Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rona, Home Depot

Dewalt DWE6423K 5in Random Orbit Sander $63.64

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2018 11:25 pm
Dec 26, 2017
260 posts
374 upvotes

Dewalt DWE6423K 5in Random Orbit Sander $63.64

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
53%
Expiry:
February 23, 2018
Retailer:
Rona, Home Depot
Dewalt Variable Speed Orbit Sander - 5" - 3A

Going for $63.64 at Rona for in store pickup but I price matched + %10 at through home depot online chat and its being shipped to me for a total of $60.14 including GST (Alberta) Gotta love Home Depot free shipping!
I've been watching and waiting for amazon to drop this sander below $80 again so this is a hot deal to me! And for those wondering its a lower price than ever recorded on triple C as well.
53 replies
Jun 12, 2016
715 posts
319 upvotes
Mississauga
great price! Can this tool be used for applying polish and compound on a car?
Dec 26, 2017
260 posts
374 upvotes
It's meant for wood sanding mainly. I mean i'm sure you could rig up something that would work but usually car polishers spin at much lower RPMs to prevent damage to the paint.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
What's the best type of sander to use for sanding down furniture?
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
3155 posts
12777 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
Reno depot has 20% off this week, not sure if its gonna work with a 20% off, in worst case renot depot will beat it by 15%.

Lowest on amazon was $59.99 https://ca.***************.com/DEWALT-D ... ext=search
Last edited by Rlcky on Feb 23rd, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rogers Unlimited Province, 12gb $39/month!
Dec 26, 2017
260 posts
374 upvotes
This type is great for all purpose furniture sanding, then there's the "mouse" type that can get the hard to get spots or the flat type for large areas. Belt sanders are good if there is lots of varnish involved but I would use a varnish/paint stripper first anyways. I actually use my Dewalt oscillating tool as my mouse sander and it works great for that purpose too!
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
2064 posts
733 upvotes
Edmonton
I have this one. it works well. I would say do a PM somewhere to go cheaper even. very good deal.
R U PACKIN HEAT?
Dec 26, 2017
260 posts
374 upvotes
My bad, I checked the first couple pages and didn't see anything at the time. Still a great deal!
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3567 posts
3194 upvotes
Anyone know a good deal on sanding discs for this? I have it but haven't found a good cheap source for them.

Thinking of trying the "gold" coloured ones on amazon but would love recommendations if anyone has them.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
not sure if I really need an orbital sander but wth, it's ON SALE!!! gonna go PM with my local HD. thanks op
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
Price shows $119.
Nevermind, looks like you need to try different stores, not all have this price.
Aug 27, 2006
817 posts
376 upvotes
Delta
Any find a store out west with this price? So far only seen the eastern stores offering this.

NVM, apparently only a couple locations aren't offering this price and they are the ones closest to me
Last edited by Spud387 on Feb 23rd, 2018 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
:twisted: In order to save money, you must spend money. :twisted:
Dec 26, 2017
260 posts
374 upvotes
Check the OP, Rona has this price nationwide. PM with home depot, also nationwide for additional discount. Pick up instore or order online with HD

Edit: I picked a store in Toronto and I see Rona varies in price so YMMV
Last edited by mcmax20 on Feb 23rd, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 27, 2006
817 posts
376 upvotes
Delta
mcmax20 wrote: Check the OP, Rona has this price nationwide. PM with home depot, also nationwide for additional discount. Pick up instore or order online with HD
Richmond, BC & Tsawwassen, BC are $95 for some reason.
:twisted: In order to save money, you must spend money. :twisted:
Jan 5, 2007
453 posts
244 upvotes
aquariaguy wrote: What's the best type of sander to use for sanding down furniture?
Definitely not a pro here but it depends on what you are doing. I would use an orbital for finishing before painting for example. For rough sanding I would use a belt sander. If I bought a large slab of hardwood for a table top, I would bring to a woodworking place where they can plane it flat.

I have this orbital from the last sale. I find it much more useful than my quarter sheet sander for my purposes and the vibrations don't make my hand go numb. Even though the dust collection is good remember to use a respirator especially if you are doing a lot of sanding.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4594 posts
19429 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
would this be good for drywall sanding too?
Apr 7, 2014
186 posts
122 upvotes
Kirkland, QC
from instruction manual:
NOTE: These sanders are not to be used in drywall applications. Using a sanding screen (e.g.,
screen used for sanding drywall) directly on the hook and loop pad will not hold and will damage
the hooks on the pad. The hooks on the pad will wear very rapidly if left in contact with the work
surface while the tool is operating.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
Dex wrote: Definitely not a pro here but it depends on what you are doing. I would use an orbital for finishing before painting for example. For rough sanding I would use a belt sander. If I bought a large slab of hardwood for a table top, I would bring to a woodworking place where they can plane it flat.

I have this orbital from the last sale. I find it much more useful than my quarter sheet sander for my purposes and the vibrations don't make my hand go numb. Even though the dust collection is good remember to use a respirator especially if you are doing a lot of sanding.
Have an old ugly dresser, that I wanted to sand down, and maybe paint/varnish.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Feb 23, 2010
504 posts
236 upvotes
EDMONTON
LauD14 wrote: great price! Can this tool be used for applying polish and compound on a car?
no no no no absolutely no! If you are on a budget the the Meguirs drill attachment, otherwise get a real polisher. Don't screw up the paint!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)