no issues with battery not running...
It handles the heavy snow because it's an 80V battery. This thread is selling the 40V battery-powered snowthrower. It won't be as "strong" (spitting out the snow) as well as the 80V one. In case you have difficulty understanding this, here's an analogy to help you better understand: a 1000 Horsepower car (equivalent to Voltage in my comparison) will accelerate and drive much faster than a Honda Civic (100 hp). I hope this helps you understand the concept of voltage (80V vs 40V).

If you own Greenworks Pro batteries, make sure they're the 40V one if you plan on buying THIS one (snowthrower 40V). For example, my 80V battery won't fit or power this 40V one...

Cheers!
Nov 15, 2006
527 posts
270 upvotes
Toronto
The blade looks plastic. Can plastic blades do the job?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7316 posts
650 upvotes
ericli007 wrote: I just want to get some technical terms accurate with you first. This is a snowTHROWER, not a snowBLOWER. The difference is snowBLOWER is a 2-stage machinery that throws and breaks ice. This is a snowTHROWER so it's a single-stage and only spits out the snow. So, if you're the type of person who lets the snow freeze/ice up, I don't recommend any electric snowthrower as there is no such thing as a electric snowblower.

I own Greenworks Pro 80V snowthrower 23", hedge trimmer, grass trimmer and lawn mower. Battery powered technology (like Tesla) are now very reliable.

How do they perform under cold weather? Very good. Your battery should be fully charged at home and once you run the snowthrower, it'll get warm so no issues with battery not running...
It handles the heavy snow because it's an 80V battery. This thread is selling the 40V battery-powered snowthrower. It won't be as "strong" (spitting out the snow) as well as the 80V one. In case you have difficulty understanding this, here's an analogy to help you better understand: a 1000 Horsepower car (equivalent to Voltage in my comparison) will accelerate and drive much faster than a Honda Civic (100 hp). I hope this helps you understand the concept of voltage (80V vs 40V).

If you own Greenworks Pro batteries, make sure they're the 40V one if you plan on buying THIS one (snowthrower 40V). For example, my 80V battery won't fit or power this 40V one...

Cheers!
Thanks for the clarification. I'm aware of the difference between 80 and 40 and lack of compatibility between the two, just wasn't sure if either of them would be up to the task in cold weather. My existing lawnmower is the 80V one, so the batteries should be cross compatible to the 80V one I see on the greenworks tools website...
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Jun 30, 2015
52 posts
83 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
Not sure if Rona can beat 10%, but most orders from Greenworks charge 5% tax only.
Sep 9, 2014
585 posts
439 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Happy13178 wrote: Thanks for the clarification. I'm aware of the difference between 80 and 40 and lack of compatibility between the two, just wasn't sure if either of them would be up to the task in cold weather. My existing lawnmower is the 80V one, so the batteries should be cross compatible to the 80V one I see on the greenworks tools website...
Yes it will be cross compatible. Just to be sure, you can check the specification sheet on greenworkstools.ca website.
Dec 4, 2011
197 posts
56 upvotes
Gta
ericli007 wrote: I just want to get some technical terms accurate with you first. This is a snowTHROWER, not a snowBLOWER. The difference is snowBLOWER is a 2-stage machinery that throws and breaks ice. This is a snowTHROWER so it's a single-stage and only spits out the snow. So, if you're the type of person who lets the snow freeze/ice up, I don't recommend any electric snowthrower as there is no such thing as a electric snowblower.

Cheers!
Do you have a link to the 80V 23" snowblower? I can only find the 22". Thanks
Jun 25, 2020
64 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto, ON
OP - why not the 80v 21inch one? it was for $315. PM at rona if you want