• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2023 3:21 am
[OP]
May 25, 2007
82 posts
64 upvotes
Surrey

[Rona] Lots appliances on sale 50% off

Saw it yesterday at Fleetwood Rona, a lots of appliances 50% off. The store manager said there will be more appliances show up the next two weeks. I have never seen new appliances on sale this low price before.
Images
  • IMG20230115171440[1].jpg
  • IMG20230115171437[1].jpg
  • IMG20230115171432[1].jpg
  • IMG20230115171422[1].jpg
  • IMG20230115171413[1].jpg
  • IMG20230115171406[1].jpg
  • IMG20230115171353[1].jpg
  • IMG20230115171342[1].jpg
43 replies
Dec 21, 2004
990 posts
229 upvotes
Thanks! I'm looking for a new fridge! This post came just in time! :)
Apr 21, 2020
200 posts
201 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
anyone see dishwashers on sale? mine crapped out on me and leaked throughout the house.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
20742 posts
14217 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I suspect that they might be clearing out the stuff purchased under Lowe's now that Lowe's no longer owns the Canadian stores.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26987 posts
11429 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Looking for an induction stove if anyone sees one.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
May 10, 2021
173 posts
1062 upvotes
As anyone found that at any other store ? Seems like heavy YMMY and limited to this store
Sep 1, 2014
583 posts
690 upvotes
Ontario
hokingchan wrote: anyone see dishwashers on sale? mine crapped out on me and leaked throughout the house.
My advice is save yourself future headaches and just pay for a good bosch dishwasher. I've never had one that compares ot my bosch, in almost every aspect.
May 12, 2020
65 posts
83 upvotes
Any chance you have a closer photo of the tag on the Frigidaire stove? Would love to buy, I’m after that exact model so will try my luck locally
Feb 28, 2021
266 posts
229 upvotes
Stive85 wrote: My advice is save yourself future headaches and just pay for a good bosch dishwasher. I've never had one that compares ot my bosch, in almost every aspect.
Did you have a different brand before your Bosch? I bought and installed a used Bosch that replaced a 15 year ish old Frigidaire and even though they are the same physical size, the racks inside are significantly smaller on the Bosch compared to the Frigidaire. The Bosch is an excellent machine just thought this was weird.
Sep 1, 2014
583 posts
690 upvotes
Ontario
thebluegoat wrote: Did you have a different brand before your Bosch? I bought and installed a used Bosch that replaced a 15 year ish old Frigidaire and even though they are the same physical size, the racks inside are significantly smaller on the Bosch compared to the Frigidaire. The Bosch is an excellent machine just thought this was weird.
Ya, we had a frigidaire before the bosch. I would say a mid level model and it was meh at best. Also only lasted maybe 5-6 years. Have had other dishwashers too in houses I've owne, or places I've lived. None have lived up to the Bosch just in terms of maintenance and the ability to clean.

I don't notice anything major in size difference, but admit the bottom rack is a bit odd. Regardless, I can jigsaw stack the dishes in to maximum capacity and the bosch cleans them great.
Feb 6, 2012
7 posts
8 upvotes
Stive85 wrote: My advice is save yourself future headaches and just pay for a good bosch dishwasher. I've never had one that compares ot my bosch, in almost every aspect.
While they are good, I have the top of the line model....at 6 years..it started leaking water...cheap plastic part on the back was the problem....$25 part and easy fix...a month ago the springs that hold the door as you open it...failed...again cheap plastic parts....$40 to ifx that one...that god for youtube so you can do the repair yourself.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3835 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto
My buddy had a Bosch dishwasher and it leaked causing big damage
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2017
1147 posts
1155 upvotes
craftsman wrote: I suspect that they might be clearing out the stuff purchased under Lowe's now that Lowe's no longer owns the Canadian stores.
100percent. Way too much inventory, curious to see what a leaner Rona looks like. Hopefully they’re more sensible with their pricing, was nearly always more expensive than Home Depot and there were times when you could even price match Lowes to Rona Face With Tears Of Joy. I recently did a price match on DAP draft attack caulk because it was $9 at Lowes but $7 at HD, now the price is exactly the same. Going to guess they’ll scrap the plus 10% as that’s not currently available at Rona.
Dec 7, 2020
277 posts
139 upvotes
not bad but just make sure you have the same warranty and all the stuff as their original priced stuff

i bought a cheaper washer in 2019 and they said my discounted one does not carry full factory warranty and i had to pass
Dec 16, 2009
584 posts
163 upvotes
Durham
SCFZ1000 wrote: While they are good, I have the top of the line model....at 6 years..it started leaking water...cheap plastic part on the back was the problem....$25 part and easy fix...a month ago the springs that hold the door as you open it...failed...again cheap plastic parts....$40 to ifx that one...that god for youtube so you can do the repair yourself.
Let me guess - the water inlet valve where the solenoid is pressed into the plastic?

My Bosch series is 6 years old too.

Two years ago our calcified water (GTA east) plugged up the filter on that part and the unit shut down as it was completely starved of water. Cleaned out the filter and it was good.

My is also 6 years old and started dripping a month ago and luckily I had put a water leak detector in the pan underneath and caught it early.

Got the part but haven’t changed it yet - was impressed with the engineering of the part placement during the install but not as happy with potential servicing as that valve is on the back unlike some other manufacturers requiring removal or at least access to the back.

But in removing the old one loose mineral flakes had already started to build up in the filter - maybe 25 percent blocked.

For GTA folks with Bosch if you electric kettle gets mineral deposits easily it might be an idea to install some sort of coarse filter under the sink that is easily accessible at the dishwasher supply line.

I have owned and installed about a dozen dishwashers for family and the current Bosch is the only one where the inlet filter clogs so easily.

I have been very satisfied with the performance on the dishes and its quietness.

The only other issue is the touch keys finish wears off very easily, glad they are concealed on top.

That being said I would buy Bosch again as it seems they are all disposable these days.
Jan 16, 2023
5 posts
1 upvote
Woah need all new appliances for my rental unit and don't really care about some dents. Perfect timing for me.
Dec 16, 2009
638 posts
762 upvotes
SCFZ1000 wrote: While they are good, I have the top of the line model....at 6 years..it started leaking water...cheap plastic part on the back was the problem....$25 part and easy fix...a month ago the springs that hold the door as you open it...failed...again cheap plastic parts....$40 to ifx that one...that god for youtube so you can do the repair yourself.
We have a Bosch, and while I do like it a lot, it's definitely got cheap plastic all over. The "Runners" on our top shelf broke, and it was easy enough to get replacements... but I couldn't help noticing that the replacements were metal, and you could NOT buy 1 at a time - you could only buy the left-right set ($100). It's pretty clear they knew this part of the washer was crap, but they continue to sell the new washer with plastic runners...

I guess this kind of guarantees then a $100 sale from every owner, after 1-2 years....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)