[Rona] Honeywell TowerFan 40" 5 speed $63.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2020 10:18 am
[OP]
Nov 18, 2012
921 posts
529 upvotes

[Rona] Honeywell TowerFan 40" 5 speed $63.99

I was looking to get 2 more of these after being very pleased and googled the model name, rona is the only place under 79.99$ Free shipping as well.
Last edited by TomRFD on May 26th, 2020 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added price to title
25 replies
Aug 25, 2018
105 posts
43 upvotes
Is this good? I need a fan. Reviews are skeptical.
Nov 19, 2004
170 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I picked up one a few years back. Dont remember it being that tall LOL
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2115 posts
332 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
Thanks OP. I picked up a comparable Saville last fall and when I went to use it last week it's broken already. It just clicks really loudly. Need a replacement while my complaint goes ignored.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20899 posts
2251 upvotes
Toronto
RandomSanity wrote: Thanks OP. I picked up a comparable Saville last fall and when I went to use it last week it's broken already. It just clicks really loudly. Need a replacement while my complaint goes ignored.
ha, you and I are twins!!! Also have a Seville Classics and just plugged it in - doesn't work. It rotates but no cold air coming out.

Thx OP, ordered one for parcel delivery. Seems to be the best price out there for this tower fan.

To make the dealio hotter, stack the $10 off $50 for signing up the newsletter but seems like Rona is having issues sending out the coupon. I signed up but haven't received the coupon....oh well...
Oct 14, 2017
683 posts
734 upvotes
I have 4 of the 8 speed model in my house. My advice: do not buy them

Pros:

- esthetically very pleasing to look at
- 8 speeds
- remote controller

Cons:
- oscillating motor starts making grinding noises after a few months ... Happened to 3 if my 4
- it's quiet only up until fan setting 3 which is very low speed
- the oscillation makes a click at the end of the cycle
Last edited by xtrmDeals on May 26th, 2020 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 14, 2017
683 posts
734 upvotes
xtrmDeals wrote: I have 4 of these in my house. My advice: do not buy them

Pros:

- esthetically very pleasing to look at
- 8 speeds
- remote controller

Cons:
- oscillating motor starts making grinding noises after a few months ... Happened to 3 if my 4
- it's quiet only up until fan setting 3 which is very low speed
- the oscillation makes a click at the end of the cycle
One more thing, I bought these at $59.99 and one at $69.99.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2006
1897 posts
146 upvotes
I already had one of the Honeywell 5 speed fans and really liked it (very quiet - no grinding noises like the other user experience) so I wanted to order another one on Amazon. I saw that the 8 speed was the same price ($79.99) so I ordered that one instead. I'd highly recommend these fans.

Honeywell HYF290BC QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan, Black, with Oscillation, Remote Control, Slim Profile https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01CU2Y2Q8/ref ... ZEbCB0CJGT
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
2082 posts
1991 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Shakkan wrote: Is the deal dead? Also, that Amazon link is not showing any price. Dead as well?
What’s the consensus?
I had the old model of this and it worked great for about a year and then started making all sorts of noises/grinding/creaking/etc. Was ridiculous. I unscrewed and took apart the whole unit because I thought something was stuck but it was the actual motor itself making all the noise. Pretty crap build quality, I wouldn't buy a Honeywell fan again. If you read the reviews you'll find a lot of people with the same issues.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
10850 posts
2764 upvotes
Scarberia
does this work with alexa smart plugs for auto turning on and oscillating? tia....some won't remember the last settings right? i need ones with 'mechanical' on off switches to work with google voice and alexa right?

and if u want to voice control the remote u need broadlink IR blaster or harmony hub?

tia

i wanted a cheap AC but now i'm thnking cooling fan for under 100$ instead powered by voice control
Last edited by mikka2017 on May 28th, 2020 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
3337 posts
2533 upvotes
No Bum Deals
A suggestion for most but not all requirements is a larger slower fan such as the Honeywell Turbofan 18". They create a long cone of high CFM displaced air. You can set them at speed level one and push air around a large area, through rooms etc. They are quiet at speed level one and even quieter as you can place them some distance away pointing towards where you want. You can feel air movement 30-40 feet away.
They move much more air than the vertical cylinder type, no need for oscillations.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 - 1x Koodo 39/10 - 1x Fido 0/3 🢀
Apr 7, 2009
218 posts
82 upvotes
toronto
FYI, check Vornado fans as well. They're readily available on Amazon or at Bed Bath Beyond, etc. A bit pricier but well reviewed...
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
1159 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto
Home hardware has 8 speed one for 67.47 but with shipping to store only.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)